PDA

View Full Version : Light plane down nr. Denham 25/05

skygazer
27th May 2002, 13:48
Anybody hear anything about this? - I heard of it through some locals, but they were a bit short on details.

distaff_beancounter
27th May 2002, 14:07
Unverified, but I heard that it was a PA28, operated by Lapwing Flying School at Denham.

Apparently, an engine failure, & forced landing, but luckily the 2 PoB walked away from it, with only minor injuries.

If so, well done that pilot.

skygazer
27th May 2002, 14:22
I've not heard of that flying school at Denham, but there were quite a few planes coming over Harefield on Saturday (which they're not really supposed to do according to the aerodrome plate) - it was fairly windy on the ground, so I would guess a few were blown off track. Hope you're right and everyone's OK. I suppose this will get the anti GA lobby on the warpath again.:(

CessnaEng
27th May 2002, 20:44
Engine failure at 400' - unable to reach runway and landed in fiel crashing into a tree. Aircraft apparently a write-off, Pilot and pax walked away but were admitted to hospital for checks. Pilot currently off work due to his injuries. Pilot normally flies a Europa.

essouira
28th May 2002, 20:30
Is lapwing the bbc school based at denham or is it a private group ? In any case, glad noone was badly hurt and hope the pilots recover soon.

VP8
28th May 2002, 23:09
They are a private group in the hanger next to The Pilot Centre
Glad to see everybody OK..

VEEPS

Bright-Ling
30th May 2002, 07:36
They were taken to Wexham Park in an RAF Sea King helicopter that had just arrived at nearby Northolt for its families day.

Hardly 'lucky' - but ironic.

Get well soon.

skygazer
30th May 2002, 09:01
That explains the bright yellow heli which caught a few peoples attention over Harefield High Street on Saturday then!! Glad the injuries weren't major.

piloteddy
30th May 2002, 17:24
Just seen a pic in the local rag and it was a PA28- G-BPAU

Glad to see all got out ok!