PDA

View Full Version : BMI baby at LHR?

Lunar at home
5th Jun 2002, 13:46
Just curious as to know why a BMI baby was seen at LHR on the 4th June. Is it a new route, or was it some kind of mandatory landing?

Smooth skies,

Dan :)

Lunar at home
5th Jun 2002, 14:22
Virgin blue..not BMI baby....Apparently virign blue fly in Oz...Is this correct? If so, again, why at LHR?

Smooth skies,

Dan:)

leonbrumsack
5th Jun 2002, 14:53
I have just remembered something I have been meaning to ask for a while. As far as I know, BMIbaby only fly out of EMA in the UK. However, many newspapers have been doing fare comparisons lately comparing the low cost airlines to the 'traditional' airlines, and BMIbaby has frequently been mentioned as one of the low cost airlines which files out of LHR! Are the papers just confused, getting BMI muddled up with BMIbaby?

G-INGER Roger
11th Jun 2002, 21:20
Virgin-Blue used several Virgin-Express (Brussels Based LCC with suspiciously similar livery) aircraft when they started up, while VEX restructured. I think they have now replaced them with 737NG and have returned the aircraft to BRU.

Exotic-Temptress
26th Jun 2002, 10:24
I would agree with Roger.

Virgin have returned many of their 400's to BRU and have replaced them with the NG's. Yes, a fellow cabin crew had spotted one whilst travelling and quieried the same.

I think Virgin-Express might still be operating them whilst having Virgin Blue writing.