PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Firefighting guys?

Kataphract
14th Sep 2014, 02:59
Good afternoon Ladies and Gents

First post but long-time lurker. Aerospace MSc at Cranfield UK, with any luck progressing to PhD there. Own a GPL with ~300 launches and 10 A/C types. Some powered experience but annoyingly not enough money to make it a consistent activity, even gliding's been out the window the last half year or so. Never really had any particular skill writing thread titles or even knowing which sub-forums they should go in (so hoping I'm in the right area).

Myself and (recently) a couple of others are working on a project in the aerial fire fighting sector. There's no point doing this work in a vacuum or else it'll just simply die as yet more under-researched academia, but so far I've only had partial success when trying to speak to operators and forestry services. I haven't exactly got the funds to go knocking down their doors in person so I'm having to get a little creative...

Are there any members on here who work on fire fighting ops willing to put themselves forward (or any member wishing to sneakily nominate someone on their behalf) and have a chat? Doesn't matter what capacity or country you're in, it'll all be helpful.