PDA

View Full Version : Solo supervision non EASA licence

20th Dec 2014, 11:23
FCL.910.FI FI — Restricted privileges
(...)
(c) The limitations in (a) and (b) shall be removed from the FI certificate when the FI has completed at least:
(1) for the FI(A), 100 hours of flight instruction in aeroplanes or TMGs and, in addition has supervised at least 25 student solo flights;

Does a solo flight executed by a NPPL(SSEA) student and supervised by an EASA FI count as an EASA supervised solo ?

I'm afraid it does not...

Mach Jump
20th Dec 2014, 14:17
I see no reason why it shouldn't count. The requirement doesn't say that only EASA Licence student solos count.

MJ:ok:

Curtis E Carr
20th Dec 2014, 15:42
Not necessarily addressing the original point, but the following may be of interest.

From Section 4 Part J Subpart 1 to CAP 804:

An applicant who provides evidence that the experience requirements of FCL.910.FI(c) have been met previously using the instructor rating included on a licence that is compliant with ICAO Annex I may have the Part-FCL instructor certificate issued without the privileges restricted.

S-Works
20th Dec 2014, 16:49
I'm afraid it does not...

I am afraid it does. Or as its pantomime season.... Oh yes it does...... ;)

There is no such thing as an NPPL Instructor, you teach using an FI(A) and as such it meets the requirements for the Instructor to log the flight towards the restriction removal.

Go on, ask me how I know...... :ok:

Level Attitude
20th Dec 2014, 20:27
(1) for the FI(A), 100 hours of flight instruction in aeroplanes or TMGs and, in addition has supervised at least 25 student solo flights;

Does a solo flight executed by a NPPL(SSEA) student and supervised by an EASA FI count as an EASA supervised solo ? Just because "supervised" is used twice:

An EASA FI(Restricted) may authorise a solo NPPL student but, for that solo to count as one of the 25 for the purposes of lifting the FI(Restricted) supervisory restriction, the (un-restricted) supervising FI must (I would suggest) also be an EASA FI.

27th Dec 2014, 19:20
There is no such thing as an NPPL Instructor, you teach using an FI(A) and as such it meets the requirements for the Instructor to log the flight towards the restriction removal.

Go on, ask me how I know......
I certainly believe you if you tell me it counts, but I fail to see the legal basis for that.
When instructing for NPPL, you don't exercise the privileges granted by the EASA aircrew regulation. You exercise privileges granted by the UK. Would a microlight supervised solo count? Why would it count? Why would it not? If you supervise in France a brevet de base student (you may do so according to French regs), would it count? Why would it not count if the NPPL counts?

Mach Jump
27th Dec 2014, 22:48
..has supervised at least 25 student solo flights...

In western countries, it is still a generally accepted principle that if a thing is not prohibited, then it is allowed.

...a solo flight executed by a NPPL(SSEA) student...

This is a 'student solo flight' and it doesn't say anywhere that It doesn't count.... So it does!

And any other student flight that the FI was entitled to supervise would count as well.

Let's not try to make this stuff any more complicated that it already is! :eek:

MJ:ok: