7th Oct 2014, 13:06
InformationAlpha, just be patient and wait for the email. :ok:

InformationAlpha
7th Oct 2014, 13:12
Words of wisdom ;)
Thanks

mackoi
7th Oct 2014, 13:18
Meanwhile keep calm and eat ice cream ....

wiblywoblywonder
7th Oct 2014, 14:15
Mackoi, sounds like it's whiskey you need and not ice-cream ;)

reeko
7th Oct 2014, 14:32
and no ice

mackoi
7th Oct 2014, 14:43
Mackoi, sounds like it's whiskey you need and not ice-cream

Irish whiskey :D:D, too much for me, I'll stick to ice-cream :P

Alexruk1
7th Oct 2014, 16:01
Got my acceptance email!

tonybhoy96
7th Oct 2014, 17:10
I just received an invite to the assessment day in Dublin today :) So invites are still being sent out.

VLT_029
7th Oct 2014, 17:40
What date is your assessment tonybhoy96?

Airbus Airhead
7th Oct 2014, 17:48
Congrats tony I was beginning to think it was all over! Still keeping my fingers crossed for mine! Does it mention the layout of the day? Math test? Physics test? Etc

erpeor
7th Oct 2014, 18:28
Tony what day did you apply?

tonybhoy96
7th Oct 2014, 18:36
Pilot Pan, yes it did mention the layout of the day.

Erpeor, I applied on the Thursday before the application window closed.

aibkaresz
7th Oct 2014, 19:00
I applied two days before you :) I think this was it for me, didn't make it to the first stage :(

Alexruk1
7th Oct 2014, 19:55
When it says any equivalent Leaving Certificates need to be emailed, does that include GCSE's in the UK?

sosu89
7th Oct 2014, 20:22
Well done and good luck Tony. Sorry for asking but for when is your assessment day scheduled?

Because that is the last hope we have guys, if Toni's day is not scheduled for the last days of the assessments, we still have a chance.

Fingers crossed :ok:

tonybhoy96
7th Oct 2014, 20:51
Thank you, my assessment is scheduled for the last week of the assessments if they conclude on the 24th.

aibkaresz
7th Oct 2014, 21:05
And may we ask which day are you on? Just to know if there are even more days after your assessment.

tonybhoy96
7th Oct 2014, 21:12
Yes there are more assessment days after mine.

newb1112
8th Oct 2014, 11:18
Has any body who received an invite to assessment with UK Qualifications heard back from FTE regarding whether their grades are equivalent or not?

mackoi
8th Oct 2014, 12:09
This is an emotional roller coaster :sad:

Lockheed_Blackbird
8th Oct 2014, 14:42
Thanks for the info OfficerKite!

ILiLLo
8th Oct 2014, 14:46
Officer Kite, what you said means that they just invited the 6% of the people and that's the end....or they just sent the 6% of all the invitations they planned to send and we can still waiting for it?

thank you

erpeor
8th Oct 2014, 14:54
hey guys I am trying to find the FAQ of the program to see when the assessment days are but I cannot find them.

Could you kindly tell me what days are them?

mackoi
8th Oct 2014, 15:04
First Dublin stage from October 13th to October 24th

reeko
8th Oct 2014, 15:14
Officer Kite,

Did you phone FTE or is this info from someone you know?

Officer Kite
8th Oct 2014, 15:16
Apologies, I'm not sure it should have been on the open forums to be honest.

Meanwhile. Has anyone invested in a preparation pack ? I read that the one included in the invite is sufficient but it feels limited in what it offers with regards to practice questions.

reeko
8th Oct 2014, 15:24
That's fair Officer Kite. Interesting nonetheless. Are you talkig about an external pack or one that FTE offer?

Officer Kite
8th Oct 2014, 15:42
I'm wondering whether it would be worth my while getting an external package, but having read some info elsewhere I gather that the fte one linked in the e-mail should suffice, my stomach is churning over this :}

mac20
8th Oct 2014, 16:38
Has anyone from the UK been told if their grades are good enough yet? I'm not booking any flights until I've been told. I also missed Officer kite's info?:)

G-VCED
8th Oct 2014, 17:25
Link to FAQ if anyone needs:

FAQs Section | FTEJerez (http://www.ftejerez.com/campaignfaq/21)

Week commencing 19th Jan training is scheduled to begin. Could be a life changing 2 months.

InformationAlpha
9th Oct 2014, 10:35
Any updates?

VLT_029
9th Oct 2014, 16:57
Anyone received an invite today??

PPRuNeUser0207
9th Oct 2014, 19:31
Guys has everybody paid for their day out yet?

My wallet was stolen on Sunday and I'm still waiting on a new bank card!!!

InformationAlpha
9th Oct 2014, 19:35
For us still on tenterhooks at the minute, when would you estimate the invite window to close?

FO_DJ
9th Oct 2014, 19:36
Still waiting to hear anything. I thought my application here was arguably stronger than my BAFPP one and I managed to go a fair way with that.

E-mailed FTE Jerez 2 days ago about the status of my application and no response at all. I understand they're probably busy and inundated, but a simple yes or no would be nice

gordonquinn
10th Oct 2014, 07:11
Still nothing for me, I emailed a few days ago looking for an update and got this reply.

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your email.

You will be contacted this week to confirm whether you have passed to the next stage or not.

Good luck

Hopefully should know by the end of today

aibkaresz
10th Oct 2014, 07:33
Gordon you are right, today is the last day, and as far as I know, rejection e-mails will be sent as well. Critical hours :\

Sharklet7
10th Oct 2014, 07:40
Hey,

How did you find out today is the last day to receive an invite? I wouldn't be surprised if it was next Friday, allowing recipients a weeks notice of the final day? No? Willing to be wrong if you have some information?

All seems to have gone quiet on receiving invites here, unless ones are playing their cards close to their chest.

Hope all waiting find good news in their inboxes today!!!

aibkaresz
10th Oct 2014, 07:42
Based on Gordon's e-mail :)

EDIT: not to mention that guys here already recieved invites to for the 2nd week

Officer Kite
10th Oct 2014, 15:19
Just out of interest have any other invitations been sent out today ?

FO_DJ
10th Oct 2014, 15:50
Not too sure. After hearing nothing and 3 emails this week seemingly ignored (what it feels like) I sent one last email highlighting my frustration with the lack of correspondence and have now given up on even receiving anything.

Not trying to sound bitter but an indication on what the situation was would have been helpful.

EZY_FR
10th Oct 2014, 16:02
Emailing Aer Lingus recruitment is an absolute waste of time. When the application window was on I emailed them to enquire about Irish equivalency grades, and the response I got stated that each vacancy has specific job requirements for the role...

In order words, don't waste your time with them.

Officer Kite
10th Oct 2014, 16:16
I can sense the frustration, best of luck to all. The numbers that have gotten through are extremely low and I'm quite surprised at getting an invite. It certainly isn't something to lose any hope over.

VLT_029
10th Oct 2014, 16:44
Officer Kite how do you know that the numbers that have gotten through are extremely low?

