PDA

View Full Version : Buy a full flight sim?

What-ho Squiffy!
10th Nov 2014, 13:42
Anyone one know the price of a new EC225 FAA/EASA Level D FFS? Is such a sim normally sold as an installed system, or is install/commission separate? Plenty of guesstimates out there, but I'd like some decent intel please. Thanks in advance.

ZFT
10th Nov 2014, 17:03
All fixed wing FFSs are more or less the same price excluding parts and data at around US$7M. P&D vary significantly and can be as high as another US$7-8M.

I would assume rotary wing FFSs could cost somewhat more to produce as less production?

Installation costs pale into insignificance.

What-ho Squiffy!
10th Nov 2014, 17:17
G'day, and thanks for your reply. The data is an interesting point. I have heard Frasca have done their independent flight testing and are therefore competitive in terms of pricing.

When you refer to parts, I presume you're referring to replicating the aircraft hardware?

I have heard the $20m mark for an EC225 FFS Level D. Which could be right when compared to your figures.

ZFT
10th Nov 2014, 17:31
My knowledge of rotary wing FSTDs is quite limited. With most high end fixed wing devices, the flight deck parts are as aircraft and are procured from the airframe OEM along with the data in the form of a kit.

Replicated parts are used by some TDMs but they tend to have poor tactile feel and in my opinion, never look right.