PDA

View Full Version : FI seminar

slr737
22nd May 2015, 12:32
I have the revalidate my FI & CRI rating. I'll be using the seminar road for it as I have the hours required.

However, who is supposed to sign my licence? The seminar provider is an instructor and we have no FE authorized for FI examination in the school?
So i bet the only way is to send the paperwork to gatwick and pay for it ?

Ex Oggie
22nd May 2015, 18:32
Normally an FIE at the seminar you go to will sign your licence and paperwork, once it has been verifed that you meet all the requirements for revalidation. They will then send off proof of your attendance to the CAA.

You don't say who is running the seminar but there will be FIE's present (e.g. the presenters).

Some seminar providers do this as a matter of course as a customer service and/or duty of care.

XO

Whopity
23rd May 2015, 13:39
The seminar provider is an instructor and we have no FE authorized for FI examination in the school?
This sounds as though you will be attending a Seminar in a State other than the UK. All of the UK approved Seminars involve FIEs, I doubt the CAA would approve them otherwise.

Either way, the seminar provider should check your logbook and licence and provide you with the correct paperwork appropriately signed, if they can't do that, I would question their ability to provide a suitable seminar.