AucT
10th Oct 2014, 16:47
Looks like PFO emails about to be sent soon. Someone who works for Aer Lingus and applied for Cadetship received PFO from Aer Lingus directly stating that Jerez to send PFO emails soon.

aibkaresz
10th Oct 2014, 16:50
Do we know exactly what "soon" means?

almon1298
10th Oct 2014, 22:44
Anyone going on 15th?

My info for anyone interested is: Applied on 2nd day of window, got invite to assessment about a week ago. PPL with 95hrs and a degree. I'm 26, no atpl passes or attempts yet but studying Bristol Gs. I emailed my Scottish sqa grades to FTE as instructed but no reply, I did ask in the email if they could confirm if they were equivalent but no reply.

Email invite says numeracal test, verbal reasoning test, combined maths and physics test then group exercise and finally one on one interview.

no mention of any additional test but it does state "we may test you on things not listed". I've been preparing using the fteJerez assessment on latestpilotjobs.com. The "hard" levels im finding extremely difficult though...especially inverted flight director (a previous candidate has mentioned that on his assessment all tests were done with inverted controls).

Anyone going on 15th, would be good to link up for moral support and a friendly face!

gordonquinn
11th Oct 2014, 04:25
Nothing yet for me despite what my previous email said, maybe it's taking a bit longer to get through the applications but I'm going on the assumption that they have spoke to everyone they need to already.

Fingers crossed though folks, you never know!

Either way my dream is staying alive, might just take a bit longer to get there!

Officer Kite
11th Oct 2014, 11:21
Has anyone who has received an invite had any issues with the payment page ? I keep getting a security alert on all browsers.

Thanks.

G-VCED
11th Oct 2014, 22:08
I did initially on Chrome but managed to make payment through internet explorer.

Officer Kite
11th Oct 2014, 22:32
I may have to contact fte on monday. Did you pay the 255 it changed to ? I could have sworn it was 240e upon applying.

wiblywoblywonder
11th Oct 2014, 23:57
I got an invite which I am happy about needless to say ! However, I have got about 2-3 days notice before assessment which is not ideal. I know other people got longer. Had to completely cancel all plans this weekend to get studying!

When you are out of college a while and no use for basic maths / physics questions, algebra, etc etc it's amazing how rusty a person becomes with the math side of the brain getting slower lol :ugh:. I struggled with alot of those questions on the FTE prep sheet that was attached to the email initially, but figured them out eventually lol !! But will keep practicing others.

Anyone else on the same boat and feel as unprepared as I do with relation to numerical reasoning prep?! :(

G-VCED
12th Oct 2014, 11:48
I just paid the revised cost, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

InformationAlpha
12th Oct 2014, 17:53
Any more invites?

PPRuNeUser0207
12th Oct 2014, 20:53
If I don't see you guys in DCU or AL HQ we can always meet up in FTE in January :)

Officer Kite
12th Oct 2014, 21:00
I haven't even thought about the possibility of stage 4, think I'd collapse if I were to go the whole way :}

I would love to see you in FTE in Jan though haha

reeko
12th Oct 2014, 21:26
My stomach nerves are going wild at the thought of it all.

PPRuNeUser0207
12th Oct 2014, 21:37
The very best of luck to both of you, if you can believe you can do it!

All I ask is we keep the thread free from anything about the ongoing assessments to keep the entire process fair to everybody.

:ok:

reeko
12th Oct 2014, 21:44
Absolutely agree JumpSeat_M

Such a unique opportunity has to be kept as fair and professional as possible.

Shamrocks
12th Oct 2014, 21:54
Can I ask people how they plan on paying the 25K?

Are you all sure you have 25K in cash, from a loan or will your parents give it to you?

I don't know how I will get the 25K if I make it to the end!

Officer Kite
12th Oct 2014, 21:57
Indeed, in such a competitive process I can't understand why anybody would release details and ruin their own chances !

gordonquinn
13th Oct 2014, 10:52
To Shamrocks question:

Can I ask people how they plan on paying the 25K?
Are you all sure you have 25K in cash, from a loan or will your parents give it to you?
I don't know how I will get the 25K if I make it to the end!

I'm gonna go on a hunch and say you are probably not alone with this! Lol I will be going to the bank for a loan and using my savings to make the payments for the time where I won't be earning and a buffer of 1 year. It's a bit of :mad: setup but it should work!

PPRuNeUser0207
13th Oct 2014, 13:24
In fairness I am quite a young chap, early 20's. But my credit rating is top notch as I have already take out two loans in the past.

For my funding I will approach my bank and look for the full €25,000 if successful I will have to sell my pride and joy (I only have a few months) to make repayments throughout the training.

"Yah gotta do what yah gotta do..."

Officer Kite
13th Oct 2014, 13:58
Studying in DCU I took a trip up to the assessment place to have a quick glance at the setup, god did it look intimidating :{

PPRuNeUser0207
13th Oct 2014, 14:24
Really, I study there too, what was going on that scared you :rolleyes:

AucT
13th Oct 2014, 14:54
Anyone with PFO letter yet?

Officer Kite
13th Oct 2014, 15:17
Well there was one hell of an eery silence, some guy in a suit appearing to be staring at a wall and a load of empty seats :ooh:

I felt under pressure and I'm not even down to be in yet.

aibkaresz
13th Oct 2014, 15:54
AucT, there's a national holiday today in Andalusia, so I think we will get them tomorrow.

Good luck to all invited!

wiblywoblywonder
13th Oct 2014, 16:33
Has anyone had problems paying through the link on the email? I tried IE, Chrome and Firefox and no luck. Will just have to bring the card tomorrow :rolleyes:

PPRuNeUser0207
13th Oct 2014, 19:30
@wiblywoblywonder let somebody know you're having problems as you essentially need proof of payment tomorrow!

Shamrocks
14th Oct 2014, 11:21
For the people who have already attended, would you be kind enough to put me and some of the others out of our misery and please tell us what exactly you where told about the paying the 25K yourself. Don't mention anything else as this will give an unfair advantage to those of us who have yet to attend assessment but I would really appreciate to hear what Jerez had to say about the bit you have to fund yourself. The reason I want to know is my bank manager whom I visited said they might consider if they had some clear written letter from Aer Lingus to say I would get a job with them after the training but otherwise based on my current savings he said I would not get a loan for €25,000 . Thanks

erpeor
14th Oct 2014, 11:36
Hey guys I have bad but updated news for those who have not been invited yet. Just called FTE and I have been informed that all invitations for the successful applicants have been sent out already.

FTE is going to start sending unsuccessful applications email this evening.

There is also a reserve list in case they need someone else.

Sorry for the bad news but I have not been selected either.

