PDA

View Full Version : Qatari A350 Pilots?

Kurtis Chukle Willis
1st Feb 2015, 03:29
Disclosure.......Converting to A350 shortly.

First impressions of the A350?

After all the Airbus marketing blah blah blah. What is it really like?

Good points and bad points, what are they?

And what's the cockpit crew bunk like? Can you hear noise from the galley below? Comfortable, quiet, dark?

Any other observations to share?

Appreciate any input.

Thanks.

light and variable
1st Feb 2015, 06:20
Well it's an aeroplane, has two engines two wings etc. Flies from A to B. Will have a nice new-Renault smell. And you get paid to sit at the pointy end.

a318319320
2nd Feb 2015, 13:28
very helpful.

light and variable
3rd Feb 2015, 05:02
Sorry, was the absurdity of the post which lowered me to it. This one is about to fly the latest thing, for Qatar Airways, and be based in Doha - and is asking about noise the quality of the rest bunk & noise from the galley!!!

Either completely out to lunch or just a total show off .

CDRW
3rd Feb 2015, 05:23
Heard a comment whilst driving past a A350 a few days ago.

At long last Airbus have produced a Boeing

and going past a 787 a short while later

At long last Boeing has produced and Airbus

The Rage
3rd Feb 2015, 06:36
Any idea if DECs with Airbus WB time hired direct on to the A350?

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Eau de Boeing
3rd Feb 2015, 07:41
Having only experience of the "Airbus" 350 I cannot comment on the bunk etc however in terms of operating it, I think it is the best designed airbus yet, which you would kind of hope would be the case!

If you are coming from the 330, the cockpit layout will be very different and you will spend a while looking for everything, if you come from the 380 it will be a very easy course.

Things like ANF, BTV and the HUD are very well designed, intuitive and will make your life a lot easier after many hours in the seat and the screens will look like your first widescreen TV.

Anyway apologies for thread drift back to Airbus producing a fireproof 787....:ugh:

Am NOT Sure
3rd Feb 2015, 10:03
I agree with light and variable

The content of the message suggest "show off"

The glamour will fade in no more than 90 days

donpizmeov
3rd Feb 2015, 10:19
I don't know am not sure, he didn't piss off the colleges of a company he is about to join, nor did he remove his post. Seems he is doing better than some on this forum.

Kurtis Chukle Willis
4th Feb 2015, 02:06
Not trying to show off! Really? And not joining Qatar or have any plan to. Different carrier different part of the world. You guys are just the first to fly the thing. Been flying the 330/340 for the last few years after a long while on 777/744.... and was curious if Airbus had produced an aircraft that was comparible interms of crew comfort. Thanks for all the useful replies.

Mr Angry from Purley
4th Feb 2015, 06:43
Kurtis - one - the smart replies - nil 😣

tom330
5th Feb 2015, 11:42
I think the cockpit will be more pleasing that the old 330's we have... More specious i've heard, lucky guys at Qatari.... wish EK had 'em