PDA

View Full Version : FAA Biennial flight review in Brazil and Argentina

ymenaissy
6th Jul 2014, 22:57
I wanted to ask where are FAA CFIs in Brazil and Argentina to do a Biennial flight review. TIA.

themagicman00
17th Jul 2014, 17:10
I'm a CFI in Argentina, the only issue is...need to find a N registration aircraft in order to do your review.

MartinCh
18th Jul 2014, 01:42
http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/527029-faa-flight-review.html

Other than potential issues with Argentine or Brazilian ANAC/CAA regarding 'instruction' of someone without local (C)FI, I don't see reason only needing N-reg.

Or is neither of the pilots involved licensed at least at private level (+valid medical) to be able to be designated PIC of the flight/rental/aircraft loaned?

themagicman00
19th Jul 2014, 03:53
I'm pretty sure the FAA CFI must do the review on a N registered aircraft. I had a student get a check-ride for a SEL commercial ticket with a FAA Inspector in Argentina not too long ago.

ymenaissy
22nd Jul 2014, 03:42
Im positive that the FAA BFR doesnt have to be on an N registered plane, because a friend of mine did it before. The only required thing is that at least the CFI or the other pilot must have at least a valid Licence to fly the plane in this country as a PIC. Please tell me if you are in Buenos Aires or not and where exactly. Send me ur e-mail or telephone if possible. TIA.

themagicman00
26th Jul 2014, 16:58
I'm in Lima right now, i do have a commercial ticket here. I spent 2 weeks a month in Buenos Aires (Palermo), still in the process of
Converting my ATP to a TLA, extremely painful process.

Massachello
14th Aug 2014, 13:38
I'm a CFI and I live in curitiba.

antranik
15th Dec 2015, 13:43
I live between Uruguay and Argentina and have a N register aircraft. I need to gat a flight review done. Can it be done in Buenos Aires or Montevideo? Is any of you willing and able?
Thanks. Martin.

You can email me at [email protected]