Officer Kite
14th Oct 2014, 11:41
I don't know the technicalities of the whole thing shamrock, I can't remember the exact wording reading the fte site but it tells that nothing is "guaranteed". I doubt Aer Lingus will give a letter guaranteeing a job to anyone as the individual could: a) not be successful in training and b) not end up with a role in Aer Lingus because Aer Lingus make it clear in the descriptions that any job offer is subject to the requirements of the airline at the time, now I know that it is extremely unlikely that Aer Lingus will not hire you after successfully completing training , but I'm sure you can see the reasons why Aer Lingus will not provide any guarantee so to speak. They most likely will give an offer of employment however they will say it is subject to many other things and their requirements at the time of your graduation.

aibkaresz
14th Oct 2014, 11:51
Erpeor, thanks for the info :)

Shamrocks, I share Office Kite's thought. From the beginning, it was made clear that it is not guaranteed that you get a job after a successfull training. I think Aer Lingus won't write a letter stating anything like that (considering it would be a bit unfair to the other cadets). And of course the cadest could fail at any stages.

Shamrocks
14th Oct 2014, 11:57
I just wish a previous cadet (one who did not have parents or 25K in savings) would tell us (even cryptically) how on earth they paid the 25K. Is there a specific person in some bank that deals with the aer lingus cadets getting a loan or what.
It is so annoying that aer lingus was vague about this on the careers site. It is so important in my view, critical I would say.

I don't know anyone my age who could get 25K. Most of my mates have either gone to Australia or are still paying back college loans.

This is important as I will not attend the assessment if I cannot get the money and will be in a position to tell FTE so they can contact someone on the reserve list to fill my spot on the assessment day.

Everything else aside, the self funded bit is crucial to me. I need to know the nitty gritty details before walking into this. I just cant be trowing €255 euro around when I have rent and bills to pay this week.

I really, really do wants this but there is no point going for it if I cannot get a loan if that makes sense.

I am amazed actually that everyone seems to have no problem or concern getting 25K by January if you are picked. Thanks

VLT_029
14th Oct 2014, 13:44
Why would you want to go through the entire process only to find out you cannot raise the money required.

Wasn't one of the questions in the initial application confirming that a financial contribution of €25000 needed to be made?

I am sure it will be absolutely heart breaking for anyone making it through all the stages and then having to lose their well earned place just because of funding.

Might be an option to see if any close family or friends would guarantee a loan for you.

aibkaresz
14th Oct 2014, 15:20
Shamrocks, you should have given this problem a second thouhgt before applying. And don't get me wrong, it would be hard for us to pay the 25K as well, as you said, there are quate a few people who can spend 25K without having to tighten their belts.

As said before here, this cadet scheme is a really great opportunity, since other airlines are asking you to self fund the type rating, or even the whole training.

almon1298
14th Oct 2014, 15:51
Im sure FTE help to apply for a BBVA career development loan if needed. OAA do it and im sure FTE would offer some help for any loan application such as a risk assessment. £25k is enough to self fund a modular Cpl ME IR in South Africa though. Think about that! Converting to easa takes an additional 20hours min instruction and you need to pass all easa atpl exams also. IM sitting my easa atpl subjects first then heading to sa to do the Cpl, i believe if you have passed all easa atpl's then you just need to do SA CPL exams for air law, met and human performance. This is my plan A. Aer Lingus cadet is a good opportunity to save a bunch of hassle and get a bit of a chance of a job at the end too.

wiblywoblywonder
15th Oct 2014, 09:07
Guys,

For what it's worth, people worrying about the 25K, I wouldn't. If you have an acceptance letter from AL into the training there are very few banks that would not accept your custom. AL pilots are very well paid with steady jobs. My girlfriend works for a bank and she says they love to see pilots come through the door and have a higher chance of getting a loan/mortgage than others.

Especially with a letter of acceptance I'd doubt very much you wouldn't raise 25K. Maybe there are pilots out there that disagree. Also, they stated that you are an AL employee from the moment you start training.

BaronVonBarnstormer
15th Oct 2014, 15:22
Has anyone received a PFO email yet?

Shamrocks
15th Oct 2014, 16:06
How many people where at your assessment ?

mackoi
16th Oct 2014, 07:02
No mail received yet, of any kind.

taxistaxing
16th Oct 2014, 07:29
Any recommendations for local hotels, convenient to the centre?

sharklet15
16th Oct 2014, 07:31
I would recommend the Skylon Hotel, it's only two miles from the University and there is also a shuttle to and from the airport if anyone needs that.

aibkaresz
16th Oct 2014, 07:35
And what a surprise, neither do I :)

PID
16th Oct 2014, 10:16
Spoke to a friend who applied for this scheme a while a go. Also never got a reply, years later, he flies for BA cityflyer instead. I'm assuming this is more for first comes first gets or apply at the right time. So theres a likely hood that hey haven't even seen your application:ugh: ah well .. no point to keep waiting.

Just want to wish good luck for all the successful applicants!:)

G-VCED
16th Oct 2014, 11:28
taxistaxing

Maples House Hotel.

50 minute walk to assessment centre / 12 Euro Taxi / Bus down the road.

Decent rates and friendly staff.

taxistaxing
16th Oct 2014, 13:48
Thanks! Will take a look.

almon1298
16th Oct 2014, 17:09
stay at the airport travelodge south, i stayed there, 10 min wake up refreshing walk to assessment! Very useful. Most people stayed at the regency or local B&B. It was a good laugh in the end, as these things normally are. (although this was my first at this level). At the end of the day you will have met some good people and can unwind at the terminal bar over a Guinness or two. If i get through ill obviously be delighted but in already delighted with the experience and meeting these fellow pros! Good luck to everyone.

PPRuNeUser0207
16th Oct 2014, 21:37
I have attended the assessment.

Not going to give anything away to keep things fair.
However, what I would say is relax and try to enjoy the day, everybody is super friendly and want to see you do your best!!

Have fun!

Final numbers for this round are 160. 12 spaces going more than likely.

thowmas
16th Oct 2014, 21:47
Thanks for posting the tips on recommended places to stay :ok:
Sounds like the assessment is a pretty enjoyable day which is always a good start... Looking forward to it!

G-VCED
17th Oct 2014, 01:49
I'd agree, I did enjoy the day as a whole and met interesting and cool people.

I had a few Guinness's after also - well deserved and they went down a treat.

taxistaxing
17th Oct 2014, 06:46
160 for 12 places. Still a long shot, but far better odds than I expected.

mackoi
17th Oct 2014, 06:52
Sooooo jealous ....:D

wiblywoblywonder
17th Oct 2014, 08:48
Available places are above 10 and below 20 so it is not strictly 12. They said if 16 fit the bill they will be taken on and if say only 10 fit the bill then just 10 taken on. They hope to see all 160 of us back for final assessment but I expect another large cull, so just fingers crossed for everyone.

Assessment day was fun, tiring and a challenge for sure and gave my brain a good workout which it needed. But most of all was a good experience and enjoyable and it takes no time to become acquainted with fellow wannabee cadets.

