PDA

View Full Version : Prune fly in Cranfield 26th April

thing
19th Apr 2015, 12:57
Part the second...

OK I'll start another list...sourcing an a/c for next Sunday is proving a bit difficult at the moment, we're moving our club to a new location next Saturday so it depends how that goes. At worst I can fly in from somewhere else and be there for 1300. If you could let me know the usual, POB, type, reg, where you are coming from and ETA.

Cranfield 26th April

thing-2pob-Warrior-GALB-Gamston-1300

Sharpend-2pob-Bulldog-GGRR-Turweston-1200

Hegemon-1POB-Dakota-DAKA-Stapleford-1200

Curlytips-1POB-172-AXDI-Rochester-1200

Simon T-1POB-Cherokee-ATOR-Bourne Park-1130

RO13FLY-1POB-Arrow-BIKE-Rochester-1230

tobster911
19th Apr 2015, 14:06
Anybody going from East Anglia (Colchester Region)? If so, would you happen to have a spare seat or anything? Would love to experience one of these PPRuNe fly-ins.

Thank you

Toby

Curlytips
19th Apr 2015, 18:21
Tobster - if you wouldn't mind picking up landing fees at Earls Colne there and back, I'm sure I could drop in and collect. PM me if you want to experience the mighty Air Plains Cessna......

Thing - will confirm where coming from later - see above. Will aim for 11.00Z. New recruit is G-BIKE PA- 28R from Rochester. Is about to join Pprune and make appearance here - have suggested "cyclist" as pseudonym.:p

Genghis the Engineer
19th Apr 2015, 21:00
I can't make it I'm afraid. The aeroplane is poorly*, if I've fixed it by then somebody else has it booked, and because Im a masochistic idjit, I'm doing a 10km Regiment Fitness race that day.

G

*Due to my own stupidity. Leave the fuel cap by the pumps by accident, and people taxi over it. Can't really blame them for that.

sharpend
20th Apr 2015, 09:07
We should be OK in our Bulldog.

thing
20th Apr 2015, 14:55
Copied everyone. Are you still 3 pob and 1200L Sharpend?

Curly if you could get pob and eta for BIKE.

sharpend
20th Apr 2015, 18:44
Only ever 2 cos that all the seats I have!

thing
20th Apr 2015, 20:04
Sorry, brain fade on my part!

KieranBal
21st Apr 2015, 17:48
Similar to Tobster, if anyone is going from/flying over Essex and would like some company, I would be more than happy to contribute towards landing fees/costs/lunch!

PPL based in Southend but very little experience in airfields other than Southend, Lydd and Cambridge. Would love the experience of new airfields, aircraft and pilots and I am more than happy to drive a way to somewhere convenient!

Kieran

Curlytips
21st Apr 2015, 20:08
Still a further seat available, but would make sense if you could get to Earls Colne to board at same time as Tobster. Plus is that you share landing fees (and maybe lunch?). Minus is that you take turns riding shotgun. PM me if you wish to join us.:ok:

RO13FLY
22nd Apr 2015, 17:58
Copied everyone. Are you still 3 pob and 1200L Sharpend?

Curly if you could get pob and eta for BIKE.

BIKE will be there around 1230L. 1 pob. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Simon T
23rd Apr 2015, 06:59
I'm in, same details

Simon

thing
23rd Apr 2015, 07:21
Can you all check the list above for accuracy? Weather looking much like it did last Sun at the moment. No matter what let's keep it as a goer and individual pilots make their own call on the weather. I'll phone the list through to Cranfield tomorrow. Don't forget to call Cranfield before departure or to let them know if you're not coming. I suggest that we meet in the Pacific caff. Hopefully see everyone on Sunday, don't eat all the pies before we get there!

RO13FLY
23rd Apr 2015, 18:20
Hopefully the weather will be kind. Can't guarantee I will leave any pies though...

thing
25th Apr 2015, 05:53
Dare I say it, the weather is looking not too bad for the morrow. Don't forget to give Cranfield a bell before you set off or have decided to drop out, ta.

JOE-FBS
25th Apr 2015, 18:58
I have an aeroplane tomorrow but only late. If I can arrange things with my passengers (first timers on a birthday flight), will any of you still be at Cranfield at 1530?

thing
25th Apr 2015, 19:37
I'll probably be heading back around that time.

Curlytips
25th Apr 2015, 19:38
If the front takes it's time to clear far SE, we may be late arrival, but would hope to be getting away around that time at about the latest. Weather should be good by then for sure!

JOE-FBS
25th Apr 2015, 19:41
OK, thanks, that what I thought. Maybe next time.

Genghis the Engineer
25th Apr 2015, 20:52
Sorry to be missing it; have fun chaps.

G

Simon T
26th Apr 2015, 11:03
Overcast at 600ft where I am at present so not going to make it... Bummer

Simon

RO13FLY
26th Apr 2015, 12:14
Not the best weather for me so will leave it for another time. Safe flying all those who are still going ahead.

Rob.

Gertrude the Wombat
26th Apr 2015, 13:21
Flew over the CIT twice today, Cranfield had some instrument training traffic as usual but I didn't notice any vast fly-in activity :confused:

thing
26th Apr 2015, 13:26
Flew over the CIT twice today, Cranfield had some instrument training traffic as usual but I didn't notice any vast fly-in activity :confused:

Culytips and me here at the moment holding up the fort.

thing
26th Apr 2015, 16:12
Understand from Curly that the weather was pretty grim down south. Absolutely glorious for us on the way down and back. Never mind, these fly ins from all over the country are always fraught with potholes.

Gertrude the Wombat
26th Apr 2015, 16:43
Understand from Curly that the weather was pretty grim down south.
Yes, the front which I was expecting to scrub my trip today actually moved further south sooner than originally forecast :ok:

Curlytips
26th Apr 2015, 19:30
Yes, the front which I was expecting to scrub my trip today actually moved further south sooner than originally forecast :ok:

Only just made it back to Rochester - clouds down to 700ft. Was fine until south of Thames.

Thing - thanks for organising. Good to meet you and hope you didn't forget to photograph the massive flight line of PPruNe attendees........

KieranBal
26th Apr 2015, 23:27
Seconding Curly's thanks to Thing for organising and thanks to Curly for the flight, good to know you got back to Rochester alright too (just about)!