PDA

View Full Version : Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

piperboy84
22nd Feb 2015, 05:43
Well I finally broke down and against my better judgement bought the bugger, Have to wait till New York state digs itself out from the snow before i can ferry it.

2007 MAULE M4-180V Piston Single Aircraft For Sale At Controller.com (http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/MAULE-M4-180V/2007-MAULE-M4-180V/1352897.htm)

BEagle
22nd Feb 2015, 07:13
Very nice indeed! It should be fun to fly.

Showroom condition interior too.

dont overfil
22nd Feb 2015, 08:31
Are you going to breed with them?:ok:
D.O.

ShyTorque
22nd Feb 2015, 10:48
Looks like a very nice aircraft and very practical, too.

snchater
22nd Feb 2015, 11:51
What a fabulous aeroplane - most envious :ok:

A few years ago I was at Winter Haven and a Maule floatplane taxied in .
I caught the mooring rope and helped the pilot dock.

"Nice 'plane " I commented. "Do you like?" the pilot replied. "Yes , but its not as nice as the Beagle Pup I fly!". He smiled , gave me his card and said" give me a call if you ever want to trade down!".

Later that night I looked at the card and realised I'd been talking to Mr Maule :ugh:

Safe flying

piperboy84
23rd Feb 2015, 02:46
Later that night I looked at the card and realised I'd been talking to Mr Maul

I had the pleasure several years back of getting a 1 hour flying lesson in a M7 from Ray Maule (the founder B.D. Maule's son) at the Maule factory. The plane I bought from them was the family's personal run-around that they used down in Florida on floats (perhaps the one you seen).

The same month I bought the plane back in 2009 B.D.'s widow passed away she had ran the company with her husband from it's inception until her death in her 90's. B.D's grandson Brent wrote my deal up, they are a very nice family and are very proud of the fact that they are the last family owned company that builds type certificated aircraft continually since its founding.

piperboy84
8th Apr 2015, 21:30
Getting excited here, ferry pilot arrived in Dunkirk today, weather providing he will be leaving for the 4 day journey from NY state to KSMO where I will be like a small child awaiting Santa

abgd
9th Apr 2015, 07:43
If it isn't too insensitive a question, what happened to the old one?

fastjet45
9th Apr 2015, 14:16
Can you post a picture the link you provided is just a blank sold page.

piperboy84
9th Apr 2015, 16:03
Old boss snugly tucked in the hangar in angus awaiting another summer of bouncing in and out of farm fields, beaches and the Highlands and Islands and maybe even another European adventure.

New boss N159AR
» OPShots.net - Cyberhub to Cleveland Aviation and the World! (http://www.opshots.net/gallery2/index.php?page=photos&id=41242)

Old boss n3110j

Scottish Aero Club - Photo Albums: N3110J Maule (http://www.scottishaeroclub.org.uk/photogallery.php?photo_id=397)

piperboy84
11th Apr 2015, 16:51
Ferry pilot making good progress, Thursday from KDKK TO KDVK Stewart Powell field in eastern Kentucky. Friday DVDK to Oklahoma City, and is enroute right now probably will make it to western New Mexico or eastern Arizona tonight. With a bit luck it will be here lateSunday.

Really got to hand it to this guy, he aint messing around, the forecast for the first leg from Dunkirk to Kentucky was pretty bad, he navigated around it all then sheltered it in a hangar for the evening as hail was forecast.

piperboy84
12th Apr 2015, 15:54
Flagstaff Az 4 hours out !!!!

India Four Two
12th Apr 2015, 20:08
Flagstaff Az ...

Always reminds me of "Route 66" :)

"Flagstaff, Arizona, don't forget Winona,
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino" and finally KSMO

Very appropriate in this case, as Route 66 terminates at the end of Santa Monica Pier.

Let's see some arrival photos!

piperboy84
12th Apr 2015, 20:18
Ferry pilot just called, delayed, he had to run in flagstaff to an auto parts store for a replacement gas cap, say as he started to land at fields with higher altitudes when opening the gas caps the fuel tanks were "pressurized" he checked both the fuel caps and the tank vent and the both let air in but not out I.e. One way venting, upon landing at flagstaff which is about 5000msl he said the tank were very pressurized , it's not a show stopper but he can't figure why it is doing it, and does not know if this is normal.

treadigraph
12th Apr 2015, 21:11
I see the new Boss is an M4 - is that a Strata Rocket?

