PDA

View Full Version : PPL Exams - all to be finished ?

Steven JC
29th May 2002, 21:17
I have a question regarding completion of PPL exams.

I appreciate that you have 12 months to complete your exams for your PPL which starts from the date you took your first exam. I have 2 weeks in which to complete my communications exam and sit my oral for the RT licence. Do these need to be completed within the 12 months like the other PPL exams eg Air law, nav, Human perform., flight planning, technical etc ?

Can anyone give my an example question for the written comms test (multiple choice?). There isn't anything within the PPL confuser.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Steven:D

HelenD
29th May 2002, 21:47
Dont panic only the written RT exam is included with the 12 months limit. The oral exam just has to be completed before youer licence is issued. As for the content of the written exam its multiple choice just like the others if you have read your CAP413 you will be OK.

Evo7
30th May 2002, 16:58
Study CAP413. The requirements for the RT exams are listed in GID35: Requirements for Flight Radiotelephony Operator's Licence (FRTOL) (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SRG_FCL_Gid35.PDF)

Also, an example practical test is in GA Safety Sense leaflet 22 - Radiotelephony (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/224/ssl22.pdf)

You'll need Adobe's Acrobat Reader for those two

Good luck :)

D 129
2nd Jun 2002, 21:56
Here's a sample of practice R/T questions - I won't trouble you with the multi choice answers - they should all be pretty obvious or look uppable ...

Urgency is defined as ...
The call sign suffix "tyro" indicates that ...
A class "B" bearing is accurate to how many degrees ...
When may 121.5 MHz be used to practice emergency procedures ...
Your first mayday call should be on what frequency ...
The time 1020 would be transmitted as ...
The word ROGER means ...
Readability 5 means ...
GO AROUND means ...
SQUAWK IDENT means ...
DAAIS stands for ...
Items that a pilot must read back are ...
A pilot may abbreviate his aircraft call sign only when ...
VERIFY means ...
STAND BY means ...
When is "TAKE OFF" used by the pilot ...
Transponder code for radio failure is ...
The correct order and content of a position report is ...
ATIS means ...

and so on ...

If you have Trevor Thomed (Book 7) thoroughly you should have no problem ...

D 129