PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Express

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Turkpilot
20th Jan 2017, 03:56
Turkpilot. I can assure you that at HKE, you will have minimum money and maximum BS. Don't jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Do you work there now?

mngmt mole
20th Jan 2017, 04:14
I work in HK, and know of what I speak. There is NO aviation job in HK that now pays enough to have a decent lifestyle, and NO aviation job in HK that provides a livable schedule. You will regret coming here.

kolob666
20th Jan 2017, 16:32
You are right, a young single captain will be able to do quite well at HKE. An FO With 1 or two kids will barely get by. A captain with one or two kids who lives a very conservative lifestyle might manage to save 1.5 to 2 k us per month. That is a very conservative lifestyle though.

Turkpilot
21st Jan 2017, 12:47
If your taking home after tax 16,500 usd each month, and you can find a place in Tung Chung, or Lantau for 2500 USD, then why would you only be able to save so little???

MENELAUS
21st Jan 2017, 13:20
You're not taking home 16.5 large a month for one thing. After tax ?

KeepinItReelHK
22nd Jan 2017, 01:21
Is it possible Hainan controls Pprune as well?

Anyone coming to Hong Kong, you should have read the posts from CX and KA boys&girls, so let me try to give you a briefing again.

HKExpress.
F/O with less than 1500 Jet Time: total package 56'250HKD/month
F/O with 1500<Jet Time<3000: total package 75'250HKD/month
F/O with more than 3000 Jet Time: total package 85'250HKD/month

Captain with less than 3000 Jet PIC: 114'000HKD/month
Captain with more than 3000 Jet PIC: 124'000HKD/month

That is up to 50hrs/month guaranteed.
From 50 to 60 hrs, F/O gets 500HKD/hour, Captain gets 800HKD/hour.
60 hours and above, F/O gets 650HKD/hour, Captain gets 1000HKD/hour.

3 levels of bonus, F/O average 60'000HKD/year, Captain 100'000HKD/year.

MPF 1500HKD/month (yes, one thousand five hundred dollars only) same for everyone.

No inflationary compensation, no increase whatsoever with the years of service. Loyalty is NOT rewarded.

28 days of Annual leave, take in blocks 8 days or more you get 4 days to travel.

No tickets back home. No Commuting. Annual Leave at the sole discretion of the GMF. Terrible most basic medical insurance by BoC. No school allowance.

F/O upgrades to Captains - 6 per year on average. Now there's 100 F/O in this company, do your math. The Director of Operations will even tell that nowhere have you signed to be upgraded to Captain.

Yes you can fly 100 hours/month and make a lot of money, but on average you can only fly 900hrs/year, so do your math on your average salary.

Cathay Dragon C-scale F/O year 1 compared to HKE Captain, having all the goodies in mind, makes only 10% less. And I haven't even started on Annual Leave.

Expenses in Hong Kong:
Housing: 25'000 - 40'000 (single or family) for anything decent.
Utilities: 4'000 - 5'000
Food: 10'000 - 20'000 (family or no family)
School: 8'000 - 13'000 (per kid, depending on the school and kids age)
Maid: 5'000 (and if you have a family you do need one in HK)
Tax: 15% if you're single, 10% if you have a family
Inflation: 4% per year

You still haven't gone out and had a beer with your friends, or paid the tickets back home.

If you're a single F/O and living modestly, or a single Captain just living OK, you could be saving some money. F/O on these terms will be struggling to get by, Captain on these terms will NOT be saving any money (or you could be saving zero anywhere else in the world, let's say your own country).

Anyone coming here will realise after a few months something is wrong.

Pilots have had enough. Turnover is 25%.

You do fly around 70 hours/month and you do it in 12 days, plus 4-5 standbys.

Everything else is below standard.

