PDA

View Full Version : FAA Groundschool?

Joe green
28th May 2002, 20:07
Does anyone know of any FAA Groundschool around the London area. I'm mooving down from Leeds next month and would like to convert my Australian CPL/IR to an FAA PPL/IR.

Thanks in advance.

Julian
29th May 2002, 09:29
Joe,

Not sure about the London area but I live on the West of London and drove to Norwich to do mine. American Flight Training does both the theory and flying training. The flight test is either conducted in the US or there is a visiting examiner they can arrange for you I believe.

I just completed an Instrument Proficiency check with AFT this weekend. Rates are reasonable and a good choice of aircraft - including a nicely kitted out Aztec if you are feeling flush!

Julian.

dont_go_down
2nd Jun 2002, 13:22
Joe,

I am currently training for my FAA IR at Elstree. The flight test will be at be at Comair in Orlando at the end of next month. I know my instructor does full time ground school too. Jason's your contact at Ammerican Connection, I cant find the office # but this is his mobile. 07984-432847. I've been very happy with him. Very professional.

englishal
3rd Jun 2002, 12:46
You can also do the FAA ground school online (can't remember the link, but you should be able to search for it). Once you have successfully completed the online FTO's 'exams' they issue you with an endorsement to take the Lazergrade exams. You can then either take the exams here at somewhere like American Flight Training or wait until you go to the US and take them there. In the US they cost around $75 I think....

.....I've just re-read your post. If you have an Aus CPL / IR there is no requirement to do any ground school to get a FAA PPL/IR. You have to pass an FAA 'Instrument Foreign Pilot' multi choice computer test to get IR priviliges, but all you really need to pass that is to get a copy of the Jeppesen Instrument Commercial manual (in my opinion). Then when you go to the US to get your licence at a FSDO you can arrange to take the IFP test then.

Cheers
EA

Joe green
4th Jun 2002, 12:55
Thank you all,

I'ts been so long since I've been near an aeroplane I'm thinking I'd need to start from the begining, but anyway I think I'd enjoy it. You know just being in the aviation crowd again.

Thanks for the contact mate, I called Jason at Elstree and his got me a place on the July course.

all the best.