PDA

View Full Version : Finally did my qualifying x-country...

Simon W
12th Jun 2002, 17:54
... after 2 months of trying to get decent weather I did it yesterday. I gotta say, I was really really nervous (because getting lost on a earlier solo navex still had me a bit rattled) but once I was up and ground features started appearing as planned I really started to enjoy it.

Route was:-

Wycombe > Goodwood (land). Goodwood > Bournemouth (land). Bournemouth > Wycombe (land).

This has really boosted my confidence and I can't wait to get up in the air again!

Simon

AerBabe
12th Jun 2002, 18:03
Well done! Great feeling isn't it :) Not quite first-solo... but still a real buzz. Fantastic achievement! Do you have a date for the GFT now?

Fujiflyer
12th Jun 2002, 18:18
Thats quite a tough route for a cross country trip. Quite a bit of controlled airspace to watch out for.

Well done. I actually thought that my qualifying cross country flight was the highlight of my PPL course.

Fujiflyer :) :) :)

Simon W
12th Jun 2002, 18:35
Aerbabe> Haven't booked the GFT because I still have a few of the exams to get done and also some radio nav training to do. Hopefully soon though.

Simon

Evo7
12th Jun 2002, 19:10
Congratulations mate! When were you at Goodwood? I was flying there today... :)

Not another two months for the skills test, hopefully....

Bluebeard
12th Jun 2002, 19:54
Well done Simon, that's a real achievement. In many ways the qualifying XC is the first time you get to be a real pilot, making all of the decisions for yourself. Glad you enjoyed it too.:cool:

Simon W
30th Sep 2002, 15:05
Well guess what, I did my qualifying cross country in June and have only flown once since due to work things. I still have the same exams to get done. I plan on really getting my head down now, take the exams, have some refresher flights and then book the damn GFT. I've come too far (and spent too much money) to let this drift away now.

A recommendation to anyone just starting out on the training. Fly regularly and get your exams out of the way, don't do it the same way as me! haha.

Simon

PS. I haven't been a regular visitor to pprune for awhile either. Congratulations to Evo7 on A) Doing your QXC and B) Passing your skills test! :-)

Evo
30th Sep 2002, 15:17
Cheers mate - now get thyself to Wycombe... :)