PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Single Engine Policy

jfriel
22nd Apr 2015, 19:02
I wanted to confirm a rumor that I recently heard about some charter operations. Supposedly under certain conditions a certain charter operation brings one engine to flight idle on final approach to allow for spool down before arriving at the FBO. I could imagine that an operator shuts down an engine during taxi in, but actually flying with differential thrust on final approach seems odd to me. Also, there are reports that they start the APU during final approach to help carry the electrical load. My questions are as follows:

1. Does this procedure actually exist?
2. Is the procedure used only in VMC?
3. Is the procedure part of an approved OPSPEC?

Global_Global
23rd Apr 2015, 08:20
Troll alert.... :suspect:

GlenQuagmire
23rd Apr 2015, 10:27
yes we always do that except when we sometimes shut down both engines and waggle the rudder really fast to make thrust like a fish does. Its called fishing, and its very similar to what the OP does for a living

The opspecs allow for rubber band launching and filling the cabin with helium to save fuel as well as any other stupid crap that anyone makes up

ffs

Global_Global
23rd Apr 2015, 12:04
What? You still start the engines before the flight? We use a rubber band to launch the aircraft :ooh:

PSF2J
23rd Apr 2015, 12:47
The best rumour I think that I have ever heard! Top notch that one.....

We just feed our crew baked beans the night before a trip....works a treat for getting airborne!

First.officer
23rd Apr 2015, 19:37
We just get engineering to order sky hooks, and use those to save money etc.

F/o