Best of luck with your new toy!

funfly
12th Apr 2015, 22:21
I'm still trying to work out where it will be stationed. US or Scotland?
Is there a Scotland in the US? Is there a Dunkirk in the US?
Teach me some geography, and to think I navigated all over Europe!

fisbangwollop
13th Apr 2015, 15:18
Look forward to hearing your new bird soon on the airwaves of Scottish Information :cool::cool::cool:

India Four Two
13th Apr 2015, 16:14
Look forward to hearing your new bird soon on the airwaves of Scottish Information :cool::cool::cool:Hi FBW,

I don't think so, unless my friend PB84 is WAY off course! ;)

funfly,
Here is your geography lesson:ok:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/india42/GC%20mapper%20DKK-SMO_zpszyg0efza.png
Great Circle Mapper (http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=dkk-dvk-okc-flg-smo&MS=wls&DU=nm)

"Two thousand miles all the way..."

skyking1
13th Apr 2015, 17:01
I think "Ferry Pilot" threw him off. I know it did me, I would have gotten my own across the US. I would not be able to wait to fly it :)

funfly
13th Apr 2015, 17:13
'course I knew really, just that I thought most other posters here would be afraid to ask :rolleyes:

skyking1
13th Apr 2015, 17:50
I looked up the designator. Santa Monica? that's not a ferry flight :D

fisbangwollop
13th Apr 2015, 19:55
India four two.......dont worry, Scottish Info will be talikng to him soon, and no he is not off course:ok:

fastjet45
13th Apr 2015, 20:55
Why are you not flying it home yourself ?

piperboy84
13th Apr 2015, 21:53
"Why are you not flying it home yourself?"

Apparently sitting right seat on this incredible journey is not what the other half calls "romantic quality time" during her holidays, oh no much better to do a 1800 mile road trip with Rhianna and Pitbull or Bulldog or whatever the f@&k his name is blaring in my ear the entire journey driving round the west coast while the ferry pilot gets paid to have all the fun. I mean who wouldn't want to skip ferrying the newly purchased plane of your dreams and instead visit the "lovely sea lions caves in Oregon" ( they had all pissed off that day and I spent 20 bucks looking at an empty cave smelling sea lion ****) or even 4 full days "relaxing by the pool at a resort in Palm Springs with me and her sipping cocktails like normal couples do " turning out to be 4 days of me lying in 100 degree heat sweating like a damned rapist surrounded by gays, golfers and plastic enhanced grannies masquerading as cougars. Oh yeah much better than flying the Maule cross country ! Then again I didn't have a choice in the matter so no point grumbling.

piperboy84
13th Apr 2015, 22:06
Heres the arrival vid
4meOhiCKTWQ

skyking1
13th Apr 2015, 22:29
Ah yes, thy spousal factor. My condolences, but barely that as my life is driven about in much the same manner. She has been a good sport about several trips in the past.

Union Jack
13th Apr 2015, 22:46
Here's the arrival vid

Wishing you many happy landings, Piper - a great end to a great story!:ok:

Jack (aka Jock)

fastjet45
14th Apr 2015, 07:30
Apparently sitting right seat on this incredible journey is not what the other half calls "romantic quality time" during her holidays, oh no much better to do a 1800 mile road trip with Rhianna and Pitbull or Bulldog or whatever the f@&k his name is blaring in my ear the entire journey driving round the west coast while the ferry pilot gets paid to have all the fun. I mean who wouldn't want to skip ferrying the newly purchased plane of your dreams and instead visit the "lovely sea lions caves in Oregon" ( they had all pissed off that day and I spent 20 bucks looking at an empty cave smelling sea lion ****) or even 4 full days "relaxing by the pool at a resort in Palm Springs with me and her sipping cocktails like normal couples do " turning out to be 4 days of me lying in 100 degree heat sweating like a damned rapist surrounded by gays, golfers and plastic enhanced grannies masquerading as cougars. Oh yeah much better than flying the Maule cross country ! Then again I didn't have a choice in the matter so no point grumbling.

:D:D:D:D:D

Is she staying in the USA or flying back to Scotland ?

fisbangwollop
14th Apr 2015, 09:07
Piper Boy......this video just come to light, is this the standard way of washing the tyres on the Maule?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=grKsx3LJ2LA&feature=youtu.be

piperboy84
14th Apr 2015, 09:48
Is that in the UK?

cockney steve
14th Apr 2015, 10:08
Thanks for that vivid description of your road-trip....If I hadn't been laughing so hard, I would have been sharing your misery.
There is something about the Mighty Maule...perhaps it's the long snout, that suggests this is a real stol performer.
If I were a Pilot, ...if I were wealthy.....it would be high on my list.

fisbangwollop
14th Apr 2015, 12:08
Piper Boy, I belive it was taken recently on Ullswater in the Lake district.:cool:

India Four Two
14th Apr 2015, 15:34
There is a thread here:
http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/559868-plane-hits-ullswater.html

pb84,
I hope your other Maule is safely locked up in its hangar. ;)