PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 757 On The Job training

Cool banana
16th Jan 2015, 18:46
Hi all,

I currently hold B1 credits for the Boeing 757 (RB211) that expires in June this year, I hold an Australian & FAA licence but dont have EASA licence.

SR Technics & CAE are approved by CASA for practical training, but don't have any courses planned for this year.

I am looking for an MRO either in Asia, Europe, Middle East or North America that can offers OJT.

I require about 3 weeks work to cover various tasks in different ATA chapters for an B1 category licence, So this could be completed from either couple of 'C' Checks or a number of 'A' checks.

If anyone can give me any information, this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

CB

BluFin
17th Jan 2015, 12:06
Have a look at the revised Part 66

As its your first EASA type they will be looking for approx 6 months OJT (50% may be prior to completing the Theory/Practical)
With respect to the old style OJT just filling in a logbook and getting the tasks 'Validated' is long gone

As I say have a re-read of reg 1149 and the new part 66 (inc AMC's and GM's)

the Annex is a good summary but does miss a few of the finer points

https://www.easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/Annex%20to%20ED%20Decision%202012-004-R.pdf

see page 35 of the pdf

aintsaying
19th Jan 2015, 06:24
Cool Banana,
Best of luck in your quest in meeting CASA's requirements.
I hold Full B757-200/RB211/PW200 on my licences(foreign NAA's). When I moved to Australia I transferred my Full B1 B757 ratings onto the CASA licence.
Then when CASA moved to Part 66, they slapped their Australian limitations onto my Full B1 B757 ratings, so now I am stuck with CASA limitations on a Full B757 type. And I cannot get them removed as no one in the CASA approved list can remove them. Not to forget the $4000-oo dollar price tag for EACH rating.

So like I said, good luck in your B757 quest.

aintsaying