PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Chepstow

150Driver
30th May 2002, 13:00
Some friends of mine want to go to Chepstow race course on Monday, and I was planning to fly to Filton & get a taxi from there, however Filton are closed on Monday.

According to the groundskeeper at Chepstow it's not possible to fly in (fixed wing) and the next nearest airfield (probably Bristol Lusgate) means the transfer time makes the trip un-economic (in terms of time)

Does anyone know of anywhere else within 20 miles of Chepstow that you could get a C172 in & out of??

Chilli Monster
30th May 2002, 13:29
There are a couple of private strips in the Chepstow / Newport area - do you know anyone with a copy of Lockyers?

CM

matspart3
30th May 2002, 17:38
Upfield Farm near Newport, Lydney, Llangarron near Ross-on-Wye or Usk spring to mind. Eastbach Farm near Coleford is a bit too short for a loaded C172 . Otherwise it's about 30 miles by road from Gloucestershire Airport (but easy to book a taxi). I'll try to dig out some contact numbers when I'm back in the office tomorrow

150Driver
31st May 2002, 09:32
Thanks for your help, mats & chilli. I've got hold of a Lockyear's so I can give those places a ring.