PDA

View Full Version : Friendly fields in France or Spain

MarcusH
13th Apr 2015, 23:23
We are planning a trip to Spain this May, from Ireland and I am wondering where are the nicest fields to fly to en-route and why. We are planning on getting to La Rochelle on the first evening but are open to suggestion from that point on. Please let me know why you would suggest fields. For instance great restaurant nearby or beautiful scenery etc. all help is much appreciated

Mark

piperboy84
13th Apr 2015, 23:39
San Sebastion would be a good lunch stop after your La Rochelle departure, great scenery down the coast , good facilites, reasonable priced fees, pretty dramatic approach views.

MarcusH
14th Apr 2015, 09:30
San Sebastián is definately on our plan.

N-Jacko
14th Apr 2015, 15:58
Unless you need all of La Rochelle's tarmac runway, you might find St Pierre d'Oleron (LFDP) more relaxing for an overnight stop. A decent hotel with pool and beach http://www.hoteliledelumiere-oleron.com/ is a short taxi-ride from the airport, and good seafood within walking distance from the hotel. Other recollections are a bit fuzzy...

ATB, Peter.

MarcusH
14th Apr 2015, 23:28
We start in Dublin, Guernsey, La Rochelle. After that we are going for San Sebastián but would like other interesting places before we get there. We could fly another two days in France if we were given some nice places to visit. After San Sebastián our final destination is Reus south of Barcelona. We will then be based here for a few days before others take over and take the plane home.

N-Jacko
15th Apr 2015, 12:28
Presignac-Rebeyrotte (LF2432) is a well-maintained easy private (PPR) one-way not too far from La Rochelle. "Authentic" French country accommodation, decent pool, outstanding restaurant, but take a book if you want night-life...

MarcusH
15th Apr 2015, 20:12
Are there any more great places to visit? I keep hearing how france is so GA friendly. We have another day or two to fill before Spain.

MarcusH
15th Apr 2015, 20:18
I'll talk to my fellow fliers about the alternative fields to La Rochelle. Both sound intersting