PDA

View Full Version : VICTOR CONTROL

concorde77
13th Aug 2014, 07:28
Hey there guys

I am a student pilot in the initial stages of flying . I am from india and appearing for my rt ( Radio telephony exam ) this time. I am confused regarding this term " VICTOR CONTROL". i my search on the internet but couldnt find any information. it would be good if someone could shed some light on this.
WHAT IS VICTOR CONTROL?
WHEN DO WE CONTACT THEM ?
INTERNET LINKS OF FOR INFORMATION REGARDING VICTOR CONTROL WOULD ALSO BE APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

DaveReidUK
13th Aug 2014, 08:08
Where have you encountered the term ?

chevvron
13th Aug 2014, 08:46
Is it a callsign used in India for the RTF (called FRTOL in the UK) written or oral exam?

Minesthechevy
13th Aug 2014, 10:24
I wonder if the speaker or author is referring to 'vector'; still doesn't make much sense without seeing it in context, but it's a bit more logical....

ZOOKER
13th Aug 2014, 10:35
It sounds like the fictitious name for an ATC ground-station, similar to 'Wrayton Control', 'Westbury' and 'Stourton', used in CAP413.

Minesthechevy
13th Aug 2014, 11:42
Concorde 77 - may I suggest that you X-post this in the Asia forum on PPrune? It's highly likely that there'll be some Air India etc pilots in there.....

chevvron
13th Aug 2014, 11:59
At Shawbury they use 'Cottam'.

ChickenHouse
13th Aug 2014, 13:07
Just a guess - a Victor Airway is typically an airway in airspace Echo (V from the guidance through VOR's), but I don't recall they have special frequencies to control that, maybe an ATC frequency for Victor airways? Some FAA guy from the US here to tell wether Victor is flown on INFORMATION, RADAR or some special frequency? Or maybe it is simply the training shortcut for "the ATC frequency handling the Victor airways" to avoid handover between ATC frequencies, when flying Victor.