I also required a couple of pints after it and they went down a treat :ok:

wiblywoblywonder
17th Oct 2014, 08:53
For guys traveling - Obviously a hotel nearby is ideal but if a cheap hotel comes up in the city center then you can get to DCU quickly (approx. 20 min) via the following buses:

How to get to DCU | Information | DCU (http://www.dcu.ie/info/get_to.shtml)

Officer Kite
17th Oct 2014, 08:57
Hey wiblywobly,

Were there many people below 20 years old ? I'm in next tuesday, the figures of below 20 cadets were expected but I wasn't expecting 12. Can I just ask how long you were in there for ? I know we're told to expect up to 8 hrs but I've seen many people walking around the campus in suits before 3 pm, is it most likely to be finished by 3 ? Apologies for what may seem like a futile question, I'm just trying to organise getting a lift home :ok:

Best of luck to all !

wiblywoblywonder
17th Oct 2014, 09:01
Officer,

I was in the assessment center for a full 7 hours. So if anything goes wrong maybe it could be 8 hours but it took us 7. It depends on what session you are on, there are 08.30 and 11.00 sessions I think. People ranged from low 20's to early 30's, not many U20 in my session.

PPRuNeUser0207
17th Oct 2014, 10:03
@wiblywoblywonder one of the course reps from AL said that they were looking for (more than likely) two classes of 6, one will go in January and the other in February.

As regards the day, 8:30 group got finished about 15:00 and the 11:00 group finished up about 18:30. FTE mainly are playing things by ear because not everybody will finish the PILAP at the same time and some other delays may occur. (Please don't ask what is on the PILAP, purpose of fairness).

@OfficerKite you should arrange a lift for after 6 sometime(if in at 11). You can always go for food in the college to kill time because you will be hungry. They're not many opportunities to get lunch throughout the day but if the opportunity arises definitely jump at it.

Apparently invites for the next round with AL in Dublin will be sent by 10th November (all going well).

Do your best everybody!:ok::cool: Best of luck.

Steveooo516
17th Oct 2014, 10:35
Can anyone who has done the assessment already clarify if we'll sit the PILAPT tests this time round? The invitation e-mail made no mention of them, but there was a section on it in the pre-test guide... Would be nice to have some clarity!

wiblywoblywonder
17th Oct 2014, 10:41
Unfortunately Steevo in the interest of fairness, I don't think anyone will be declaring what was on the tests. We didn't know the test contents before going in when we did it, so I don't see why people due for the assessment in the coming week should get that advantage.

Steveooo516
17th Oct 2014, 11:41
I'm not particularly bothered about knowing WHAT was involved with it, it would just help calm the nerves if I knew what to expect to be doing on the day.

If everyone was the same as me FTE sent out information on what we could expect... It just wasn't particularly clear with regards to aptitude testing

PPRuNeUser0207
17th Oct 2014, 12:35
@Steveooo516

There is nothing you can prep for "Aptitude" you either have it or you don't.
As always, they are looking to see if you can improve with each attempt.

You will be given full instructions and one practise before each segment, unfortunately it would be unfair to say what is on the test.:=

Best of luck.

Steveooo516
17th Oct 2014, 13:38
Thanks Jumpseat, I can only hope I'm one of the ones that have!

Hope it all went well for you.

Alexruk1
17th Oct 2014, 13:40
Were you referring to 160 were selected for this initial trip to Dublin, or this assessment whittles it down to 160 afterwards?

Cheers

PPRuNeUser0207
17th Oct 2014, 16:09
This is phase 3
There are 160 candidates in this round, however this number may be less if there are no shows.
2 groups of 8 per day for the duration of 10 days.

Shamrocks
17th Oct 2014, 17:26
Hi, I am not in until the last day and would like to know if you guys found out any more info or detail on the 25% you have to fund yourself? What where you told basically ? Thanks. PM me if you want.

PPRuNeUser0207
17th Oct 2014, 19:51
As regards the €25,000.
When you sign the training contract, YOU are responsible for paying 5 instalments of €5000 (€25000) to FTE and NOT aer Lingus.
For the first 3 years you will be paid a cadet salary, after which you will be on the same money as if you were a FO for 3 years.

Hope that helps, remember AL are investing a lot of money into you...

Airbus Airhead
18th Oct 2014, 07:10
Only 160 people got invited to the assessments? How many people were there in each group?

Beckenham_25
18th Oct 2014, 15:57
Hey guys I'm flying in from England for my assessments on the Friday 24th at 0830, if anybody fancies meeting the night before for a chat, drink etc let me know..

mackoi
18th Oct 2014, 18:58
Do you even read the posts?

This is phase 3
There are 160 candidates in this round, however this number may be less if there are no shows.
2 groups of 8 per day for the duration of 10 days.

PPRuNeUser0207
21st Oct 2014, 13:33
The wait for a yes/no is already killing me.

reeko
21st Oct 2014, 13:38
I know the feeling JumpSeat_M

I wonder when we will hear back??

7ate9
21st Oct 2014, 14:23
I went to the assessment centre last week and have had one finger on the refresh button every since expecting an email!
A torturous wait!

Ps this is my first ever post, I hope I've done it correctly, apologies if not!

PPRuNeUser0207
21st Oct 2014, 14:32
I was in last Thursday and they told me sometime before the 10th

7ate9
21st Oct 2014, 15:28
The 10th is the day on which the next stage will be held, right? I would imagine they would let us know a good while before that considering people may need to arrange travel arrangements etc.

I got the impression that it's possible we won't hear anything if unsuccessful which would be a bummer.

G-VCED
21st Oct 2014, 16:59
I reckon we're looking at next week at the earliest before any invites go out.

Still another 3 days of assessment to go.

reeko
21st Oct 2014, 17:11
You're right assessments are still ongoing until Friday.

It's likely that responses will be going out mid next week or even later.....:hmm:

Officer Kite
21st Oct 2014, 19:45
Was in today, let the dreaded wait begin :}

mackoi
22nd Oct 2014, 07:27
By the way, no rejection mail although I was not invited to Dublin.

PPRuNeUser0207
22nd Oct 2014, 10:37
If you're not assessed by Friday then you're probably not through :(

marcoBCN
22nd Oct 2014, 10:49
Mackoi check your spam folder

mackoi
22nd Oct 2014, 11:59
I do it every day, nothing so far.

Mmmmmm, don't tell me that I had been invited and I deleted the mail accidentaly :ugh: xxxDDDDDD, probably not ...

wiblywoblywonder
22nd Oct 2014, 14:11
Mackoi, if you're not from Ireland or the UK, it's unlikely you were invited for phase 3.

mackoi
22nd Oct 2014, 15:39
Yes, I guess. Just joking.

Officer Kite
22nd Oct 2014, 15:53
The one thing I do hope happens for the unsuccessful ones among us is that we're made aware of it asap. I couldn't bare being left on tenterhooks, I do find it ironic however that when selecting pilots communication skills are a top competency, yet the ones doing the selecting appear to lack in it :E

pineappledaz
22nd Oct 2014, 19:05
when selecting pilots communication skills are a top competency, yet the ones doing the selecting appear to lack in it

Get used to that. Unless you are useful and can be looked upon as a source of income then you will most likely be ignored.

Remember bean counters and HR people are the experts.

PPRuNeUser0207
22nd Oct 2014, 19:50
Because the numbers going through this time will be low they should be fairly prompt in sending out notice to successful/unsuccessful candidates.

