PDA

View Full Version : Emb 170/190 question

Flocks
1st Nov 2014, 13:47
Dear pilots,

I need some professional advice.

I have 1650 flight hours with 200hrs as PIC cessna 425 (twin turbo prop)
Currently working as pilot for a private owner in France.

I've got an opportunity to work as first officer, the summer saison for a regional operator in europe. Type rating is on my own and I can expect 55 to 75hr flight hours a months (8 months contract)
They told me, it is almost sure to have a new summer contract with them the next summer but ...

If for some reason (touch wood) the company shuts down in future or don't want to take me back, where will I end up with a 170/190 rating and just hundred hours?
I do not find so many job offer on internet for Emb 170/190 FO
I'm willing to move but try to think about my family ...

Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your valuable time.

dboy
1st Nov 2014, 18:48
I would take it. Make sure you have the 500h on type. Outside europe you can try oman air. It makes you already much more attractive to airliners than the Cessna.

Good luck. The embraer is a good type rating.

GusHoneybun
1st Nov 2014, 19:38
Without any thought, you are better off with the e-jet. It's a much more useful rating than the 425, with over 1000 of the flying worldwide. Opportunities on the e-jet are very good at present. If it's the company I think your talking about, I've just finished a season there and they will be desperate for e-jet pilots again next year.
Agencies are still trying to recruit for at least 5 contract I know of. It's a very small world on the embraer, and the number of rated pilots sitting around looking for work is very, very low.

Good luck, you won't regret it.

Proline21
1st Nov 2014, 22:17
I assume it is for the Jetairfly Position.

Go for it!