PDA

View Full Version : EASA PPL (A) Ground Examiners - Dubai/Abu Dhabi

sadekp2833
2nd Nov 2014, 10:32
Hello all! Great to be a part of the forum as I just joined today...

I am writing as a current EASA PPL (A) student. As I have had to relocate to Abu Dhabi for employment reasons, it was not possible for me to complete all 9 of the light aircraft ground exams in the UK.

As I now have 2 exams yet to be completed, my examiner in the UK has suggested that I contact the forum in order to determine whether there might be any independent examiners based in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi who could set and sign off the final 2 papers. As it is obviously more feasible to complete these here I would like to avoid the expense of having to travel back to the UK to complete these. Perhaps even pilot's who are licensed examiner's flying in on a stop-over could set a paper despite not being based here?

Any advice or contacts (whether flying schools or pilots/certified examiners) in this respect would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Patrick

Duchess_Driver
2nd Nov 2014, 20:21
Try...

Home - New Horizon Academy (http://www.horizonuae.ae/Index.aspx)

Whilst it doesn't appear to be EASA, they may know someone who knows someone.... or better still they do have EASA instructors who may still hold FE/GE status.

HTH

DD

Whopity
2nd Nov 2014, 22:40
The Ground Exams are only held by RFs and ATOs, not by individual examiners. Under the EASA rules; FCL.025 you can only take an exam when recommended by the school who trained you. The days of doing exams wherever it takes your fancy are a thing of the past.

sadekp2833
3rd Nov 2014, 10:24
Thanks Whopity and DD for your comments.

I will try the New Horizons Academy, however by the sounds of Whopity's comments this won't be possible. This being said I have already sat ground exams at a different flying school to that where I was trained and recommended (albeit also in the UK) so I'm not sure if this makes a difference. Not quite sure if you mean should a referral be made by my flying school this will be possible...?

I have been in touch with AOPA and they have informed me that I can sit the ground papers at any ATO within Europe..

BigGrecian
3rd Nov 2014, 18:29
I have been in touch with AOPA and they have informed me that I can sit the ground papers at any ATO within Europe..

As long as the exams are all completed under the same CA in accordance with FCL.025 a ) 1)