PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Century NSD-360A HSI ?

piperboy84
24th Sep 2014, 12:24
I am looking for a used Century NSD-360A HSI, I've found a few on ebay however they are in a "slaved" configuration, I want the unslaved model but i notice both the slaved and unslaved have the card cage adjustment knob. Is the slave/unslave thing a setting inside the unit or could i buy one that is slaved and just not use the flux gate attachment and adjust for correct heading manually?

Big Pistons Forever
24th Sep 2014, 14:45
The slaved NSD 360 does not have a fast slave feature on start up, so you need to align the card with the aircraft heading using the knob. After that the slaving will keep it aligned.

Personally I don't think much of this unit. They are not very reliable and very expensive to repair. I think you would be much better trying to find a used Aspen 1000.

piperboy84
24th Sep 2014, 15:28
Personally I don't think much of this unit. They are not very reliable and very expensive to repair. I think you would be much better trying to find a used Aspen 1000

I am looking at that also but finding a used aspen 1000 appears to be about as common as hens teeth, also I,m not tying in an autopilot or a GPS to the HSI just a SL30 nav radio so thought the aspen would be a bit overkill, but if i could find one at the right price i would prefer the aspen. It also appears from the Aspen spec sheet to get the GS function from the SL30 on the Aspen I would need the 1000 PRO model which I think adds about $4k to the new price which would probably translate to about a $2k add for a used one

A and C
26th Sep 2014, 07:01
My last post was deleted by the moderators, it seems to be a very fine line between an offer of help and advertising !

Saab Dastard
26th Sep 2014, 19:03
A&C, yes, it is!

Have you considered PMs for your offers of help?

SD

S-Works
26th Sep 2014, 19:35
I have one fitted to my Cessna. It's been flawless for a decade. Very impressed with it.

It's slaved to the remote compass and linked to the garmin.

A and C
27th Sep 2014, 06:56
If the PM function worked I would !

Saab Dastard
27th Sep 2014, 11:26
If the PM function worked I would !
That's a different department! :}

Have you reported the problem to admin?

SD