PDA

View Full Version : JAR/ATPL to FAA/ATPL

PENNINE BOY
8th Dec 2014, 17:25
Looking for guidance on how to convert my JAR ATPL/IR to an FAA ATPL/IR.

Have emailed the FAA in Oklahoma but they just keep bouncing back emails to contact the nearest office.

Skyjob
8th Dec 2014, 17:36
So contact the nearest office of your choice, depending on where you are wanting to possibly exercise the rights of such licence.

PENNINE BOY
8th Dec 2014, 17:51
Thanks Sky Job, Based in the UK, I have contacted the New York Office and await their response. FAA Licence required to ferry N reg aircraft from Europe to the USA.

Kirks gusset
8th Dec 2014, 19:35
ww.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification/

All the information is on the internet..:)

Remember we are EASA now and you can only hold one Licence State of issue

galwaypilot
8th Dec 2014, 21:07
I have an EASA licence and a 737 rating. I've sat the ATP FAA written exam a couple of months ago and I plan to do a FAA 737 type thus getting a FAA ATP too.

MarkerInbound
8th Dec 2014, 22:38
For the ATP you'll need to have your CAA verify your license to the FAA, complete a certificate training program, pass the written, complete an approved training program if the aircraft requires a type rating and pass a checkride. You'll need a second class medical before you get in the airplane.

However since it's not an air carrier flight you don't need an ATP. You'd still have to have your CAA verify your license but you wouldn't need the CTP. You would have to pass both a commercial and instrument written and a commercial and instrument checkride.

galwaypilot
8th Dec 2014, 23:23
I have the ATP written completed already.... And yes I've to do a check ride on completion I the Type rating

MarkerInbound
9th Dec 2014, 03:43
My post was for the OP. Galwaypilot, you just need to pick a training center, complete the ground school, flight training and checkride.

Both of you will have to have the blessing of the TSA before you touch a sim or airplane.