PDA

View Full Version : UK TRE paperwork

slr737
25th Feb 2015, 14:32
It's a long time since I have taken a LPC on someone not having a UK licence and I'd like to confirm something.

When I have done the test, I shall send the paperwork to the examinee administration but also to the UK CAA. Does the UK CAA accept the other administration paperwork or do I have to use the SRG2199 for the UK.

The other administration want to use their own paperwork which I understand but what about the UK. If i remember well my examiner refresher, the UK wants us to always use the UK paperwork and so expect us to send the correct UK form to them to monitor our work.

In resume, when you as UK examiner take a check on a non UK examiner, what do you send to the UK?

it was so easy under JAR-FCL....

thx

S-Works
25th Feb 2015, 14:36
You use the paperwork of the country of the candidate and send this to their CAA and a copy to our CAA.

You do not use UK forms on non UK candidates.

Most of our pilots are non UK licence holders and I spend my life doing type rating renewals on them. We have pilots from 8 countries at the moment!!!

slr737
25th Feb 2015, 18:17
Thanks for the information on how you do it.

However I just went through the STD doc 24 and found on page 43 :

"A7.8 The examiner report form should be used by all UK certified examiners who conduct a test/check or assessment of competence for the issue, revalidation or renewal of a licence, rating or certificate to any pilot irrespective of the State of Issue of the licence holder."

When you read it, you should be supposed to also fill the 2199 only for the UK. But if gatwick has never says anything to you, then I'll do the same. Much easier than to fill in a second set of paperwork. we have more than enough already ! :)

nick14
25th Feb 2015, 18:21
The IAA don't mind UK forms (or at least didn't at my last check)