PDA

View Full Version : we have thieves in our midst gentlemen

ianhogg
7th Jun 2002, 08:36
Rather than block up this forum if you go to the flying instructors one I posted the details .But briefly if some vermin offers you a brand new Jabiru 2.2 with slash heads cheap its hot and Id like their scrotum as a wallet please

Click this link, it will take you straight to it Click me. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55793) Read it if you have your own hangar etc........

Genghis the Engineer
7th Jun 2002, 10:42
Ian,

To fit such an engine as a mod or on a new homebuilt, somebody will need the serial number. I suggest you write to the BMAA CTO and PFA Chief Engineer asking them to put a watch on any paperwork listing that engine serial number.

G

tacpot
7th Jun 2002, 12:53
And given the likelihood that the serial number will have been overstamped, perhaps every Jabiru engine whose paper work crosses the authorities desks over the next few months should be physically checked to see if it is stolen engine.

If such thieves quickly learn that the aviation community really does pull together in such circumstances in order to put them behind bars, they will be much less likely to consider raiding any other sites in the future.

I've see a number of 'lost' items being reported on PPrune. If any have been recovered through infromation from the aviation community, it would help to have that fact published on PPrune and elsewhere.