PDA

View Full Version : strange noise

outremer222
4th Jan 2015, 17:46
Hello everyone,
I've got a question for you about something that happened on a Ryainair flight. My seat was next to the window and very close to the right wing. After the takeoff, still during the climb, the engine started to make a louder and somewhat metallic noise that lasted for maybe ten minutes, like if it was struggling to work on full power.
Is it a completely normal thing that one can hear when sitting next to the window on the wing? Or is it that the engine was actually having problems?
And one more thing: Can the pilot hear these noises from the cabin?
Thank you very much, I hope there's someone here to reassure me:)

M-ONGO
7th Jan 2015, 10:29
After the takeoff, still during the climb, the engine started to make a louder and somewhat metallic noise that lasted for maybe ten minutes, like if it was struggling to work on full power.

It was probably the red diesel that they sometimes run on. Makes strange noises, that.

Is it a completely normal thing that one can hear when sitting next to the window on the wing?

No, usually you can hear chavs chanting "Maga Maga Maga-luf!"

Or is it that the engine was actually having problems?

No. Don't worry.

Can the pilot hear these noises from the cabin?

Sometimes. If Olga, Johanka or Magdalena aren't yapping.

Seriously, you are worrying over nothing.

INeedTheFull90
7th Jan 2015, 12:55
It could be the air con. It goes up the wall by the windows and can often make a bit of a droning noise particularly during climb out and will usually settle down. We're you behind or ahead of the wing?