PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR application

KK
24th Jan 2015, 10:18
Am I reading this right!!!!??
If you have sat the full ATPL exams (17 exams as I remember back in 1998) and your applying for a CPL/IR licence, then your exempt all theoretical exams?

paco
24th Jan 2015, 11:55
14 exams, actually - but if you have them all under your belt, it is true.

When did you take them, or are you planning to? You will be issued with a CPL until you get the rest of the experience required.

Phil

Sloppy Link
24th Jan 2015, 14:36
4 of them have latency, 4 years I think. HF, Air Law, IFR Comms and another that escapes me.

helimutt
24th Jan 2015, 15:29
have the rules changed now? do you no longer need to have taken the actual IR within 36 months of exam passes?

Aucky
24th Jan 2015, 15:38
The ATPL's (up to amendment 2 or 3?) count indefinitely towards the issue of an ATPL(H) when the remainder of the experience requirements are met (IR for ATPL IR, night hours, multi-pilot hours etc) however if you don't get the IR within the 36 months you have to resit at least 4 exams in order to have the IR theoretical knowledge current prior to undertaking the IR practical course.

There is also a caveat about having maintained a current type on your CPL or something... the wording of which doesn't spring to mind.

staticsource
24th Jan 2015, 15:39
Yes, still 36 months to do the IR. If you haven't done the IR then it's 4 exams, IFR Comms, IR Air Law, IR Flight Perf & Planning, and Radio Nav. This is certainly the case if you did the Amendment 3 Jar or before CPL exams, or ATPL exams........just make sure you have it in writing from the CAA as to what credits you have. If you let your license lapse for 7 years without a valid type on it then I'm pretty sure you will have to do all the exams again.

Cheers

KK
24th Jan 2015, 15:47
Thanks Paco,
When I sat the exams it was for initial issue for a ATPL(H) in 1998. I also managed to get a frozen ATPL(A) with IR taken in 2000 which I never used. As I will be required to fly nights (HEMS) so I need a IR(H). I been told (crewroom talk) that I need to sit five exams before starting a IR course. Any advise would be great!!

paco
24th Jan 2015, 16:53
Yeah, sounds like the 4 exams for a refresh (full details in CAP 804). We can sort that out.

Phil

helimutt
25th Jan 2015, 11:06
Maybe I only had to do 7 exams because I initially did the CPL exams and didnt get the IR within 36 months.
4 will be so much easier.

KK
26th Jan 2015, 11:02
Thanks Phil, that's clarified it some what. CAA is not consistent.