PDA

View Full Version : Airbus instrument simulator software?

Uplinker
17th Nov 2014, 14:41
Hi folks,

I am looking for recommendations for a good instrument simulator. I don't care about the view out of the window, or how realistic the ground looks, I just want something that is very close to the look of the Airbus A320 series PFD and ND screens.

I want to practice my raw data instrument flying.

I did a search, but there is a lot to go through. Can anybody give me some ideas? I would want to run it on a Windows PC and/or an iPad.

Thanks.

killer.a
22nd Nov 2014, 05:00
Wilco Airbus Add-On for Microsoft Flight Sim or Pr3pare3d lets you set up select the pfd, nd, ew/d, etc and size them to your need. Only problem I have with the software is during the approach around 1000' the winds start going crazy and the speed starts increasing and decreasing like the AC is in WS. But I just intercept the ILS approach out about 3000' and it's enough time for me to practice the raw data ils approach.

There's a new software coming out that's good for training, but I'm not sure how tailored it is for raw data training. Link is below

Our products (http://www.a3xxflightdeck.com/shop/our-products)

ZFT
22nd Nov 2014, 07:02
Pity the new software package website wasn't proof read. AIRINC 424!

Uplinker
10th Dec 2014, 14:47
Hi Killer. (nice !)

Sorry, only just seen your reply. Thanks for the info.

India Four Two
10th Dec 2014, 18:31
Uplinker,

Have a look at what is available for the X-Plane simulator. I haven't tried any Airbus simulations, but it is a great product and the flight models are usually very good.