PDA

View Full Version : Cumulative Duty Cap371 Question

ingridiines
20th May 2015, 22:49
Hi All,

I have a question that you may be able to answer.

I work for a small airline with block times averaging 1.5 Hours.

I therefore do not tend to max out on flying hours however i do tend to hit my 28,14 and 7 day Cumulative duty limits. Here is what the CAP 371 says:

"22.3 Calculation of Cumulative Duty Hours (all aircraft)

Duty hours shall be added to cumulative totals in accordance with the following:

a) To count in full:

i) Duty periods and flying duty periods, plus subsequent post-flight duties
ii) All standby duty, except that specified in b) i) and ii) below
iii) The time spent on positioning.

b) To count as half the time on duty:

i) The standby duty, when the period of notice given to the crew member by the
operator before reporting for duty, is treble or more than the specified minimum
report time.
ii) The standby duty when undertaken at home, or in suitable accommodation
provided by the operator, takes place during the period 2200 to 0800 hours, and the crew member can take undisturbed rest and is not called out for duty."

I use Logten to record my duties as well as my flying hours but i do not understand the concept of CAP 371, Section 22, Para. 22.3 regarding calculation of half the time on duty. the bit I do not get is

b i) The standby duty, when the period of notice given to the crew member by the operator before reporting for duty, is treble or more than the specified minimum report time.

My report time is 1 hour before off blocks but i do not understand why that is relevant if i have not been called in..

How do i record that as cumulative duty if say i do a 10 hour standby at home during the day and do not get called in or if i do a 4 hour standby before reporting for a duty?

I think its as clear as mud!

Any ideas?
:ugh: