PDA

View Full Version : Security Flight Deck Door - Access Time Delay

PEBflyer
14th Jan 2015, 20:33
Hi all,

I am working for an European operator, flying the B737. I have recently been studying the AFM Supplement regarding the security flight deck door, which states:

"The access time delay is programmable from 15 to 120 seconds in 15-second increments."

And continues:

"The JAA has retricted the time delay programming to 30 seconds only."

Now I would like to know what EASA think of this restriction (most likely the same), but I have been unable to find anything on this so far. Not even in JAA documents (JAR-OPS 1, JAR 25 & JAR 26)

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

mad_jock
14th Jan 2015, 20:52
that's a bloody stupid subject to be discussing on a public forum.

There won't be any public documents on it because its a security matter.

Your security officer will have access to the document from your national authority.

PEBflyer
14th Jan 2015, 21:39
JAR 26 gives quite a few details on the requirements of the door. But nothing on the timing delay. The 30 seconds limit is also mentioned in the "Comment - Response Document NPA 26-18" so it is hardly a secret.

But until I get a chance to speak to my security manager - anyone else with an idea?

tubby linton
14th Jan 2015, 21:45
Perhaps it is time that Pprune set out some ground rules about discussing security related topics. I for one am not happy about aspects of the security systems being discussed on a public forum.
I would suggest that you ask your own airline management.

john_tullamarine
14th Jan 2015, 22:43
Specific security matters are best discussed internally within your airline chain of command.

While many such items are able to be located on the net, we would prefer to be circumspect on security specifics.