PDA

View Full Version : Vacation / Holiday days & Rest periods

multis81
27th Jan 2015, 13:08
Hi All,

In Europe, operating under EU-OPS, flying commercial Short Haul, Can a company use my vacation / holiday days in terms of a rest period prior to a duty?

For example: on holiday between 01 - 07 of Month, inclusive. Can I be given a duty at 0100 on 08 of Month, and the company insist that I use my last vacation day to be in rest or does the company need to give me a 12 hour rest period on 'their time' so the earliest report should in theory be 1200?

Thanks in advance

dusk2dawn
27th Jan 2015, 18:40
OPS does not care why you are off-duty. Your question is entirely up to to what is in your local agreement.

dixi188
29th Jan 2015, 08:46
IIRC (2.5 years ago). The earliest report after a day off was 0600, otherwise the previous day was not a day off.
A day off is a day off regardless of whether it is leave/hols, sick or just a rest day.

Denti
29th Jan 2015, 11:11
There is a definition of a single day off which includes two local nights (8 hours between 22:00 and 08:00) which would equate to an earliest 6:00 report time. However, there is no requirement that off days have to follow that rule. There is pretty much nothing about vacation at all. OFF days may be used as rest time though.

Our local regulation stipulates that vacation periods of seven days and more must be wrapped by one off day before and after the vacation period which has to be used as rest time and getting up to speed with all the changes that took place in the meantime (EFB updates etc).

multis81
30th Jan 2015, 14:28
Thanks very much for the responses.

Have a great weekend.