PDA

View Full Version : DHC and PAD on The Gen-Dec

nitrococuk
30th Oct 2014, 00:51
Hi! I am a new member of some operations agent and I would like to ask some questions here, it would be great if you could help me to figure it out.

Sometimes, a foreign crew member attends to a departure flight as a Dead Head Crew or as a PAD (non-operating crew member). I understand that I should put his name on the gendec paper, so he will not be charged for this flight. In this case, Captain should provide me the new trip info with the new numbers of crew, dow, doi..) . But they're not doing that. They just keep the crew number same as inbound.

What am I missing here ? Can you explain me in details in which conditions I should or should not put his name on the gendec ? :confused:

MCDU2
30th Oct 2014, 13:35
What aircraft type is it? If it's a modern jet then 85kg or whatever the standard weight you use will make little difference to the trim of the aircraft. Whilst they are not operating to good practice it's perfectly safe from a weight and balance point of view.

The only other issue is whether the crew are in compliance with their operations manual and local laws and regulations. In our outfit we are required to make a note of the staff member and their staff number on the load sheets. With a copy being left behind at the station we depart from this ensures that the emergency services can account for us all in the case of a mishap.