PDA

View Full Version : EK Stick Time

lowstandard
31st Jan 2015, 07:26
Trolling through the various threads I have noticed a few people mentioning a change to flight time calculation at EK. It seems to validate what I've been told as well.

My source tells me that EK is pushing for only stick time that will count towards your flight time. So basically if your operating any sector with augmenting crew, you only get time credit for being in the seat.

I think there will be an FCI defining the new procedure as Royally Augmented.

SOPS
31st Jan 2015, 07:37
So that is how they are going to try and do it.

kingpost
31st Jan 2015, 07:51
The CARS refer to block time only so I'm not sure how they'll get that one right! But there again, they do get "indirect" aid!

scandistralian
31st Jan 2015, 08:25
If you are operating a flight with augmenting crew, 100% of block time counts as stick time. During ops as augmenting crew, only time spent in the seat as reported in the VR counts towards stick time.

If you want to keep track of block vs. stick time, take a look at the formatting of the new flight time report, there are separate fields for block and stick time. Going forward, how this will be applied in terms of FTLs is anyone's guess.

falconeasydriver
31st Jan 2015, 11:16
Goodluck to them trying to be EASA a compliant with that interpretation :}

nolimitholdem
31st Jan 2015, 17:38
Who cares. The only question you should be asking about how flight time is interpreted is

-How does Korean Airlines view it?
-How does China Southern view it?
-How does JAL view it?
-How does Vietnam Airlines view it?
-How does Asiana view it?
-How does Norwegian Long Haul view it?
-How do the US majors view it?

...etc

Get your time, get out. Rats, sinking ships, yadada :ok:

Curry Goat
1st Feb 2015, 02:00
The OMA is clear regarding the FTLs. Only time in the seat is applied towards the 100 & 900hr limits. For example, I did 4 ULRs within a 28 day period (overlapping into another calendar month), all of which I was the operating captain one of the legs. Using Scandistralian's interpretation, I would have exceeded the 100hrs in that period. Not how the OMA states it, nor how the company interprets it, unfortunately. :rolleyes: