PDA

View Full Version : Vistajet

MikeAlphaBravo
9th Feb 2015, 10:59
I see Vistajet currently have vacancies for TR captains on both Global Express and the Challenger 350. Does anybody know whether they are willing to hire non type rated with a suitable bond? I sincerely hope to get in to this company in the not too distant future. Seems like a great place to work.

CL300
9th Feb 2015, 15:49
Just buy yourself a type rating, then you will be type-rated, then you could apply...I would think that either :

you call them and ask.

you call them and tell them that they should change their advertisement adding non-type-rated captains.

Then you future will be considerably closer.. no ?

GlenQuagmire
9th Feb 2015, 16:55
I applied with a BD700 rating and a few hundred hours command and got a PFO.

Empty Cruise
10th Feb 2015, 02:50
Of the current 350 fleet - 5 were hired with TRs. Rest have a 3-year, linear bond.

So buying a TR - as in other sectors of aviation - is far from guaranteeing you'll get in. If management deem you wont fit - you'll get the PFO. Turned down 16k hrs guys with 1k hrs on type...

MikeAlphaBravo
10th Feb 2015, 11:24
Empty Cruise / GlenQuagmire, thanks for the info, CL 300 can keep his useless crap to himself. We all know that what a company advertises for and will actually accept can be 2 different things and there's no harm asking for the inside info. :rolleyes:

Sop_Monkey
10th Feb 2015, 11:30
PFO? The fact you had any response from an application does speak volumes for VJ, as most cant even be bothered.

CL300
10th Feb 2015, 12:27
MAB...mate,

you shall know the industry better, either it is a small department and everyone is covering at least two bases, plus flying; and you can anticipate delays or no responses.

From Vista , it is like Netjets, a bunch of secretaries and an automated email response.:yuk:

Whoever joined Vista, it is their own profile that was chosen, would it be because they knew someone from inside or whatever, it does not matter, if Vista publicize a job offer for TR captain, it is for a good reason, and if you want more info , you buy yourself a ticket to Malta, or take your phone, or whatever.
ho wait may be they put this od up because they were actually in need of FA ? :ugh::ugh:

Did you get a positive info on your question ? nope, some people got their TR included with the purchase of the plane, the others get bonded for it...May be these guys applied for the GLEX ? who knows ? At the end of the day, PFO or not, I hope that you land your wonderful dream job at Vista in a very short period of time ( TR or not).:ok:

lssp
10th Feb 2015, 14:54
Somebody who knows what the current contract says?
Salary +add-ons, vacation, etc. If you are rated, how many years before you can apply for different type?

PM or post here

Thanks

Son of a Beech
25th Feb 2015, 22:06
The payscale on ppjn (VistaJet pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/VistaJet)) is as follows

Capt top Fleet specific: LR60 80k/yr. CL604/5 and CL850 90k/yr. GLEX 100k/yr. 4/Nov/11
Capt base Fleet specific: LR60 62k/yr. CL604/5 and CL850 72k/yr. GLEX 82k/yr.
4/Nov/11
FO top Fleet specific: LR60 46k/yr. CL604/5 and CL850 49k/yr. GLEX 52k/yr. 4/Nov/11
FO base Fleet specific: LR60 36k/yr. CL604/5 and CL850 39k/yr. GlobalXRS 42k/yr.

But as said this is from nov 2011, so I'm not sure if this is still valid.

It also says 17/13 as a schedule, not sure if this is valid either.

SOAB

specialbrew
26th Feb 2015, 09:17
SOAB

If those figures are GBP, then they are pretty poor... if they are EUR then they are disgraceful!

Wonder if current salaries are any different....I doubt it.

Son of a Beech
26th Feb 2015, 10:17
The could also be USD in which case Im going to start a Mac Donald's.

I guess they are EUR since in 2011 Vista was not a big global player yet, I howe also they increased the salaries since they became a global player

papazulu
26th Feb 2015, 11:57
EUR they were, at least in early 2013. And those figures were confirmed during their recruitment venues, so...your call I guess.

A former colleague and recent joiner on the GLEX's fleet was impressed with the level of organisation and the smoothness of the indoctrination process in Malta.

