PDA

View Full Version : Airbus GA route

melvan
24th Jul 2014, 19:27
Hello everyone!:)
Simple question, that bothers me.
During G/A phase, will aircraft complete active flight plan till last point (e.g. rw threshold) before entering a missed approach route?

Amadis of Gaul
25th Jul 2014, 23:27
Unless you tell it something different (by, say, selecting a heading), yes, it will.

Localiser
26th Jul 2014, 12:58
It depends on the software (CPIP) update is installed.

Prior to around MSN 4400, the standard was that on go-around, the lateral guidance automatically engaged in 'GA TRK' (go around track). This is the track that the aircraft was following at the time of the go-around (so may, or may not be correct in terms of runway track). The go around track will then be followed ad infinitum until another lateral mode is engaged (i.e. NAV or HDG). The FMA in this case will annunciate MAN TOGA|SRS|GA TRK.

With the latest software (or standard on newer aeroplanes ie. MSN 4400-ish onwards), the lateral mode will be NAV. As it suggests, the AP will follow the missed approach that is coded in the navigation database. Which will of course have been checked for accuracy prior to, or during the briefing phase. The FMA in this case will annunciate MAN TOGA|SRS|NAV.

Hope this helps.

FlightDetent
26th Jul 2014, 23:02
Interesting question. Allow me to rephrase...

The older airplanes will go to GA TRK, and once you push lateral on FCU, engage NAV. The newer aircraft (or modified accordingly) will go to NAV straight away.

Now, once in NAV, will it continue along the FPL trajectory, or jump immediately to first MA waipoint (blue on ND)? Assume the first MA wpt could perhaps be 800+ with a right turn to a heading.

I am inclined to believe, that indeed the lateral guidance will follow the programmed FPL-A sequence all the way to MAPt and only then follow the GA track. However, I am unable to find a definitive answer in the manuals as of now.

Cheers,
FD.