PDA

View Full Version : Looking for OJT

Akuaku
4th Nov 2014, 14:41
Hi,

I am in possession of a student air traffic controller licence (ADI/APS), and I am currently looking for a place to do my OJT. I have done a lot of searching around, but it seems to me that it is kinda hard to find something, as most countries apparently only train their students from scratch, i.e. the initial training.

Unfortunately I don't speak any language other than Norwegian and English, so it has to be something within an English speaking environment, unless they accept someone who's willing to learn the local language during the training.

Would appreciate any help on this!

confused atco
5th Nov 2014, 00:02
Where did you do your rating course?

Can they not assist you?

Akuaku
5th Nov 2014, 08:26
The short answer is "no," unfortunately. I have a European student controller licence, but the rating course was done in the States.

Crazy Voyager
5th Nov 2014, 09:02
How did you end up with a student rating with nobody to train you? Did you self sponsor? If so why did you self sponsor rather than join one of the ANSPs that train from scratch (such as Avinor, if you're norwegian)?

There seems to be background information missing.

Akuaku
5th Nov 2014, 15:00
@Crazy Voyager, I know I haven't provided any background information, however, I don't think it is very relevant at this point. Right now I'm focusing on the future, and on my possibilities with the licence I have, and that means that I have to find an OJT position myself :)

chevvron
6th Nov 2014, 07:36
I would think the only way to do it would either be to actually work for the airfield or to pay them for the OJT time. I know of an ANSP in England who has a full time vacancy for ADI/APP (not APS, although they do have a vacancy for APS only elsewhere) if you're interested in that route.

samotnik
6th Nov 2014, 15:52
No no no no no no no, NEVER pay the ANSP for OJT! Pilots do it, it's crazy, but eventually they get what they want - flying time.

But if you pay for OJT, you have somewhere around 50% chances to waste your money only to get sacked in case you don't validate.

Please, let's don't go this way.

hunsrus1
7th Nov 2014, 11:30
Hi chevron, that might be something I would be interested in. Could you pm me the details.

confused atco
7th Nov 2014, 11:38
The short answer is "no," unfortunately. I have a European student controller licence, but the rating course was done in the States.

Did EASA certify the course in North Dakota?

How far have you actually gone?

Do you have an actual rating?

Are only short a unit endorsement?

Do you actually have to do the rating endorsement?

Akuaku
7th Nov 2014, 11:46
@Confused ATCO

Yes, the course was EASA certified.

I completed both a Basic and a Rating Module (ADI/APS).

I only have a student controller licence for ADI and APS, nothing beyond that.

Raindrops
10th Nov 2014, 14:18
ACR (http://www.acr-sweden.se) is looking for controllers.

arvindasija
22nd Nov 2014, 16:24
Wondering, would a simulator exercise be of help?