PDA

View Full Version : First Flight!

Coke611
8th Jun 2002, 19:11
Hi all.

I went on my first flight today in a small aircraft - and may I say it was absolutely FANTASTIC! I was in a Cessna 152 - G-OSFC from EGSG.

I am definately now going to start PPL training - I dont care what I have to do to get the money!

A small question - if I am in a small aircraft as P2 (i think thats what its called - when you arent actually flying, but you are still in the front seats), can that be put into my logbook as flying time? Obviously not towards my PPL, but just counted as flying hours?

I am going to see if I can 'hitch a ride' in any small aircraft I can now! It really is a fantastic feeling, to be up there with the clouds!

P.S Thankyou very much to all that have answered my posts in this and other forums, it is very much appreciated!

foxmoth
8th Jun 2002, 19:25
Glad you liked it, welcome to the addiction;) .
As far as the other flying goes, if you are not with an instuctor (or solo) you are flying as a pax and can only log it as "other flying" which most log books have a column for, but it does not go in your total hours and does not count towards anything - most people do not bother with this.
n.b. no such thing as P2 for PPL light aircraft flying.

QNH 1013
8th Jun 2002, 19:36
Great to hear you liked it. Not much you can do about the cost of learning to fly although some parts of the UK are much cheaper than others. However, once you have your licence, there are many ways of flying for a fraction of the hourly rate that you will pay when training.
If you "go for it" you should have no difficulty in getting your licence this summer. I know the weather is going to perk up soon because Mrs QNH has told me so.

AerBabe
8th Jun 2002, 23:16
Told you so ;)

Glad you enjoyed it!!