7ate9
22nd Oct 2014, 19:56
Although they did say that they could very well recommend all 160 of us. There was no certain amount of applicants going through to the next stage if I remember correctly?

Officer Kite
22nd Oct 2014, 20:12
Just sit tight people

With regards HR, I'm sure if actual pilots were selecting cadets different people would get through. I don't think HR value passion and general desire to be a pilot as much as they claim to but none of us are gonna change anything so we have to play the HR game :(

G-VCED
22nd Oct 2014, 20:28
Just gotta sit back relax and what will be will be

aibkaresz
23rd Oct 2014, 14:18
Just got my PFO, for the 1st stage lol :)

Edit: not really a PFO, they are unable to process my application due to high popularity of the programme :)

mackoi
23rd Oct 2014, 15:05
Got my rejection mail. What does PFO stand for?

aibkaresz
23rd Oct 2014, 15:13
Rejection :)

Runner233
23rd Oct 2014, 22:19
So I was born in the UK and still a british citizen, but currently studying in America. Being stupid, I put my american address on the application form rather than my british one, I feel that may have been a large factor for not being invited to Dublin... 🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸

7ate9
23rd Oct 2014, 22:52
Anyone know what sort of weight each assessment area holds? I had
never done an aptitude test before and struggled slightly with that. I'm definitely over thinking the whole assessment day!

thowmas
24th Oct 2014, 11:05
7ate9 - I would say that everything has a fairly equal weighting however they will no doubt look at your suitability as a whole. I'm sure if you did great in everything else but scored low in one of the aptitude tests that wouldn't result in a definitive PFO. They are designed to be somewhat challenging and, as they said on the day, "these tests aren't perfect" so I very much doubt they will base their decisions solely on a poor aptitude performance. The only thing you can do is to try your best and to even get this far IMO is a great achievement. Good luck.

PPRuNeUser0207
24th Oct 2014, 15:40
To those who have received a rejection sorry to hear.
But were you guys call to the assessment stage?

Shamrocks
24th Oct 2014, 18:53
PIALP! 4x 10/10.
Smooth Interview with your one..
Numerical & Verbal the worst of the 4!
Group... sent the bride to be to Dublin!!

Let the Assessment Debrief commence Gents

PPRuNeUser0207
24th Oct 2014, 21:40
Complacency gets nobody nowhere shamrocks but I do hope you did as well as you say!

Officer Kite
24th Oct 2014, 21:57
I intially didn't want the bride in the jumpseat lol, my group had severe reservations about my idea so I changed my mind haha

PPRuNeUser0207
24th Oct 2014, 22:33
Just remember that group assessments don't have a right or a wrong answer :)

aibkaresz
25th Oct 2014, 09:41
Jumpseat: no, this was our first e-mail from FTE Jerez since submitting the online questions 1,5 months ago :)

Officer Kite
26th Oct 2014, 21:45
May I ask how others are coping with the wait :}
Initially I found it hard to not go through every single element of the day and think "I shouldn't have done that" ... "I should have said that", but I guess it's always going to be the case. I've actually forgotten about it quite a bit which I'm not entirely sure is the best thing to do lol

PPRuNeUser0207
27th Oct 2014, 01:19
Wait hasn't begun officer kite, bank holiday tomorrow so HR will be back at it Tuesday I'd say!

Personally I've been fairly on edge about it. I felt my application was strong and put a lot of hard work into my preparation so hopefully it gets recognised.

Just have to change my voicemail...:ok:

ETflyer
27th Oct 2014, 07:22
Hey folks,

Just to let you know how the FTE assessment process works. In order to be eligible for the final stages you must pass each test. If you fail any of the tests then FTE won't put you forward to the final stage regardless of how well you have performed in other tests.

In the aptitude tests you need to score a minimum of 5. This score is not the score you were given on the screen but a score they calculate afterwards. This score consists of your score on the day, whether you improved or not and the time taken to answer.

With regards to the written tests:
Verbal Reasoning: 60%
Numerical Reasoning is 70%
Numeracy is 80%
Maths & Physics is 80%

For the interview you need to score a minimum of 30/40 but I'm not entirely sure exactly how you get points/marks.

I hope this helps. Best of luck :ok:

taxistaxing
27th Oct 2014, 07:48
ETflyer, where do you get that from? My group was told there is no strict pass or fail at this stage. FTE send a spreadsheet to AL with results for all candidates across each aspect of the day and make recommendations based on this. Air Lingus make the final decision as to who is taken forward based on this.

ETflyer
27th Oct 2014, 08:03
Taxing,

I got it straight from the horses mouth. I spoke to FTE ant this is what they told me. They then make a recommendation to Aer Lingus based on the people who passed all the tests. Aer Lingus then choose the best candidates from this recommendation.

Phone FTE and ask them how it works and I'm sure they'll tell you the same thing.

:ok: best of luck!

funkyt111
27th Oct 2014, 08:58
Guys,

When I was in the application process for the BA FPP, a chap on pprune advised me to give FTE a call to find out my scores (once the invites and rejections had been sent out) and they told me near enough exactly the same thing. So I assume it would be the same for Aer Lingus.

taxistaxing
27th Oct 2014, 09:26
Thanks guys.

My info was from the Aer Lingus guys at the Q&A. Possibly some Chinese whispers going in there in terms of the exact process.

Best of luck all - fingers crossed we find out soon. :ok:

Officer Kite
27th Oct 2014, 14:32
If my memory serves me right I only got to answer 10 of the 15 numerical reasoning questions, just as i got the answer to the next one the guy said time over and I didn't want to risk being disqualified by marking my answer on the sheet :{ Oh how I hope this alleged 70% requirement isn't correct, I will be kicking myself for a good while if that's what it comes down to, I thought about just putting in my answer (which was definitely correct) but wasn't sure how they would take it considering the time had just run out.
Though we were told before these tests that they would rather see 14 questions correct out of 15 answered (assuming 25 q's) than have them all answered with 7 or 8 wrong. :ugh:

wiblywoblywonder
27th Oct 2014, 14:54
I got to answer all of the questions. But that doesn't mean I worked all of them out. I really had to work at speed and eliminate a few answers that were obviously not right and make my most intelligent guess from there without working them out and I'm pretty confident a good few of them are correct (but who knows). I couldn't have done them any faster but everybody will have their own hangups about how they performed.

The verbal reasoning test I found the hardest and found myself saying that most of the statements were incorrect rather than correct. it's really down to the individual's perception of what they consider as a true statement.

Anyone else struggle with the Verbal Reasoning?? There was no way enough time was alotted for that test :ooh:

7ate9
27th Oct 2014, 15:09
I struggled a lot with time too. I think it's so hard to gauge how well you've done in the verbal reasoning for that reason, everyone reads things differently and 3 people could come up with three different answers. I'm gutted to hear that we have to pass every test as I think the majority of the day went well, however the aptitude tests were a disaster. I would love to know how they calculate a score for those!

