PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime UK PPL[H] to SEP PPL[A]

condor17
28th Aug 2014, 22:06
Hi guys , just had a stude turn up wanting to gain an EASA SEP PPL[A] .
He has a lifetime UK PPL [H] , expired rating . Does anyone off the top of their head know what grandfather rights he may have , re. ground exams and flying hours / lessons ? Or should he email HMS Belgano at LGW ?

Thanks in advance ,

rgds , condor .

dobbin1
29th Aug 2014, 03:02
Cap 804 section 4 part c is the place to look.

From memory a helicopter PPL should be credited with 10 percent of their PIC hours up to a maximum of 10 hours, and with passes in the common subjects:Air law, Human performance, Meteorology and Communications.

condor17
29th Aug 2014, 20:02
Dobbin , thanks very much for the 804 ref . Makes it much easier to have a starting point .

rgds condor

PittsSpecial
3rd Sep 2014, 09:31
I took a look at CAP 804... Confusing so I guess I'll contact the powers to be for an official answer in black and white. For now I'm just learning how to land a plane without trying to hover it. :-) Thanks guys. Condor, I'll catch up with you soon. Steve.

PittsSpecial
3rd Sep 2014, 10:03
In summary it looks like -

(c) Applicants holding a pilot licence for another category of aircraft, with the
exception of balloons, shall be credited with 10% of their total flight time as PIC
on such aircraft up to a maximum of 6 hours. The amount of credit given shall in any case not include the requirements in (a)(2).

Where (2) is - 10 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours of solo cross-country flight time with at least 1 cross-country flight of at least 185 km (100 NM), with full stop.

Also, Common Subjects -

(a) Common subjects:
— Air law,
— Human performance,
— Meteorology, and
— Communications;

So in theory these should carry over.

Steve

dobbin1
4th Sep 2014, 12:09
Where did you get the 6 hours from? It says 10 hours in section 4 part c.

d) Crediting. Applicants holding a pilot licence for another category of aircraft, with the exception of balloons, shall be credited with 10 % of their total flight time as PIC on such aircraft up to a maximum of 10 hours. The amount of credit given shall in any case not include the requirements in (a)(2).