PDA

View Full Version : TRI also MCCI?

75W
1st Feb 2015, 21:56
Hi guys,

can a TRI(MP) act as MCCI without having done the MCCI rating?
Thanks

75W

nick14
2nd Feb 2015, 04:44
You don't need to as the TRI privileges include training for the MCC.

75W
2nd Feb 2015, 10:25
Thanks Nick.

75W

27 L
5th Jan 2017, 14:39
Hi folks,

Does anyone have a reference for that please? I've had a look in Part FCL, but I can't find a reference saying that TRI (or a TRE) includes MCCI privileges.

Secondly, if the TRI does include the MCCI rights, do I have to get a MCCI rating added to my licence off the back for the TRi/TRE to exercise it?

Many thanks in advance.

BillieBob
5th Jan 2017, 15:12
FCL.905.TRI TRI - Privileges and conditions
The privileges of a TRI are to instruct for:
(a) ...
(b) ...
(c) ...
(d) In the case of the TRI for multi-pilot aeroplanes:
(1) ...
(2) MCC training

27 L
5th Jan 2017, 19:50
Great, many thanks BB.

I presume then that a TRI holder does not have to do anything, incl getting any extra bit of paper added to their licence before commenting MCCI work then?

Thanks

hueyracer
6th Jan 2017, 05:27
No.

Your RATING is in your license.
The PRIVILEGES of your ratings are written down in Part FCL.

I always recommend saving a copy of the Part FCL on your hard drive from the year you received the rating........happened in the change from JAR to EASA that some privileges were "lost"-and afterwards the CAA said "No, it has never been like that"....then it helps to show them a copy...

dick badcock
12th Dec 2017, 15:53
Sorry for resurrecting an oldish thread. I came across it doing a google search on converting a TRI rating to an MCCI rating.

If anyone could help, or at least give me some references that would be great.

So, my story in short. I gained my TRI back in 2011, on a heavy multi-crew jet. It was extended once by experience, in 2014 and was valid until the end of Oct this year. Whilst holding a TRI, I also did some MCCI work on my days off at home for a different ATO, starting in 2012. So I have worked as an MCCI for 5 years on the back of my TRI.

In my company the TRI term is limited so that others can have a go as well. It is in relation to this I have a query;

What do you need to do to convert the TRI to an MCCI?
I am in dialogue with the CAA and they are telling me;
1. I need to complete the relevant parts of an MCCI course in order to get an MCCI rating.
2. As a TRI holder (when I applied back in Sep) they will give me credit for 25 hours theory FCL.930.MCCI (a) (1) and (b)
3. The relevant parts are i) technical instruction in the FSTD ii) a 3-hour observation session by a nominated instructor. FCL.930.MCCI (a) (2) and (3) refers.

Finally, the CAA said that my TRI only allowed me to teach MCC on my type, not on the BE-200 which the FSTD is configured as for the MCC course. I don't believe that for a second; there is no type training involved with an MCC course, unless of course it forms part of a type rating. Which it definetly doesn't do at the ATO in question.

Anyone have any tips or ideas? Better yet, anyone done this conversion? I would imagine it would apply to anyone who stops acting as a TRI (retires, change of seat and/or type) and still wants to work as an MCCI.

As an aside, I was checked out on the BE-200 configured FTSD back in 2012 as well as flying an observation session as well before the signed me up as a contractor. So items above have been done. The only problem is that the ATO doesn't have authorisation to run MCCI courses! But should that matter!? I've already instructed there for 5 years. Nothing has changed other than my TRI expired in end of Oct...

Appreciate any replies...

DB