Officer Kite
27th Oct 2014, 15:19
I find the verbal reasoning tests very annoying, as wiblywoblywonder said people perceive things slightly different and to be honest I felt an awful lot of them were "can't say" as nothing of the sort was referred to, then ones I swear were correct were tied on with the ones that impossible to say anything about. All very tricky and to me somewhat pedantic but there you go. I do however wonder why FTE incorporate these tests whereas CTC and a few others don't and don't need to by the looks of their grads ? I don't mean to cause a thread drift though lol

wiblywoblywonder
27th Oct 2014, 15:28
I went with the view that if something wasn't specifically called out as being true it was a 'cannot say' or 'untrue'. Though some were easy such as throw away words like 'assume', 'in general', 'it is believed', 'it is estimated that'.... etc etc etc. These are untrue or cannot say as they don't specifically say something is true or false.

Anybody 2nd me on that ?!!!! :hmm:

wiblywoblywonder
27th Oct 2014, 15:30
But I can relate to what Officer Kite said as sometimes I had banked one a statement being defo true or false, then when looking at the multiple choice options that option wasn't there and throws your judgement or answer up in the air again :ugh:

7ate9
27th Oct 2014, 15:34
Yes exactly. The use of any of those words you mentioned means it cannot be said to be true.

wiblywoblywonder
27th Oct 2014, 15:42
I took the skeptical approach lol :rolleyes:

Officer Kite
27th Oct 2014, 15:47
Wiblywoblywonder, I would agree with you as "it is estimated" means it cannot be said to be definitely true. However having used the latestpilotjobs prep pack, this only confused me no end and I honestly still don't fully understand what is expected to be taken as "true", "false" and "cannot say"(or false in the FTE one). There were very simple statements like "It is estimated that ...", then in the answer choices it would say whatever the hypothesis was and ask if it was true, I would say cannot say as estimated isn't a definite "yes" or "no, I would later find out I should have put "true", this completely baffled me and many other cases like it.

7ate9
27th Oct 2014, 15:58
Luckily it's only a 60% pass mark for verbal reasoning! When do you think we'll realistically get our invitation/rejection emails?

wiblywoblywonder
27th Oct 2014, 16:13
Yes that Verbal one really is up in the air but I passed that test for CTC before without preparation so hopefully this one is the same. My estimate is Nov 10th - Nov 17th based on what they said so I won't be thinking about it until around then. Worrying or speculating won't speed things up!

At least the process is much faster this time around as the lads last year had months to wait I believe...

Officer Kite
27th Oct 2014, 16:22
I doubt we won't hear anything until at least the 10th on Nov considering that's the first date of stage 4 !

7ate9
27th Oct 2014, 16:30
Yeah the 10th is the next interview day you're right OfficerKite, so has to be before then. Especially as travel arrangements will need to be made etc.

PPRuNeUser0207
27th Oct 2014, 19:25
If you don't hear anything by the 10th your number hasn't come up!

EZY_FR
28th Oct 2014, 00:46
The FTE Verbal reasoning test is not the same as the one included in the latestpilotjobs.com package. You are given a paragraph and three statements. You are then given four choices such as "Statement I and II are correct" and so on and so forth.

reeko
28th Oct 2014, 09:05
Now that all the assessments are completed and that EI HR are back from their bank holiday weekend the real wait begins....

Fingers Crossed!

:hmm:

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 09:31
Surely if it's just a matter of marking tests and passing in the candidates who passed, it can't take that long. There were only 160 of us.

funkyt111
28th Oct 2014, 09:50
7ate9,

Although unrealistic, all 160 people could pass. FTE will give Aer Lingus the candidates that passed and then its up to Aer Lingus to decide which of these candidates they want to bring forward.

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 10:00
Ah ok, so Aer lingus could spend a lot of time deliberating on us. Having attended the assessment in the first week, this wait is killing me!

PPRuNeUser0207
28th Oct 2014, 10:15
That was the point of the passport photos. Stick us all up on a board and pick us off one by one!

Shamrocks
28th Oct 2014, 10:41
Damn it so JumpSeat_M.. I should not have let them take my passport pic during the verbal questions! :P
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Fca9YOOFIzU/hqdefault.jpg

Officer Kite
28th Oct 2014, 11:02
Do people reckon no news for the next week will be good news (as is common with other programmes) or is it expected AL will stick to their habit of only contacting the successful ones initially ? Also, does anyone know if feedback is given ? I would really like to know how my interview went and if unsuccessful why !, CTC wouldn't tell me the last time.

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 11:26
I'd like to think they'd let us know in due time if unsuccessful. Especially after forking out 250 euro, it would be a little insulting if we were left guessing.
I get the impression we can call and request information on our application as some of the others said earlier.

thowmas
28th Oct 2014, 11:30
Officer Kite - we were told at the Q&A session by FTE that no feedback would be given of any sort. Bit dissapointing really...!

Officer Kite
28th Oct 2014, 11:41
I don't recall being told that thowmas :eek: Well that is a shame, I just want to know where I'm going wrong as I've been messing up at the same thing (interview) a few times but I don't know what the exact issue is.

Shamrocks
28th Oct 2014, 13:31
Is the next phase just an interview with a HR person and a Captain or do we also have to do the aptitude tests that was done on computers in previous years on the day aswell ?

funkyt111
28th Oct 2014, 13:44
Just an interview and psychology assessment I believe... No aptitude tests.

PPRuNeUser0207
28th Oct 2014, 14:55
Interview, physiometric assessments and medical are the next few stages.

wiblywoblywonder
28th Oct 2014, 15:42
Of course a person can prepare for the Aer Lingus interview with HR / Captains, but my guess is the psychometric assessments / interview cannot be prepared for?

Anybody any views? :cool:

PPRuNeUser0207
28th Oct 2014, 16:14
No you can't prepare for the physcometric but you can be in the right frame of mind and get a good nights sleep!

thowmas
28th Oct 2014, 16:38
Yes definitely an interview with AL and a medical to follow. We were also told at the Q&A that an interview with a psychologist would also feature, but this could mean either a psychometric assessment (can't be prepared for) or a psychological interview (can be prepared for) - JumpSeat could you clarify they specifically mentioned psychometric?

Either way, they said that as they are using an external psychologist for the latter, rather than having to run these interviews every day (as that will rack up their costs having to hire a psychologist for a week+), this stage may feature after the round of interviews with AL; i.e. potentially just the top candidates will be then put forward for this final stage and this will run over a single day or two. I guess that would keep their costs down, however they did say nothing had been finalised and they were still trying to make final assessment arrangements. Watch this space...

reeko
28th Oct 2014, 21:20
I don't know about you guys but I am seriously worrying now because although some of you are saying they're pass rates such as 80% etc and that only those who pass will be put forward to EI. The FTE staff advised some to answer only why you can because it would be better to say this candidate got 30 out of 35 attempted rather than 30 out of 60 attempted....

Just my mind going into overtime mode I think but I really hope we hear soon.

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 21:39
My group wasn't given that advice. It's strange that they would give us different information, I rushed to finish every question and kind of regret that now!

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 21:41
And I agree Reeko, I'm dying to hear!

