PDA

View Full Version : 737 NG type rating

CasaBird
28th Aug 2014, 05:23
Good morning Evertybody,
Please can anyone show me how to practice on the 737 NG FMS, is there any link or website where i can practice, or is there any application that allows me to understand more about it, with possibility of CDU entries.
Thank you so much in advance!

CasaBird
28th Aug 2014, 05:30
Good morning,
I'm starting a 737 NG type rating shortly, can anyone give me advices about it, i'm worried, i've started reading the Fcom 2. What can i do, 3 weeks before the Type :ugh::ugh:?
Thank you in advance.

JeroenC
3rd Sep 2014, 22:02
Count backwards: FCOM1 is your bible. Know it. Dream it. Literally. Word-by-word. Rest will come later. Oh, and the memory items and non-normal manouvres (windshear, RTO, etc).

Amadis of Gaul
4th Sep 2014, 16:36
Biggest thing you can do before any training course is to relax. Your nerves are your biggest enemy.

Denti
4th Sep 2014, 20:04
The 737 is pretty straight forward although kinda old fashioned. As others have said above, relax, read the FCOM and enjoy the fact that you have to deal with some very good documentation on your future plane, not the crap airbus put together for their counterpart.

Armchairflyer
4th Sep 2014, 20:37
Not a useful flight sim arguably, but rumour has it the PMDG 737 for MSFS has a pretty accurate system emulation of the NG.

BARKINGMAD
9th Sep 2014, 17:52
Try reading Bulfer's excellent guide to 73NG FMS.

Full of good stuff, but will have you asleep before long if used for bedtime reading.... :)