PDA

View Full Version : CPH Base EK

Mrs Mangels
20th Jun 2015, 14:17
30 crew, contractors, 777F operation.
Yes, I know, seriously?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

go46ball
20th Jun 2015, 15:30
I heard about this last month while doing a freighter trip through cph. Is it official? If so where is it published. I wrote it off as just another rumor.

Emma Royds
21st Jun 2015, 06:43
From what I have heard, this has been looked at and perhaps it is still being looked at but I personally, just can't see AAR giving this his blessing at the moment.

Wh1sper
21st Jun 2015, 06:48
And IF it happens, the contractors will surely be the lowest paid in the business. And with the worst roster pairings.

Bring Back The Biff
21st Jun 2015, 10:03
Not a bad idea though.

Free up a bunch of crews, no continual roster disruption...

Kapitanleutnant
21st Jun 2015, 11:22
At a washup a few months back it was mentioned that EK is considering a semi dedicated staff of pilots for only freighter ops. You would fly nothing but freighter trips for a month or two and then go back to regular pax flying… and it would rotate something akin to the rotation of roster groups we have.

Evidently the disruption of of rostering has become worse with the freighter schedules and all the cancellations and subsequent AD days.

Interesting concept….

K

fliion
23rd Jun 2015, 07:25
Too much labor risk in Denmark?

It seems that pilots for FRs CPH based operations under non Danish labor law have attracted unwanted attention.

FDP 60 prior won't wash with a real system of governance.

Ryanair Clashes With Denmark Over Labor Laws - Bloomberg Business (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-22/ryanair-clashes-with-denmark-over-labor-laws)

f.

Wh1sper
23rd Jun 2015, 08:55
Add the Danish taxes and it will get real messy!

Payscale
23rd Jun 2015, 10:41
Dont worry about it. If it happens it probably wont be open for expats or danish EK pilots! Take it with a grain of salt...afterall its still only a rumour

donpizmeov
24th Jun 2015, 17:44
Hainan Airlines has B787 NTR Captain positions available. Now accepting B737NG, B747-400, B757, B767 and B777 Captains. Will also accept B787 direct entry Captains.

B787 Captains can choose Beijing, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles Seattle, Auckland, Toronto or San Jose, California as home base airport. Captains will start at their duty cycle from their home base and then their last leg will return them to their home base.

Compensation per month (full amount received by pilot after airline has satisfied taxes in China): $24,500 USD per month ($294,000 USD per year) plus overtime

Work schedules available ranging from full time residence (30 days annual leave) to 4 weeks ON, 4 weeks OFF commuting schedule. Two exciting new schedules available.

Medical and Loss of License Insurance Provided by Hainan Airlines

This NTR program requires that you have at least 500 PIC hours in one of the Boeing aircraft listed above, current within 6 months on that aircraft, 4,000 hours total time and under the age of 55.

Please send us the following information to schedule your interview:

Name: ___________________

Payscale
24th Jun 2015, 18:12
And just what has Hainan to do top EK Copenhagen base?...buy a banner

fliion
25th Jun 2015, 17:46
Don

Thanks for posting.

Question: was that direct from the airline via the 'banner click' on this URL or an agency?

f.

donpizmeov
25th Jun 2015, 21:52
From a friend in China Southern Fliion. Standard recruiting dudes I guess.

Capt. Flamingo
26th Jun 2015, 01:39
I got an email from VOR holdings with the same Hainan info

Payscale
26th Jun 2015, 08:48
Guys. Please open a china thread. Its much easier and people who would like to read about a CPH base dont have to read China stuff. Makes sense, right?

Fack5
26th Jun 2015, 12:19
Are the Chinese looking for Dugong drivers by any stretch or must one be qualified on the 777?

White Knight
26th Jun 2015, 14:00
There will be NO CPH base Payscale. At least not for EK pilots... I don't understand why the 777 guys are having fantasies here😲😲

Edited to add that I believe Payscale is a 380 flyer and so wouldn't qualify anyway😂😂

Payscale
26th Jun 2015, 19:16
Yes I fly the A380. That doesn't make the subject of basing less interesting

SMT Member
27th Jun 2015, 08:32
If EK were to base crews in CPH, they'd run into the exact same issues as Ryanair. Namely that some incredibly powerful unions will insist the airline signs a CLA with the based crews under Danish law. Should EK, like FR, choose not to do so their flights will not receive any ground handling.

The case agains FR has been in the labour court, and a ruling is expected shortly. Whether the ruling goes for or against the unions the result will be the same: Either a legal or illegal halt to all ground handling. FR will then either discontinue service to CPH all together, or drop the base and only serve CPH from other stations.

FR will never sign a CLA under Danish labour law, and I cannot fathom a scenario where EK would either. As with FR, the repercussions will undermine their businessplan to the point it no longer makes sense.

White Knight
9th Jul 2015, 20:13
It may be interesting Payscale but it ain't gonna happen for EK pilots... We've been through this topic on and off for years! Same as the rumour of a 380 base in SYD or AKL....

dubsor
15th Jul 2015, 07:51
Anyone have any info regarding this?

Wh1sper
15th Jul 2015, 08:14
Check previous thread "CPH Base EK". Bogus rumor.

Fack5
15th Jul 2015, 09:00
30 crew, contractors, 777F operation.

WK, the rumor is about contract pilots, not EK. Do try to keep up, old boy there's a good chap! :rolleyes: