PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building Scotland

Fun on 7401
25th Apr 2015, 10:32
Hi All,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on any decent hour building rates, shares or leases in and around the central belt of Scotland. Preferably in something like a 152/172, PA-28 or similar.

I know that this has been asked before but the most recent thread I can find is a couple of years old and I'm just looking for the most up to date information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

PPRuNeUser0178
25th Apr 2015, 13:27
I know some one who has a share in a 152, who said shares were available east central scotland

xrayalpha
25th Apr 2015, 17:20
Go to Planes and Aircraft For Sale - Light Aircraft, Autogyros, Helicopters ... (UK) (http://www.afors.com), buy a Light Aircraft Association aircraft - base it here at Strathaven! - fly the socks off it, and then sell it for basically what you paid for it!

Fuel at £15 an hour, no landing fees, and £120 a month hangarage for a wing-fold like a Kitfox.

Yes, you'll need some more training. But hey, that's what flying is all about - always learning.

riverrock83
29th Apr 2015, 23:21
There are normally shares going on G-BVNS based at Prestwick Flying Club.
The Aircraft (http://www.scottish-airways-flyers.net/aircraft.asp)
Go to the vacancies page to email and find out more if you're interested.

Disclaimer - I've no direct attachment to NS but a member of PFC.

Glasgow_Flyer
2nd May 2015, 11:33
Pretty sure I still have a share in NS - would owe a small fortune in annual fees though! :-)

Ginger Ninja
14th Aug 2015, 18:22
Seen this post.

Had a look around the forum, but as original post says, not very many upto date posts.

Looking to help reduce the costs of my hour building. Need the 100 hours PIC prior to commencing my CPL, though only started my ATPL's, so got about a years worth of flying before my CPL.

Stay in the west of Glasgow. Any one got any helpful suggestions?

airpolice
14th Aug 2015, 19:10
There is/was a PA38 at Perth for hour building, no landing fees. ACS/Leading edge have details.

xrayalpha
14th Aug 2015, 19:28
See previous post:

Light Aircraft, Mk3 Kitfox..., For Sale, advert ID=32442 (http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adview&adid=32442&imid=1)

You'll have a lot of fun flying one of these, and - perhaps most important - have some interesting tales to tell at any interviews later!

Ginger Ninja
14th Aug 2015, 20:38
Thanks guys.

xrayalpha, good as that looks, I dont have £10950 at this monent. Hour building will need to be pay as you go pretty much.

Cheers

xrayalpha
14th Aug 2015, 21:51
If you want to do 100 hours in a year:

Share at Leading Edge, for example:

£50 per month, £99 ph and £900 up front with 20% off after a year (ie £180 cost for 12 months)

I make that around £10,780. Cash. Spent. Gone.

Buy an aircraft - you don't need to spend £10,500! - or a share in a light aircraft of the LAA type at Strathaven or Perth or (maybe) the Eurostar at Prestwick, and you will have hourly costs of around £50, I would have thought. And at the end of the year you still have an asset!

Never want to put anyone off flying, but..... To be frank, if you can't find £10k now (beg, borrow or steal), there's not much point in worrying about a CPL yet.

(there is a separate thread about whether to forget about CPL etc and just get a good job that pays enough for you to go flying when you want, where you want!)

Finally, not trying to drum up business for us here at Strathaven - on the contrary, we are soon going to have to start a waiting list!

riverrock83
17th Aug 2015, 12:45
Prestwick Flying Club's Robin is £156ph
Prestwick Flight Centre's Katana or C152 are £142.50ph last time I checked last year.

The landing costs from the club are a bit lower, and I suspect if you went to them with a proposition they could cut that amount (the aircraft is currently under-utilised).
If you buy 45 hours in advance with the centre, it goes down to about £135ph (again - I haven't checked prices in a while).

G-BVNS as mentioned before in this thread (PA28 Archer) is around £114ph, with an annual fee of £480 (but you need to buy a share - probably around £1500). It is IFR capable and also under-utilised.