PDA

View Full Version : At which airports have shortened declared distances been applied?

wcushen
26th Jan 2015, 11:19
"At other airports, the runway declared distances (not the physical runway itself) are reduced in a paper exercise to provide for the RESA. I've done this at other airports where there is no land available for extension. Umm, and those who have looked at EMAS systems have come away shaking their heads in unhappiness."

Just wondering where this has been applied, due to obstacles preventing any extension for a RESA. I would like to view some case studies...

LookingForAJob
26th Jan 2015, 17:12
I can't give you any definite examples but I have heard it has happened in at least a few places. You might like to get in touch with this mob - Airport Solutions (http://www.airportsol.com/) - I think they may have had some experience with the topic.

For the sake of complete transparency, I have no involvement with the company, commercial or otherwise.

Capot
26th Jan 2015, 21:34
Don't forget that not all the declared distances are necessarily shortened to provide for a longer RESA without extending beyond the old one.

TODA can remain the same, I think (from memory**), although other limitations may come into play.

** Written rather carefully; it's a long time since I did any facilities planning. I binned all the manuals last year in a house move.