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 21:47
Thinking back, we were actually advised to make educated guesses rather than leave any blank which seems to directly contradict what you were told. I'm worrying now too!

Officer Kite
28th Oct 2014, 21:49
Reeko that is what I was referring to on the last page and my group were told the exact same thing. I can't handle this haha, what will be will be.

PPRuNeUser0207
28th Oct 2014, 22:04
I only guessed two of the physics questions which happened to be the last two. Luckily its my subject area so I'm hoping I was right.

7ate9 we were told the same about taking a guess. What day were you there?

reeko
28th Oct 2014, 22:07
I just hope it's good news for us.

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 22:11
I was there on 16th Jumpseat. You? In my opinion it's terrible that we were given such contrasting pieces of advice as if I wouldn't have rushed to complete the test and made those guesses.

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 22:14
*as if I was told otherwise
(Sorry part of my sentence was omitted whoops!)

PPRuNeUser0207
28th Oct 2014, 22:19
Same day and I was told the same at the 11 session.:ugh:

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 22:25
I was in the 8.30 session so we were in different groups. The lady who gave us the advice was being assessed by a senior fte guy and he didn't correct her which I'm sure he would have done, as he did give input on a couple of other occasions.

Officer Kite
28th Oct 2014, 22:33
I was told that they would rather see only a few answered with the vast majority correct than everything answered with many wrong, this was by the elderly gentlemen (8:30 session) who I believe was a very senior FTE figure.

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 22:37
Oh dear, that doesn't bode well for me then :(

Officer Kite
28th Oct 2014, 22:45
chin up everyone, we can continue to guess as to what they want but it really isn't going to make a difference. We took the risk of losing out by attending the assessment and did our best (in most parts anyway!), as Mohammed Ali once said, "those who don't take risks in life achieve nothing" (or something along those lines haha).

Best of luck to all, keep fighting ;)

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 22:49
You're right Officer Kite, we've done immensely well to get this far and what a fantastic experience regardless of the outcome. Positive mental attitude 😊

newb1112
28th Oct 2014, 22:54
I specifically remember the lady running our exam for our group saying that it was better to make an educated guess than to leave blanks. Also it was written on the top of the papers that they would not have 'negative marking' i.e points deducted for incorrect answers rather than leaving blanks.

Officer Kite
28th Oct 2014, 23:08
To quote what we were told, it was exactly ... "14 questions correct out of 15 attempted tells me a lot more than 14 questions correct out of 25 attempted".

I am not at all doubting what anyone else claims to have been told !

As I said, it really isn't going to make a difference, let's move on.

7ate9
28th Oct 2014, 23:17
The point is that it's FTE's mistake. Obviously they've given different groups completely different pieces of information which would certainly change your approach to the test. It's frustrating if having been given the wrong information, chances of success were dashed.

thowmas
29th Oct 2014, 03:09
I honestly wouldn't worry too much what they did or didn't say. By doing some homework and practicing everything they sent out beforehand, all of those tests were easily completed in less than half the allocated time (except for perhaps verbal reasoning). So whether someone hazards a guess or leaves a blank it doesn't really make a huge amount of difference as I imagine there will be a lot of top candidates scoring 100% across the board; they were really not very difficult if you'd put in the work beforehand. It did also say quite clearly at the top of the marking sheet that there is no negative marking and that a blank and a wrong answer both count as zero.

funkyt111
29th Oct 2014, 07:31
I have to say I agree with this. The numeracy and maths and physics, there will be candidates that are scoring close to 100% for sure. I think there was more than enough time to complete the tests. Best of luck though folks. I wouldn't beat yourself up about ifs and buts. What will be will be and I'm in no doubt that each and everyone one of us has given it our best shot. I'm guessing we'll hear back in the next 5 days.

:ok:

7ate9
30th Oct 2014, 10:08
Only 11 days until the next stage...getting impatient!

wiblywoblywonder
30th Oct 2014, 14:08
Is the 10th Nov actually when the next stage commences?! I thought that's when the results will be out. Did they actually say the next stage starts around 10 Nov? I though they said between the 2nd and 3rd week of Nov we would get results

EI-mech
30th Oct 2014, 15:21
Nov 10th is the first day of the next round of the assessment, according to the dates we were asked to select from in round 2.

7ate9
30th Oct 2014, 16:00
Yes, I feel they're leaving it a bit late to let us know!

wiblywoblywonder
30th Oct 2014, 22:10
One would expect an invite / rejection next week then.. I obv took them up wrong. Maybe different info for diff groups but I'm sure the AL captain there said we found find out results of the aptitude test between 10th and 17th Nov.

Oh well, not to worry, I'll go with what people are saying and be ready for the news for the
10th lol ))

Officer Kite
30th Oct 2014, 22:20
I would be very surprised if info about next selection dates were different, unless the captain got his words mixed up. The website has had the 10th since the first day of applications.

wiblywoblywonder
30th Oct 2014, 22:56
Ok, your information seems a lot more legit to mine, so the 10th it is lol... :)

Those who are saying they can't bare the wait I'd say spare a thought for last years group as the wait was months when the process was
direct through AL. This year the wait periods are reduced considerably which is impressive

G-VCED
31st Oct 2014, 00:02
I put Nov 11th or 12th for my preferential dates for the next level.

So would be hoping for some news tomorrow or early next week.

:cool:

dannye92
31st Oct 2014, 00:33
Got to the final 50 of this last time round and didn't even get an interview this time...luck of the draw I suppose?

Best of luck to everyone still in the race!

PPRuNeUser0207
31st Oct 2014, 13:37
I hoping emails go out this evening.
The main issue is can AL give everybody the required notice?

For me its not too much of a problem as I wont be working the proposed dates but they are leaving those who may have to make travel arrangements hanging on edge sadly.

Also the constant refreshing of me email account isn't helping the situation.

Speed_Alive_V1
31st Oct 2014, 13:53
Yes, hopefully we hear this evening.

It would be short notice for someone next week to schedule time off work and/or arrange travel etc.

funkyt111
31st Oct 2014, 15:25
I've just had an invite to the next stage folks. Best of luck everyone.

Officer Kite
31st Oct 2014, 15:35
Haven't received a thing, checked the junk too :sad:

reeko
31st Oct 2014, 15:36
Congrats funkyt111, how long is the second round running for?

thowmas
31st Oct 2014, 16:18
Yep also just got an invite earlier this afternoon..! Also reeko, this round will be running the week of the 10th November, that's the only details we got. Good luck everyone!

Speed_Alive_V1
31st Oct 2014, 16:19
Also got asked in just there.

Starts week of the 10th.

Best of luck all!

wiblywoblywonder
31st Oct 2014, 16:40
I'm in also, fantastic. I'm also having a night out tonight with work so it will make it all the more enjoyable.

I'd love to know how many are into the next phase and how many of the 160 have made it...

Officer Kite
31st Oct 2014, 16:41
Best of luck to everybody still in it.

Considering you all appear to have received an e-mail together it's fair to say those without one haven't been successful.

This is one very tough pill to swallow :(

thowmas
31st Oct 2014, 16:49
wiblywoblywonder - me too, would be interesting to know the stats!