I can't argue with the salary but there is much worse out there, trust me!

PZ

Tray Surfer
26th Feb 2015, 13:51
Does anyone know what their FA salary is?

Not that they hire men, but I am just interested.

Iver
4th May 2015, 18:36
What's the latest on hiring at VJ? For the latest recruits on the Global and CL350s, what has been the typical background in terms of experience and ratings? Appreciate any update.

Cheers

ICEHOUSES
6th May 2015, 10:04
Anyone know the routes flown by a Global FO new to the company?

PURPLE PITOT
6th May 2015, 10:41
From wherever the client is, to wherever they want to go. It's called a Global Express for a reason!

Booglebox
6th May 2015, 14:04
TS: they might do, for some religious types / husbands with jealous wives etc.

I have a friend that got hired on the CL605 with Vista a couple of years ago. I think he was/is bonded.

drag king
17th May 2015, 20:51
Their recruitment drive is open again, all fleets.

Looking for Capts as well as FOs, it has type-rated stamped all over but I know for a fact that in the past that was not always the case. I wonder whether they will stick on their guns this time...

Perhaps RedTree could give us a clue...

DK ;)

Iver
18th May 2015, 18:20
I read that even the CL350 has a flight attendant (unlike Netjets Europe for an aircraft of that size).

Is the PPJN info current or wildly out of date in terms of salary and schedule:

VistaJet pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/VistaJet)

And how soon will we see the geriatric CL850s leave? I realise they are relative cheap with a lot of cabin space but their performance has got to be anemic in the summer.

Cheers for any update!

Globally Challenged
18th May 2015, 22:09
CL350 is 80k euros for captain plus 30 euros per diem .... :ok:

Good luck with that!

I get more than that in the RHS of a CL30 and work MUCH less than Vista do.

EatMyShorts!
19th May 2015, 13:02
I read that even the CL350 has a flight attendant (unlike Netjets Europe for an aircraft of that size). Not true. NJE offers its owners contracts either with OR without a cabin service representative.

CL300
19th May 2015, 13:36
does it mean that the CSR ( they are not F/A anymore ?) is flown or ferried in/out at will ?

Delta12
20th May 2015, 08:51
It is still a disgusting company... RyanAir of business Aviation

Shame on them !

papazulu
20th May 2015, 09:08
It is still a disgusting company... RyanAir of business Aviation

Gents, do you mind me asking a question?

If you were unemployed and/or career stuck on a type/base that makes your life miserable, ageing fast and with a pile of PFOs in your Inbox...what would you do?

Wait and networking because your time WILL come? P2F...SSTR...Vistajet...or what?

Here is a company that may or may not hire someone without a TR, bond you for x-years and (yes) pay you little while working you very hard while your career becomes suddenly unstuck. You may even find yourself floating comfortably on year x+1.

I flew with few very smart and capable chaps, they were all locals to the ops, willing to sweat buckets and stay on a small type which offered them a more challenging type of flying and a lot less money but when they asked to be bonded for the TR they were told "...company cannot afford it, it's on your tab..." and guess what? Off the went to the notorious Irish (cheap) carrier.

Because at the end IT MADE SENSE financially and (perhaps) on the long run even socially.

You lot can bash RYR, VJ and everyone else till you turn blue in the face but I have learnt that nobody is whiter than white, so to those applying I say grab VJ opportunity if it is presented to you and there is no other option.

Hope this goes back on track quickly, with fresh and useful news on VJ...

Regards

PZ :)

lssp
20th May 2015, 14:56
That's exactly why the business is what it is. Inexperienced people who accept any type of conditions to fly.
The pilots who apply for ex VJ won't be the really qualified pilots with good experience etc. Maybe they apply but for sure they will not take the deal they're offering atm.
Can't see why a CL605 TR rated guy with experience apply for a FO position with 3000€ net pay per diems included, malta base, no travelgate, no vac, ALOT of work etc. Either BD700 or CL850 for that matter.
Though I like VJs business model too bad they have these bad conditions.
The conditions above is fresh news btw
If you can prove me wrong please do so..

papazulu
20th May 2015, 15:16
If you can prove me wrong please do so..

No one can, of course. But that does not mean you are 100% right.

The right answer is the one that provides you a break into the corporate aviation industry. If everyone could put down how they made it, I think it will be hard if not impossible to find two stories sounding more or less the same.

VJ mince no words about their T&Cs so there is no deception nor obligation and that's enough in my book. Blaming others for the world being what it is a practice that takes nowhere. In the past I was hard-nosed against SSTR (and I still am to some extent, together with P2F) but now, 10 years down the line, I think I simply don't have the guts for it so I have nobody else but myself to blame.

Do I feel better because I haven't chipped in ruining the industry?

Hell, NO! I paid my 1st TR on a crappy TP on a bond, it kept me afloat when the world economy collapsed but that was it. T&Cs were mere subsistence but I am still grateful I accepted them otherwise I would still be flying SEPs as FI. Couple of other FIs and former colleague got RYR and now fly for the likes of EK, QA, own house etc, etc.

Everything needs to be put into prospective, I guess. But feel free to flame me, altogether we won't stop anything anyway...

Safe flying chaps!

EatMyShorts!
20th May 2015, 16:22
does it mean that the CSR ( they are not F/A anymore ?) is flown or ferried in/out at will ? You are thinking too complicated. They will be inflated/deflated before/after such a flight. :ugh: :p

CL300
20th May 2015, 19:56
what a relief...Finally these inflatable things are worth something at last !

MikeAlphaBravo
21st May 2015, 05:03
Are all new positions in VJ Malta based then? The most appealing thing to me about this job was you could live where you want and commute on a fixed roster. Is this no longer the case?

733driver
21st May 2015, 07:12
Sorry, I cannot agree with you, papazulu. In the past there were ****ty jobs at small bottom feeder companies that you would take to move up to the better jobs at the bigger places.

However, Ryanair and VistaJet are big companies. And their ****ty terms and conditions are dragging those at the better places down.

OK, some, even many, pilots have made the jump from Ryanair (for example) to airlines in the Middle East. Do these guys want to spend their entire working lifes there? Didn't think so. But, what are they gonna do when they want to come back? Join BA as the most junior FO after having been a wide body captain for years?

Too often those ****ty jobs are one way streets my friends, not stepping stones.

I would rather fly a Citation for an appropriate salary than fly a Challenger for Citation money for example. I don't want to be an active part in that bloody race to the bottom.

papazulu
21st May 2015, 09:03
Well, u said it yourself 733driver:

In the past there were ****ty jobs at small bottom feeder companies that you would take to move up to the better jobs at the bigger places.

What do u do if those jobs aren't there anymore and those operations have evaporated? I can quote an example of a buccaneer-outfit just across the RWY where I did my ATPL/FI etc....u would had paid him for a CJ TR and the u would had flown at the drop of the hat, shared a room in a 2 stars hotel etc,ect. But JAA killed many of those flies, mate.

Times have changed and here we go with the likes of RYR. Don't u think I am as unhappy as u about it?
Trust me, it is not about the kit I play with anymore, for me. It is more about setting off to a better future and an happier lifestyle.

Maybe RYR or VJ aren't a destination but just a stage of the journey...

flyingmed
22nd May 2015, 10:28
I see Vistajet currently have vacancies for TR captains on both Global Express and the Challenger 350. Does anybody know whether they are willing to hire non type rated with a suitable bond? I sincerely hope to get in to this company in the not too distant future. Seems like a great place to work.

I checked this too but for the rated first officers job. I also would be interested in a bond as I am non rated. Got well over the minimums but they didnt respond to my query asking about it.

drag king
26th May 2015, 19:34
Has anywhere heard from them?

Their ads on the usual websites ask for a given number of docs to be sent before the application can be processed but their online system asks just to fill boxes and attach CV, refs and pic. It there an automated confirmation email supposed to be received or what?

Rgds

DK :ok:

CL300
28th May 2015, 06:20
VistaJet Completes $300 Million Offering
VistaJet completed a $300 million offering of unsecured notes that will help fund its aircraft acquisition activities and expansion plans. The offering, completed through VistaJet subsidiaries VistaJet Malta Finance plc and VistaJet Co. Finance llc, involves 7.750-percent senior unsecured notes due 2020. In concert with its offering, VistaJet obtained corporate credit ratings of B+/Stable from Standard & Poors and B/Stable from Fitch.

