PDA

View Full Version : Do I need 4 landings for TR if I have experience on type through FAA licence?

Grum
8th Oct 2014, 16:59
I have just completed a type rating course where I did both an FAA check-ride and an EASA check. I will begin flying the aircraft on the FAA licence where there is no requirement for landings. The plane will be re-registered to an EASA register. So when I finally apply for my EASA type rating, will I have to still do 4 landings with a TRI in an empty aeroplane? Or will they accept the experience completed on type with the FAA licence?

Strange situation I know.

Could someone tell me where it states the requirement for 4-6 landings to complete an EASA type rating? I have looked in CAP804 and Part FCL where both give all the requirements for theoretical knowledge tests etc but nothing about landings.

I appreciate any input from other's experiences or simply the correct reference in CAP804.

Pilatipus
8th Oct 2014, 18:08
I did exactly the same as you. I had been flying the aircraft for about 4 months on my FAA and wrote to them explaining the situation. They accepted the 4 months experience and waived the required take off and landings with the TRE.

Grum
8th Oct 2014, 21:59
Thanks Pilatipus

That is good news. PPrune comes to the rescue once again.

Cheers

BizJetJock
9th Oct 2014, 06:38
That used to be the case, but I wouldn't bet on it still being true. Nothing lost by asking, though.
All the NAA's have had their knuckles rapped by EASA because the landings are meant to be part of the approved course at the ATO. The fact that none of them can do the landings, and up till now you've just gone and found any old TRI to do them, is a bit of a problem.
The requirement is in AMC2.ORA.ATO.125 (k). Easy to find, eh? :mad:
Good luck!

Grum
9th Oct 2014, 11:46
Okay, interesting, thanks for the reference Bizjock.

Steak&Kidney_Pie
13th Oct 2014, 10:22
Grim,

Just ring the CAA and explain. There won't be a problem. I had the same recently.