PDA

View Full Version : Licensing again!

cessnapete
15th Feb 2015, 20:54
I have a JAR PPL/IR deemed to be an EASA licence until expiring in 2016.
I believed that I can fly EASA and Non EASA Annex II aircraft with these qualifications. CAA ruling. I assume any aircraft not deemed EASA is covered, Permit, and ex military types, as by definition they are deemed as Non EASA.
In the past year I have flown EASA and various other types, Chipmunk, Tiger Moth, various RVs. Alpi 300.

As it's an EASA licence I've also flown to various EASA countries, it's a Euopean licence.
A colleague now tells me I should have had an LAPL national licence to cover non EASA types as my JAR deemed EASA does not apply.
Is this correct?

Mach Jump
15th Feb 2015, 20:57
Is this correct?

No. (So long as the Annex II aircraft were UK registered.)

Different National Authorities within EASA have made different arrangements for their non-EASA (Annex II)aircraft. In the UK, The CAA have deemed an EASA Licence to be valid to fly Uk registered Annex II aircraft.

As your JAA PPL Is deemed by EASA to be an EASA licence until you renew it as an EASA one, it is also deemed valid, by the UK CAA, to fly UK registered Annex II aircraft.

MJ:ok:

Whopity
15th Feb 2015, 23:21
I should have had an LAPL national licenceThere is no such thing as an LAPL National Licence! A LAPL is an EASA licence and you cannot hold more than one EASA licence in the same aircraft category.