"As a first-time issuer, we are very pleased with the demand and support for this offering, which to our knowledge is the first ever unsecured U.S. dollar bond in private aviation,” said founder and chairman Thomas Flohr.

The offering comes as VistaJet moves on plans to expand globally. The company added 10 aircraft to its fleet in the first quarter, is launching its Chinese operation and is in the midst of nearly doubling its U.S. fleet this year. The company recently retired its last Learjet as it builds up its all-Challenger and Global fleet. VistaJet will use the funds from the offering for aircraft acquisition and general corporate purposes, the company said.

Denim and leather
28th May 2015, 08:49
"Love them, leave them" :)

Son of a Beech
1st Jul 2015, 22:23
CL350 is 80k euros for captain plus 30 euros per diem ....

Is this a salary based on a Malta contract or offshore? And is this a start salary for a new captain or do you know if they give higher start salaries to more experienced or older captains.

Cheers,

SOAB

Deep and fast
1st Jul 2015, 23:47
30€ wouldn't get you a cheese sandwich where I am right now!

As for the salary, 2 points of view, 1 they fund you a global rating which you might get a plum private owner job later. Or 2, it's just rubbish and out of the euro zone unlikely to be able to pay your mortgage.

Either way there are better options.

Guys in some companies able to put 5k away each month so be choosy who you be a slave for.

Son of a Beech
7th Jul 2015, 07:08
Does anybody know how the job interview with VJ goes?

teobull
4th Sep 2015, 17:14
Hi, just been invited to phone interview.

MineDog
4th Sep 2015, 22:45
Same here, invited for phone interview.

Can anyone from within confirm VJ still offers their crew the 17on/13off deal?
Some confusion about this issue here.
This might be a determining factor for me...

Son of a Beech
5th Sep 2015, 08:56
The basic schedule is 17-13 but they can ask for an extra day at the beginning or the end making it 19-11.

You will have to do up to 20 training days in your free days.

Work on free days is payed per quarter and per year up to 600 euros a day for captains. They pay for 12 of the 20 training days.

teobull
5th Sep 2015, 09:08
Can anyone shed some light in the phone interview?

Iver
8th Sep 2015, 23:35
How do they determine fleet placement? I assume the Global is the preferred fleet for most applicants. Are there any downsides to the Global fleet other than some inevitable jet lag?

11c
16th Sep 2015, 00:13
17 on / 13 off. Fixed. Occasionally start a day early / home a day late. More likely is home a day early. LPC/OPC/CRM on days off. And 3 days a year where the company flies you to London or Malta for Strategy Day madness. Either work Christmas or new year, alternating.

Day off payments for extra days worked per quarter and per annum. There is a maximum number of training days paid, but essentially only a factor if you're on a company funded type rating.

Many gateways available / negotiable -- must be cost effective and workable with social security etc.

Proven business model, job security, variety of crew and customers, friendly office, lots of flying.

Those wages someone posted look nearly accurate. 'Base' is until 6 months after FLC, then 'Top'. Up to 3% performance bonus. Loss of licence insurance. Bonus payment every 5yrs. Uniform, vaccinations, licence, medical, etc paid.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Mintraman
27th Oct 2015, 18:27
11c, thanks for the info mate.

Could you tell me about FO and capt salary?

How long do you normally wait before getting a call for assessment? I applied on line a few months ago and no news (good news?) ?

Do you get an email to confirm your application has been sent successfully?

Othpa
31st Dec 2015, 10:26
Hi ,

hope you have passed your assessment with VJ... I will have my assessment with VJ very soon... I have already passed the phone interview.

Now I´m looking to get some more details about the second stage. Maybe someone of you has joined the interview already and can give me some informations about the written test, face 2 face interview and the simulator???

would be highly appreciated and I would be very thankful!!!

If you have any informations just send me a private mail or post it here

Thanks a lot

Rheuma-Kai
11th Jan 2016, 14:36
Will have my phone interview soon.
Appreciate any info.