Officer_Kite - don't give up hope just yet, I would definitely count yourself as still in the process until you hear otherwise or considerable time passes. Good luck.

Shamrocks
31st Oct 2014, 16:50
Just got the call to attend aswell !!!

Better buy a new tie! :D

31st Oct 2014, 17:23
hi guys,
I have not received an invitation yet and i am a bit worried.
For those you have received an invitation was by phone or email?
Do you know if all invitation have sent out already?

reeko
31st Oct 2014, 17:33
Can I ask if all those currently notified are for one day during the week or are they all different?

I know this may want to remain confidential, just curious...

thowmas
31st Oct 2014, 17:47
Reeko - no dates have actually been given yet - we have been told we will find out our assessment date in due course.

Officer Kite
31st Oct 2014, 19:35
Thanks thowmas, it's just that because of the weekend etc I highly doubt anything will be sent from now on. Just gotta take the hit and move on :ouch:

Best of luck to you all.

7ate9
31st Oct 2014, 19:36
Congrats guys...looks likes that's the end of the road for me. Gutted to say the least!

All the best to you lucky ducks through though :)

taxistaxing
31st Oct 2014, 19:48
Ditto. No cigar on this occasion!

Many congrats to all those still in process.

PPRuNeUser0207
1st Nov 2014, 00:39
Thankfully I have gotten the call and I am delighted to say the least.:D

Hard luck to everybody here who has shown such a good interest but hasn't been as lucky. Don't let it dampen the spirits as we may both be back at square one next year!

Very best of luck to everybody who has gotten the call up, we are all potential class mates now! :ok: (here's hoping)

Bungusbeefcake
1st Nov 2014, 12:16
Hey guys, can you tell me if it was it a phone call or an email???

fms_fail
1st Nov 2014, 13:38
Congrats to all who is proceeding to the next round. Its quite an achievement. The guys you will meet who are conducting the next stage are fantastic. They will be routing for you as much as you are for yourself! So just enjoy it! ..( Please don't ask me for further details on the process as i will not comment on it ). Well done to all again and for those who don't proceed any further please do not give up on your dream.

Alexruk1
1st Nov 2014, 16:40
Has anyone received a "no" email? Or are you predicting you are not successful because you haven't received a "yes"?

7ate9
1st Nov 2014, 17:47
I haven't received a rejection email. Wasn't the last assessment stage invites given out in stages?

wiblywoblywonder
1st Nov 2014, 17:48
Anyone any issues with registering and uploading CV?

wiblywoblywonder
1st Nov 2014, 18:47
For people through to next phase, are you uploading a cover letter to accompany the CV?

Steveooo516
2nd Nov 2014, 18:41
I haven't Wibly, I'd imagine if they wanted a cover letter for whatever reason, they'd have made it clear in the e-mail.

Some perspective for those interested, I visited the Flyer exhibition at Heathrow yesterday and spoke to the FTE guys there. I was told 45 have been selected for this final stage, and AL would be looking to take on 12 cadets.

I guess the numbers are always going to fluctuate a bit, but nevertheless those are good odds! I for one am delighted to have made it this far, and wish everyone else the best of luck. See you there!

Leezo
2nd Nov 2014, 19:17
Stevooo516, did the FTE guys say at the Flyer exhibition if all successful candidates had been notified? Still living in hope as I haven't heard anything as of yet!

thowmas
2nd Nov 2014, 22:12
Steveo, only 45 wow that's crazy!
I was speculating over those numbers for a while wishing I knew so it's good to hear! Good luck everyone, see you there!

wiblywoblywonder
3rd Nov 2014, 08:48
45? That's fantastic, a 1/3 to 1/4 chance. Depends if they hire more than 12.

Speed_Alive_V1
3rd Nov 2014, 10:45
Only 45?

That's a fair cull from 160!
Hopefully we hear today which day we go in.

Anyone any idea what the psychometric assessments will be like?

Leezo
3rd Nov 2014, 12:18
Steveoo, did the FTE guys say at the flyer exhibition if all successful candidates had been notified for the next stage? Haven't heard anything yet so still living in hope! Congrats to all those who have been successful!

Steveooo516
3rd Nov 2014, 14:15
Sorry for the delay getting back to you Leezo, the guy at the exhibition didn't mention anything about that, although I suppose nothing can be ruled out until you've heard one way or the other? Maybe they're keeping their options open incase all 45 are a load of rubbish :} There's still Virgin/BA over the next few months though so I wouldn't get too down about it if it doesn't work out!

May the best (wo)men win :ok:

Speed_Alive_V1
3rd Nov 2014, 15:03
I was speaking to HR this morning as there was a problem with my online account.

They mentioned we would get a call (she said call, not email) by Wednesday or Thursday to arrange an interview time.

And that they were flat out because of cabin crew interviews that are ongoing.

PPRuNeUser0207
3rd Nov 2014, 17:03
As regards uploading a cover letter I do believe you can only attach on document and it does specify CV.

AL have our cv's & cover letters from the DCU date as it was AL staff who collected everything!

See you guys there!:ok:

Steveooo516
3rd Nov 2014, 19:22
Good to know V1, I just hope flights and hotels don't get too expensive... I might end up getting a ferry and sleeping in a tent :uhoh:

Speed_Alive_V1
4th Nov 2014, 11:51
Hotels around the airport will nearly always be the same price, you'll get one of the airport hotels for €59 no problem even on the day.

I remember talking to a recent cadet who went through the process, and she mentioned EI paid for her flights at the final stages, so you never know!

I'm only a few minutes away from the airport so won't affect me fortunately (or unfortunately if there's travel included ;) )

Anyone any good info on the psychometric assessment?

PPRuNeUser0207
4th Nov 2014, 14:24
I'm expecting an exact time/date today so I can inform work!

Any word yet anybody?

Steveooo516
4th Nov 2014, 14:53
Just got my call, the nice lady gave a choice of dates and times! I've gone for the 14th (The latest one, more time to prepare :ok:)

She mentioned the available dates were Tue 11th - Fri 14th with slots both in the morning and afternoon, she also mentioned that the psychometric test would be at 13:00, not sure if that's just for me or if we'll all have them at the same time.

Anyway has anyone else gone for the 14th? I'm thinking of staying at the Radisson the night before as it's pretty much next door, and it would be nice to meet up with some of you before the day!

funkyt111
4th Nov 2014, 15:20
I have to say, I'm very confused. I received an email yesterday with an interview time and date on Monday at 9am with psychometric assessment at 1pm. I know someone else that received the exact same time. Could this just be for uk applicants? I've booked all my flights and hotel already so I hope it doesn't change.

PPRuNeUser0207
4th Nov 2014, 15:29
I haven't head anything since

Steveooo516
4th Nov 2014, 15:47
I suppose you can't go far wrong if you go off the times in your e-mail, I'm waiting on mine, I guess all will be revealed!

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the recruitment team was busy with Cabin Crew recruitment, which wouldn't surprise me. It'll all be over in just over a weeks time, scary stuff :eek: