PDA

View Full Version : GUBAR

SammySu
9th Sep 2014, 19:55
Evening, quick question for you all, this afternoon a Paris controller gave me direct GUBAR and then got a bit confused when I told him it wasn't in my FMS, or on my chart or on JeppView. He then gave me direct MAY so no dramas, however didn't GUBAR disappear a few years back when the airspace was reorganised? Am I going mad or had I flown into a time warp???! I was at FL260, northbound direct SOSUN at the time.
Thanks

zonoma
9th Sep 2014, 20:56
You are correct, it used to be GUBAR GURLU but that all got replaced by SOSUN for the LOREL arrivals and KAPEX/KESAX into Gatwick.

Funny how some of the old stuff can still kick in especially after a bout of annual leave.

Talkdownman
9th Sep 2014, 21:03
GUBAR appears in the UK IAIP in LFFF as depicted here:

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-6A173CFDF48671FEF8E58B0C8394EE92/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/ENR/AIRAC/EG_ENR_6_3_1_1_en_2014-07-24.pdf

…but GUBAR is not depicted on the SIA:

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/PDF_AIPparSSection/AIP%20FRANCE/ENR/6/1410_ENR-6.1.pdf

So Nats thinks GUBAR is still there, as well as Paris...

SammySu
9th Sep 2014, 21:38
Thanks for the replies, that NATS chart hasn't helped!

Talkdownman
10th Sep 2014, 04:09
Sorry. Tried to help.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
10th Sep 2014, 07:02
SammySu Sounds like the French bloke suffers from the same problem I had. It took me five years to stop saying "Report the outer marker"!

SammySu
10th Sep 2014, 20:14
Talkdownman, the reply helped a lot thanks, just that the chart that still has GUBAR on it muddys the water!

zonoma
11th Sep 2014, 09:12
The chart may still have GUBAR on but that is because it can never "die". Once a point has been created it will exist forever more, you cannot "move" a reporting point, if you do it has to be renamed. GUBAR is not on any airway or upper air route at present, in future resectorisations it may be reintroduced if the requirement is needed. It may be shown on the NATS charts however it is not on any of the S17 charts (which is the sector that controls that area) and is not to be used for any routing or given reference to for coordination purposes. The Paris controller made a mistake, you should never have been given that routing.