Thanks!

xlae4
14th Jan 2016, 07:18
Hi,
I am invited for the phone interview. Anyone to shed some light on, greatly appreciated.

Flash19
28th Jan 2016, 11:22
Hi guys,
anyone went to the second stage of their selection process? Any infos?
Thanks

Flash19
29th Jan 2016, 14:18
Hi DJ,
just went trough the phone interview and been invited for the second stage. You'll basically have to speak about yourself and then they'll introduce you the company system.
Quite an interesting talk.
I'm looking for someone that can tell me what is the next step all about...
Best of luck

triple_2
30th Jan 2016, 15:46
Hi guys. Just for my knowledge, the ones getting interviews are type rated? I am trying to get in with 5500 hours but untyped and mostly airline..

Lucky8888
31st Jan 2016, 01:15
lDY9R43VI8c

Globally Challenged
31st Jan 2016, 04:04
TR is no guarantee.

I was current with 1200 hours on the CL30 and got the PFO.

triple_2
31st Jan 2016, 05:45
TR is no guarantee.

I was current with 1200 hours on the CL30 and got the PFO.

Thanks for that. So they do send pfo's, good to know. Cheers

Globally Challenged
31st Jan 2016, 07:19
They do - but it was something like 6-8 weeks after I applied (I don't recall which as I had long since secured something else / better :ok: )

pipposky
1st Feb 2016, 10:00
Hi Flash19,
I'm going to perform my phone interview this week.
Can you confirm that the phone interview is just a normal conversation and nothing in particoular? Did they tell you immediately about second stage? If yes, where you should attend it?
Thank you very much and good luck. :)

Joons31
1st Feb 2016, 15:25
Anybody recently had the phone interview and can light up what to expect?

Flash19
1st Feb 2016, 19:47
Hi pipposky,
nothing particular and nothing technical. I just spoke about my working history and he spoke about Vista.
Really cool and straightforward. The second stage is in Berlino and they'll let you know by mail.
Did anybody go to the second stage and would like to share his/her experience?

Cheers

alkor
2nd Feb 2016, 09:12
A question to all of you who got a phone interview; Do you all have eng lvl 6?

Cheers,
a

Joons31
2nd Feb 2016, 10:09
I have Lvl 5 , no TR for the fleet.

alkor
2nd Feb 2016, 12:11
Joons31 thanks a lot.

Good luck.
A

duncanidaho50
2nd Feb 2016, 15:28
Hi everyone!
I'm wondering for the people who got the call what is your experience?

Goodluck to u all all and thanks

space-shuttle-driver
3rd Feb 2016, 08:08
I have 7700h TT, 4500 jet and 2800 in a type they operate. I got the PFO.

Joons31
4th Feb 2016, 10:03
No Rating for a Vista fleet Aircraft, about 1200TT and 350 Business Jet.

lssp
4th Feb 2016, 15:16
So what's the deal these days? Still ****?

duncanidaho50
5th Feb 2016, 16:13
Thanks for the replys
Anyone here been with them for a while? If so? Are you happy?
thanks

pipposky
5th Feb 2016, 16:28
Hello every body,
Just finished my phone interview.
When they will send the email regarding today's interview?
Anyone know about second stage? What will be about?

Thank you all.:O:ok:

Joons31
5th Feb 2016, 17:00
Anybody has an idea about the assessment in Berlin ?

Globally Challenged
6th Feb 2016, 03:20
Probably it's just sour grapes on my part - but my theory is that given the package is amongst the worst in the world for flying similar types, Vista prefer non-rated applicants that they can bond rather than rated guys who are treading water till something better comes up (I know 2 of their guys in this position) to save wasting money on OPCs / Sim / general training costs.

