PDA

View Full Version : OML and TRI Rating

mudcity
22nd Jan 2015, 03:35
I am a UK licence holder and contemplating doing a TRI course on the B737, however, I have a OML restriction on my medical. Obviously any sim work as a TRI would be unaffected but could I carry out line training ? The OML restriction States 'can fly with qualified co-pilot' ... My question is does qualified mean just having the type rating or having completed all line training ??
Appreciate your insight

nick14
22nd Jan 2015, 12:15
We have a number of line trainers in our MPA operation with an OML restriction, no problem at all. I assume you are talking about a MPA operation.

mudcity
22nd Jan 2015, 14:54
Yes , I would be looking at becoming a TRI on the B737

nick14
22nd Jan 2015, 15:21
Yes I'm sure you would be fine although you couldn't conduct base training as the other guy wouldn't yet hold the rating.

mudcity
22nd Jan 2015, 16:18
Hi
just trying to get confirmation I could conduct line training as CAP804 says an OML can only fly with a 'fully trained co-pilot'
I am trying to get confirmation in a document that I could conduct line training --

nick14
22nd Jan 2015, 22:08
Best email them, the IAA don't have a problem with it.

mad_jock
22nd Jan 2015, 22:21
I don't think there is a document.

As far as licensing goes the person is fully trained and legal before they go on the line into line training.

If the LTC required a rating to be able to conduct line training it would be a different story. But as its only a company approval it doesn't come under the OML stuff.

mudcity
23rd Jan 2015, 02:05
Many thanks for all your help