But then I'm cynical like that 😝

The package on PPJN is accurate I'm told.

dnx
7th Feb 2016, 09:19
@pipposky.
Yep. been there for 4 years. Saw steady improvements over time. Still more needed but they will get there. It's a very different niche market and totally unlike anything I've done before (35yrs in aviation). Having grown from a small Austrian/German company into a Global operator with 56+ aircraft causes a steep learning curve. Unhelpful EU-OPS regulations and dealing with 140 different NAA's is no easy task. On the whole the crews I fly and deal with are OK guys and gals doing their best in challenging conditions and circumstances. Malta office is helpful in organizing things but in the end it will be up to the crew, somewhere many timezones and cultures away to make things work.
In the end Vistajet will be what you want it to be. Good if you're willing to do the extra bit and stand up for what's right. Usually they listen. Bad if what you want is an airline job with everything taken care of and looked after. It's up to you!:roll eyes:

LiveTheAdventure
14th Feb 2016, 04:08
Hi all,

I am considering applying.

Here is the starting payscale as per pilotsjobnetwork late 2015.

Could anyone from experience please confirm these figures?

Capt base--84000 for challenger fleet. 94000 for global fleet

FO base-- 45000 for challenger fleet. 48000 for global fleet

Duty Pay-- €33-€65 per duty

Also could somebody please shed a light on the taxation, What should a starting FO expect to take home after tax per month.

Could anybody confirm whether Dublin is a VistaJet Gateway airport?

Any first hand info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

LTA

Empty Cruise
14th Feb 2016, 17:01
Capt. numbers are correct - before any add-ons. Not sure about FO numbers...

DUB is a gateway...

LiveTheAdventure
14th Feb 2016, 17:56
Thank you for the info. :ok:

meger5
27th Feb 2016, 09:38
Hey all

I'm a rated CL30 hold both FAA & EASA.
Applied 12th January and I've heard nothing except to re-submit application.
Anyone else in the same boat ?

Cheers

dirk85
27th Feb 2016, 10:21
They are hiring a lot of non rated pilots as far as I know, these last weeks.

They probably try to retain people with the bond they have, I see no other reason.

triple_2
27th Feb 2016, 11:36
Same here 5500 hours 5000 airbus with two years airbus corporate jet experience. Nothing heard except the re-apply mail..

meger5
27th Feb 2016, 12:42
Strange, in their advert last month they specifically requested typed guys !

papazulu
1st Mar 2016, 13:10
Strange, in their advert last month they specifically requested typed guys !

Speaking from old-ihs experience, they have advertised TR-ONLY and hired whoever they wanted for years now, no real standard practice despite what the ad has to say.

PZ :cool:

TugaFly
16th Jan 2017, 13:37
Any news on recruitment?

Empty Cruise
17th Jan 2017, 08:49
Expect v low numbers recruited over the next 2 years - consolidation-time...

TugaFly
1st Mar 2017, 18:22
Recruitment opened again yesterday, any info on the assessment process?

Thanks

Delta12
8th Mar 2017, 15:50
Why bother applying ? T&C are **** and so is the rest of the company.

Only thing good there is the Pilot workforce, which seems to be true in all the ****ty outfits :ugh:

MikeeeA320
24th Sep 2017, 14:10
Hi all,

Any updates from Vista? A friend of mine applied there now as F/A and its really hard to find some new fresh information.
Anybody has some more info about them.
What we found is they do 17/13 rosters but you stay sometimes longer due to ops needs. Hotels are just low class to average what I heard and in general lots of working. Thanks if you have some more info. Its really appreciated!

Rgds Mike

dan1165
24th Sep 2017, 18:30
Company is like hotels... Low class :}

MikeeeA320
24th Sep 2017, 19:13
Company is like hotels... Low class :}

Thanks Dan,
you have a tiny bit more info?
As I said its really tough to get more recent info as most is from 2014&2015.

Thx

Globally Challenged
25th Sep 2017, 12:42
Do they still give the crew a €30 allowance for crew meals for the 3 of them for the whole tour?

Who doesn't love instant noodles?

bizjetdriver
25th Sep 2017, 13:14
Do they still give the crew a €30 allowance for crew meals for the 3 of them for the whole tour?

If you're referring to the "crew box" kept onboard, then yes. But that's really just to be packed with "emergency" items in case we're really stuck.

In reality, we get crew meals thrown in as standard from quite a few of our main catering suppliers. Plus daily per diems for each crew member, depending on contract and location, but average around £35-40 per day.

What we found is they do 17/13 rosters but you stay sometimes longer due to ops needs.

17/13 correct. Travel on Day 1 and Day 17 so 15 days flying in between. Once in the last 12 months been asked to extend one day at the end of rotation. However, quite often get home one day early provided the replacement crew member has arrived. Also some times on standby at home, full pay but no per diems.

Hotels are just low class to average what I heard and in general lots of working.

Except for minor cities without chain hotels, the lowest class is normally Holiday Inn or equivalent (and I've seen even the likes of Netjets, and Emirates, are staying in Holiday Inn's these days....). Quite often Hilton/Radisson Blu, sometimes even better if you get lucky.

farmer jo
25th Sep 2017, 14:05
A majority of the CH are from Emirates ,Etihad,and some from Qatar/Qatari Royal Flight - They are well trained and great to work with !
Normally you do your 17 days and then fly home (to be home on the 17th day) very rarely do you have to extend, then only if you want or agree to?
You do work very hard on all the fleets especially the Globals (30+ Globals), and the hotels do vary. Last rotation I did We stayed in Marriot (Marina del Ray), Crowne Plaza (Dubai), Omni Reorts (Boston), Marriot (Mumbai) - they are not that shabby really ?

bizjetdriver
25th Sep 2017, 16:47
A majority of the CH are from Emirates ,Etihad,and some from Qatar/Qatari Royal Flight - They are well trained and great to work with !
Normally you do your 17 days and then fly home (to be home on the 17th day) very rarely do you have to extend, then only if you want or agree to?
You do work very hard on all the fleets especially the Globals (30+ Globals), and the hotels do vary. Last rotation I did We stayed in Marriot (Marina del Ray), Crowne Plaza (Dubai), Omni Reorts (Boston), Marriot (Mumbai) - they are not that shabby really ?

Can agree with all of the above. Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Marriott etc seems to be fairly standard these days. Holiday Inn or NH Hotels in Europe is about as bad as it gets. Except Olbia in the middle of July when every other hotel is sold out - you could end up anywhere from a guesthouse to a 5* beach resort!

In 17 days expect to be flying on 13-14 of those - but you wanted this job to fly, not to sit around in hotels on standby, right....? Seems there are some on this thread hellbent on saying something negative whereas I think reality on the line is quite different.

The only thing worth mentioning outside of the "normal" roster is the compulsory CRM, company strategy day and (for flight crew) OPC/LPC's which are during your 13 days off spread throughout the year and normally take up 2-3 days at a time. A bit of a pain in the @rse but the company are fairly good at telling you a long way in advance which months to keep free, so that you at least stand a chance of planning home life in the rest of your 13 day blocks. Much better than my previous company which advertised 6 on 4 off but in reality expected us to be available pretty much the entire time whether you liked it or not.

dirk85
28th Sep 2017, 20:53
Vistajet works well for all the austrian guys for a simple reason: due to a loophole in the malta/austria tax agreements they can get away without paying any income taxes.
This way what would normally be a well below average salary becomes all in a sudden acceptable.

How long that will last, nobody knows.

Trim Stab
28th Sep 2017, 21:22
Vistajet works well for all the austrian guys for a simple reason: due to a loophole in the malta/austria tax agreements they can get away without paying any income taxes.
This way what would normally be a well below average salary becomes all in a sudden acceptable.

How long that will last, nobody knows.

Yes, there has been a strange black hole in Austria/Malta tax agreements for some years, not just for crew salaries but also for aircraft sales.

papazulu
30th Sep 2017, 22:27
The only thing worth mentioning outside of the "normal" roster is the compulsory CRM, company strategy day and (for flight crew) OPC/LPC's which are during your 13 days off spread throughout the year and normally take up 2-3 days at a time. A bit of a pain in the @rse but the company are fairly good at telling you a long way in advance which months to keep free, so that you at least stand a chance of planning home life in the rest of your 13 day blocks. Much better than my previous company which advertised 6 on 4 off but in reality expected us to be available pretty much the entire time whether you liked it or not.

Can you tell us something up-to-date re. salaries, per diem, hours/month, etc for both seats in VJ, pal? Or are the figures on PPJN still realistic?

Happy landings

PZ

bizjetdriver
1st Oct 2017, 18:04
Can you tell us something up-to-date re. salaries, per diem, hours/month, etc for both seats in VJ, pal? Or are the figures on PPJN still realistic?

Happy landings

PZ

I can confirm that the payscale in PPJN is fairly accurate. However, on a UK contract you are paid at a fixed exchange rate (reviewed twice per year) plus your per diems on top (17 x £35 per day on a UK contract if you fly a whole rotation) and so those EUR figures actually translate to approx the same in GBP as a gross salary. EU bases it's a variable per diem but averages about the same by the end of the month. Ok you need to feed yourself etc but that's the same in any job - and hotel breakfast is normally included plus crew meals from certain airports. Hours wise, I'd say somewhere between 400-500 a year is probably about right. Medicals and basic loss of license insurance paid for by the company, with voluntary top-ups to the insurance if you wish.

Boabity
1st Oct 2017, 19:19
The numbers have not changed.

dnx
2nd Oct 2017, 08:48
Lots of "facts" spewed here are utter nonsense. Don't know if that is deliberate or ignorance.
I've been around the block a few times working in very different sectors of aviation as a pilot. Worked for some OK companies as well as for some awful outfits.
Vistajet is neither of those but if I had to categorize them I would put them closer to the first category. Every company has +'s and -'s. So does VistaJet but in my opinion the +'s outweigh the -'s by a good amount.
If anybody is seriously interested in facts about VistaJet rather then innuendo feel free to PM me. I work there for 5 years now and plan to do so for at least a few more.

ABO944
27th Oct 2017, 19:42
Hi folks

Are Vistajet actually recruiting at the moment?

I was wondering if they’d be interested in a current turboprop Captain for a UK regional outfit? Or do they prefer Jet / Bizjet experience?

And what are the chances of direct entry command? That would be nice of course, but totally accept it may be a steep learning curve and would absolutely be fine with the right seat.

Any answers on the above would be fab - thanks in advance!

Abo944 👊🏼

Hawker 800
28th Oct 2017, 08:26
Hi folks

Are Vistajet actually recruiting at the moment?

I was wondering if they’d be interested in a current turboprop Captain for a UK regional outfit? Or do they prefer Jet / Bizjet experience?

And what are the chances of direct entry command? That would be nice of course, but totally accept it may be a steep learning curve and would absolutely be fine with the right seat.

Any answers on the above would be fab - thanks in advance!

Abo944 👊🏼

Absolutely zero chance as a Captain, and they prefer bizjet time over airline. They’ve employed many ex airline guys before though.

They also wouldn’t put a TP Captain straight to left seat of a jet.

RAFAT
29th Oct 2017, 01:57
I went left seat turboprop to left seat bizjet - no big deal. It was the easiest and most relaxed type rating I've ever done, and dare I say easier than some renewals.

Hawker 800
29th Oct 2017, 07:54
I went left seat turboprop to left seat bizjet - no big deal. It was the easiest and most relaxed type rating I've ever done, and dare I say easier than some renewals.

Not with Vistajet i’ll bet you didn’t. They just don’t do that.

FlyTCI
29th Oct 2017, 11:45
Going left seat of a TP to a left seat in a jet is one thing, but going from left seat of a regional anything (jet or TP) to an operation operating world wide where you can get sent to any corner of the world with little to no notice is a completely different animal. You don't just learn the local tricks and procedures world wide flying entails over night.

RAFAT
29th Oct 2017, 19:02
Not with Vistajet i’ll bet you didn’t. They just don’t do that.

No it wasn't.

191sos
10th Mar 2018, 11:42
Hello everybody,

Does anyone know if there is any recruitment coming up soon?

mr_incredable
13th Mar 2018, 14:04
From what I hear, things are pretty stable on the European side, any recruitment is probably to fill hold pool positions, but maybe some hiring on the US side, through Jet Aviation. Of course this can always change!

No VNAV
8th May 2018, 12:27
Could any current pilots please shed some light on how things are on the C850 fleet ? Average hours per year, typical routes etc. Is VistaJet intending to keep them going and recruit onto it?

Thank you.

CaptainProp
9th May 2018, 11:59
Not sure this is correct but apparently completely stopped taking on DECs.

CP