You have been warned.

volare_737
22nd Jan 2017, 02:49
Quick question. Do you guys thing 30K for a decent place on South Lantau is enough ? Whats your monthly living expenses for an older ( haha - no kids anymore ) couple with a normal lifestyle. Maybe Dinner once or twice a week, not drinking really, and otherwise just normal daily live !!! Any figures would be great !! Thanks all !!!

KeepinItReelHK
22nd Jan 2017, 05:31
Quick question. Do you guys thing 30K for a decent place on South Lantau is enough ? Whats your monthly living expenses for an older ( haha - no kids anymore ) couple with a normal lifestyle. Maybe Dinner once or twice a week, not drinking really, and otherwise just normal daily live !!! Any figures would be great !! Thanks all !!!
PM me. I'll give you a all the expenses.

Turkpilot
22nd Jan 2017, 19:08
I do agree with what you said. I was thinking that at 70 hours per month plus the bonus divided by 12 would be me at 150,000 HKD per month.

I'm married so not sure what my tax rate would be.

Those expenses , well my buddy found a nice place for 20,000 per month. Eating out will kill you no doubt about it. But 4-5000 a month for utitltes? That's insane!!

So after it's all said and done I would be lucky to save 10,000 USD per month.

I figured it would be nice to be rated on both Airbus and Boeing as I am still in young 40s.

Compared to back home, Frontier airlines starts you at 39 usd per hour which means your paycheck would be about 2500 a month take home USD the first year. 3 year upgrade and even then captains are barely making it over 100,000 USD per year

So which is truly better?

Maybe I should go back to mainland. All the 737 guys making well north of 20 grand a month. But also I like an easy schedule too.

I don't need the money so badly. What I'm trying to say is I'm neither rick or poor.

But the issue (having spent 7 years there I know what I'm talking about) is the mainland bs one needs to deal with from ATC to smoking copilots to ridiculous micromanagement at times from the company.

Try flying everyday with a young guy in the jumpseat and it gets soooo tiring in a 737.

You mentioned 70 hours in 12 days??? Or maybe I didn't read that right but It seems the pilots get decent blocks of time off.

Heard they might get 330 one day

singapore.snake
23rd Jan 2017, 03:19
A word from us, the Management:

Turkpilot, let us give you a few words to calm you down.

We have recognised Hong Kong as being the most expensive city in the world, so we found a solution.

We have started building a pilots' compound very close to the airport, where pilots will be able to live for a small deduction on their salaries. They will share their room with another pilot of their choice. There will be wifi on every floor, also bathrooms and kitchen to be used freely.

This will improve the feeling of 'brotherhood' and will improve CRM.

As we know you have some strings from your past lives (wife, kids, etc.), we will allow visits to the compound once per year during period of our choice.

Soon you will realise this is the way aviation should be, when you start getting that fuzzy feeling of the days you were prepared to 'fly for food'.

If you are not a true aviator, we do not need you to join.

Thank you for your time

Turkpilot
23rd Jan 2017, 16:25
A word from us, the Management:

Turkpilot, let us give you a few words to calm you down.

We have recognised Hong Kong as being the most expensive city in the world, so we found a solution.

We have started building a pilots' compound very close to the airport, where pilots will be able to live for a small deduction on their salaries. They will share their room with another pilot of their choice. There will be wifi on every floor, also bathrooms and kitchen to be used freely.

This will improve the feeling of 'brotherhood' and will improve CRM.

As we know you have some strings from your past lives (wife, kids, etc.), we will allow visits to the compound once per year during period of our choice.

Soon you will realise this is the way aviation should be, when you start getting that fuzzy feeling of the days you were prepared to 'fly for food'.

If you are not a true aviator, we do not need you to join.

Thank you for your time

Awesome! Sign me up man! Just make sure to have free popcorn and vending machines. Ya know poor pilots live on Diet Coke and ramen noodles

Ecam321
24th Jan 2017, 02:55
Keepingitreelhk said it perfectly:

"Anyone coming here will realise after a few months something is wrong."

So so true, people commit there lives to this place moving family's half way round the world, they come full of optimism. And after a few months that optimism has been drained out of them and they realise they have made a mistake but it's to late.

The management here both from operations and T&I (HR) are at war with each other. And each department in its own right is mismanaged with individuals just building empires for themselves, unwilling to change the airline for its employees benefit.

Small things could be done at HKE that would not cost money but would help the life of the individual but they literally do not care. The only hope for HKE employees is that pilots leave, pilots cannot be recruited, aircraft get delivered then parked because there are not enough pilots to fly them. Then the management might drop there arrogant stance and pay attention.

Until then.......

Dan Winterland
24th Jan 2017, 10:00
Was flying with a guy today who's leaving HK. Just can't make it work now he has a baby. He's now feeling very claustrophobic in his 500sqft apartment, and he can't save for the future.

See The most expensive cities to live in 2017 - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/23/architecture/2017-most-expensive-cities-hong-kong/)

Trafalgar
24th Jan 2017, 12:11
The sad thing about the above is that he probably joined CX with the intent on making it a career and dedicating his working life to the cause. Instead, due to greedy, short term focused and incompetent management, he is now leaving. It sickens me to realise that the money THROWN AWAY on fuel hedging would have provided a full housing allowance for every C scale pilot. :(

volare_737
24th Jan 2017, 12:16
As a matter of interest. I was under the impression that the airlines in HK pay a housing allowance. Not really relevant to this page, but does CX not pay any ??? And if they don't , surely you know that before you start . I see there is apartments in South Lantau around 100sq meters fro around 30K.

Joker89
24th Jan 2017, 21:50
Was flying with a guy today who's leaving HK. Just can't make it work now he has a baby. He's now feeling very claustrophobic in his 500sqft apartment, and he can't save for the future.

See The most expensive cities to live in 2017 - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/23/architecture/2017-most-expensive-cities-hong-kong/)

Can I ask if they were an FO or SO?

Comparing the HKE captain package with that of a CX SO is not a fair comparison.

dmitryhkgsu
25th Jan 2017, 11:14
Colleagues, can anybody tell about medical check in HKG? Is it same strict as in mainland China?

Dan Winterland
25th Jan 2017, 12:53
Can I ask if they were an FO or SO?

FO............

volare_737
26th Jan 2017, 00:48
Are there any HKE Captains on here , who are enjoying there live in HK / HKE ? Really would like to hear some positive thoughts !!!

Natca
26th Jan 2017, 01:44
If it was enjoyable you'll never have the time off or money to enjoy it.

Turkpilot
26th Jan 2017, 03:15
If it was enjoyable you'll never have the time off or money to enjoy it.

Looking at my friends rosters I would have to disagree

volare_737
26th Jan 2017, 07:02
To the guys who say they never got any time off please help me out with my calculations.
HKE does not really have any short legs in the 30 min to 1 hour region like for example Air Asia has. So if you fly 6 - 7 block hours a day, one would do 50 -70 hours in 10 days !!! Can you guys explain whats wrong with that !!! That still gives you many days at home, either on reserve I guess or off.

Docfly
26th Jan 2017, 07:10
Dmitry. The HK CAD medical is based on the old UK CAA one. It is thorough but not like the mainland Chinese medical.

singapore.snake
26th Jan 2017, 07:10
Turkpilot, we see you have the correct mindset.

We like pilots who are visionaries, who can see more than meets the eye.

You show that even though you are not in Hong Kong nor you're working for HKE, you know the situation better than these sorry whiny losers.

You are exactly what we are looking for.

Contact me today on my mobile, I'm sure it won't be a problem for you to find it.

Turkpilot
26th Jan 2017, 11:37
Turkpilot, we see you have the correct mindset.

We like pilots who are visionaries, who can see more than meets the eye.

You show that even though you are not in Hong Kong nor you're working for HKE, you know the situation better than these sorry whiny losers.

You are exactly what we are looking for.

Contact me today on my mobile, I'm sure it won't be a problem for you to find it.

Not sure what relevance this has to do with obtaining info about this company. I know your obviously joking. Some of us are just trying to decipher through what's true and what's bs

kolob666
26th Jan 2017, 23:07
Keepingitreal, has posted a very accurate account of the situation. The only inaccuracy I think is the food budget, for a family of 4 it's closer to 30k.

kolob666
1st Feb 2017, 10:59
The most telling thing is that things are so bad at HKE that Hainan has had to impose a restriction of 6 months resigned from HKE before you can apply to HKA because so many crew have requested transfer.

volare_737
1st Feb 2017, 12:44
I seem to repeat myself. But once again, I would like to know form an HKE Captain and not from an FO as I really understand there financial shortcomings, on how they feel about the situation at HKE. Are there any Captains on here ? The ones I have spoken to personally seem to be enjoying live in HK !!!!

kolob666
4th Feb 2017, 06:33
The silence is telling.
It's not the worst job in the world, just the worst in the region, certainly in Hong Kong.

bluesidedown
5th Feb 2017, 00:50
Hi everyone

So I've read all the posts and I'm well aware of the cost of living in HK. If anyone has a recent interview experience can they pm me? Much appreciated!

singapore.snake
5th Feb 2017, 09:15
You don't have to worry about the interview.

What we care about is your attitude.

We have set the bare minimum accepted by any insurance group: 3000 hours total and 500 in command. If you're applying for first officer position, your hours don't matter, we have to teach you how to fly from scratch anyway.

We don't ask any technical questions, because we assume that you as a type rated pilot know all the answers. We expect the same if you're hired as well - this is why we don't need to do any real training - you are a pro and you know your stuff.

We don't do any real personal interview. We just want to know if you're willing to move to Hong Kong on these terms and conditions. We assume you are a smart individual who has done his research, and knows the standard you will be living here.

We don't do any real sim assessment either. We assume you as a type rated pilot would know how to fly this airplane. We therefore check only this fact - you need to take off, do a few turns to the left and right, and land safely.

There ARE two requirements though:
1. You NEED to be able to find our office and say in ENGLISH language: I AM A PILOT.
2. You NEED to sign the contract on current terms and conditions.

These two conditions are the tricky part, because they contradict each other: you need to be smart enough to learn that sentence by heart, and be the exact opposite to sign that contract.

Oooops did I just say that...? I meant: it takes a top gun to satisfy all these conditions.

volare_737
6th Feb 2017, 00:35
I some times wonder what the mental age of some of the guys on here really is ??? Properly some guys who never really had it hard in live and think the world always owes them something !!!!

pfvspnf
6th Feb 2017, 01:20
Seriously , can't imagine what it would be like flying with some of these people.

Let people make their own choices and if you are unhappy with yours , pack your bags and ...

volare_737
6th Feb 2017, 02:53
Exactly pfv

Turkpilot
6th Feb 2017, 03:41
Exactly pfv

It's difficult getting a real answer when kids take over the computer....

The only negative thing I can see so far is the money

kolob666
6th Feb 2017, 05:34
Just that small insignificant issue, money....

bluesidedown
6th Feb 2017, 06:55
thanks Snake, very clever. Anyone on here that works for HKE want to PM me? I'd be interested in having a chat. I've lived in Hong Kong for 4 years so I know the costs but I'd like to know some more about the schedule, how crews are getting along in the cockpit and crew/management relations from a pilot currently working there.

CodyBlade
6th Feb 2017, 07:52
The 'Singapore Ssssnake' handle is perfect.

bluesidedown
9th Feb 2017, 18:46
So nobody on this thread works for HKE?

lkcmss2000
12th May 2017, 05:21
Hi can someone share a bit more on the interview lately?thank you

yoyo320
12th May 2017, 19:41
hello guys
I'm set on an interview by the end of may
any tips that can help will be highly appreciated

thank you all

lkcmss2000
16th May 2017, 10:14
yoyo320 when is your interview?

yoyo320
16th May 2017, 16:21
yoyo320 when is your interview?

End of May .... are you also invited ??

lkcmss2000
17th May 2017, 05:59
End of May .... are you also invited ??

Yea man can i pm you?

BBN RADAR
18th May 2017, 07:23
Does the company protect their investment...?

What investment? All the aircraft they're getting are brand new, and come with training credits from Airbus. Costs them nothing to type rate someone...

However, There is a 3 year pro-rata bond of $30,000

airdualbleedfault
19th May 2017, 01:01
Bonds are not enforceable in Hong Kong, just saying. They've been putting that in the contract for at least 10 years and it can't be enforced

yoyo320
21st May 2017, 23:14
me 2 guys ...I guess I will see you there ..may the odds be with you gents

yoyo320
24th May 2017, 21:09
Sorry to hear that ,,, what brings me here is even a much worst company ,,, I don't have much choices ,,, I will just have to take this till something else opens up
I heard they are now doing some upgrades ,,, is that true??

HH Chan
25th May 2017, 03:49
Heard their sim check is not easy as the "two guys" doing the check are very stringent...

25th May 2017, 10:18
Surely this thread now belongs in the Wannabe forum???

Raw data0504
31st May 2017, 07:58
any one here invited for June end screening for captains ?
Thanks

yoyo320
4th Jun 2017, 03:03
I missed the interview .. hopefully i will get a reschedule
Any one made it to the 31th May interview???

Cheers

gundam
5th Aug 2017, 08:24
Hi guys and gals! I just got offered a position at HKE.
I want to know if things have improve or anything to watch out for. Do they pay on time and how much does an FO fly a month? Thank you.

At the moment you can expect 60 to 70 hrs a month, but it depends. Lots of pilots are leaving due to no upgrade, and more aircraft are coming, therefore you can expect to fly more in the future

gundam
5th Aug 2017, 08:28
Wanted to know about this opportunity

Are successful applicants bonded or have to pay for part (or all) of the type rating ?

Many people joining either HKE or HKA via this way ?

If you apply to both companies be careful. If one calls you for interview, automatically you are out from the other. And I will strongly suggest HKA instead of HKE, above all if you are aFO and willing to be upgraded one day.

gundam
5th Aug 2017, 08:29
To the guys who say they never got any time off please help me out with my calculations.
HKE does not really have any short legs in the 30 min to 1 hour region like for example Air Asia has. So if you fly 6 - 7 block hours a day, one would do 50 -70 hours in 10 days !!! Can you guys explain whats wrong with that !!! That still gives you many days at home, either on reserve I guess or off.

Yes, you get many days on stanby, then you are not called of course, but you never get more than 10 days really off

gundam
5th Aug 2017, 08:33
Colleagues, can anybody tell about medical check in HKG? Is it same strict as in mainland China?
No it's not. In HK the doctor asks you if you feel good, just say yes and you pass your medical

gundam
5th Aug 2017, 08:36
Keepingitreelhk said it perfectly:

"Anyone coming here will realise after a few months something is wrong."

So so true, people commit there lives to this place moving family's half way round the world, they come full of optimism. And after a few months that optimism has been drained out of them and they realise they have made a mistake but it's to late.

The management here both from operations and T&I (HR) are at war with each other. And each department in its own right is mismanaged with individuals just building empires for themselves, unwilling to change the airline for its employees benefit.

Small things could be done at HKE that would not cost money but would help the life of the individual but they literally do not care. The only hope for HKE employees is that pilots leave, pilots cannot be recruited, aircraft get delivered then parked because there are not enough pilots to fly them. Then the management might drop there arrogant stance and pay attention.

Until then.......

I guess it's really close to happen then... for what I heard from friends

Jebat320
10th Aug 2017, 03:33
Not sure if this is relevant, I'm an ATPL holder with 2000++ hours on the A320. Invited for an interview. However, I'm not too sure if they'll take in guys without a current IR. I haven't flown for a year and a half now.

Jebat320
11th Aug 2017, 05:46
Thanks for your reply. Sorry still new to the forum not quite sure how it works. Splendid! So do I have to sit for all the ATP papers?

HH Chan
11th Aug 2017, 11:57
Sorry but I don't want to use my mail, although I left the company I don't want to be identified and I don't know who you are.

As per your question, in the past years they have recruited many pilots who were not flying for some time, so it should not be a problem for you. Once in HK , you have to do the exam to obtain the HK Atpl and then you will be using that for flying

So why did you leave? Am sure you can share since you have left HKE?

BBN RADAR
16th Aug 2017, 05:59
They are losing lots of FOs due to a few reasons:

1. They get 90%+ of their captains as external direct entry, which means time to command can be as much as 7-9 years! A lucky few have got it in 2.5-3.5 years, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Plan on 4-6 years to be realistic. Just recently they interviewed 40 of their own FOs for command assessment and apparently only deemed 4 worthy. Go figure.

2. They have a strange and incredibly unfair pay scale in place that sees turbo-prop captains with thousands of hours of multi-crew PIC getting paid significantly less than inexperienced pilots with 1500 hours right seat on a Lear Jet.

3. The package on offer is the worst in HKG.

DUSKY DOG
16th Aug 2017, 07:41
:ooh:Its for the Filipino's

gundam
16th Aug 2017, 08:10
So why did you leave? Am sure you can share since you have left HKE?

Because of the command upgrade policy, too many direct entry captains

kolob666
28th Aug 2017, 20:01
Steer clear of HKE, this should be a last resort for Hong Kong. The worst in Hong Kong and on a downward trajectory. The majority of pilots are looking to bail at this point.
Fair warning

azhkman
29th Aug 2017, 00:52
If it means anything, I overheard a few HKE pilots on the bus from the terminal to Tung Chung debating if they would even finish their contracts. My guess is the pay would be ok in your home country, but they did not expect to have the costs that they do in HK. It makes perfect sense.

I've mentioned it before, but I will again (prices in HKD):
- Housing: Minimum 20k for original condition in CC in Tung Chung 3bd/2ba, a new 1 bedroom in Century Link, minimum 14k
- Schools: You're not an HK/HKPR so minimum 7k for full day starting at age 2, this is the low end
- Eating Out: A nice pub meal, minimum 300 for two people assuming 1 adult beverage each
- Groceries: Buying imported, or from China. If imported, 30 for a cucumber, 60 - 100 for a medium quality steak, etc... It'll run out fast.

If you're a local, and can live with your parents, it may be ok.

Strewth
6th Sep 2017, 07:02
UO thinking widebodies (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hk-express-ceo/budget-airline-hong-kong-express-expects-to-add-widebody-aircraft-to-fleet-idUSKCN1BG1F7?il=0) Reuters 050917

kolob666
11th Sep 2017, 12:24
HKE is officially a mainland company. They have just issued a highly modified contract to their pilots without any consultation, nor has the current term of the contract expired. The HKE contract is worth about as much as 3 squares of toilet paper.

volare_737
12th Sep 2017, 00:58
What has changed in the new contract ?

Toruk Macto
12th Sep 2017, 02:04
Must be improvements , surely !

Buzzdrivr
13th Sep 2017, 11:26
not really. You can be dismissed if they think fit, and made it harder to leave if you had enough. Shame if this is legal at all!

TheGreenDragon
19th Sep 2017, 11:42
HKE is pummelling Cathay Dragon again and again .
The sad truth is that KA's lack of vision and expansion a few years ago has cost it dearly. The Swire's are getting angsty about their babies lack of development.
http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Aviation-Pilot-Recruitment-News-Item/7709/HK-Express-Achieves-93%25-Load-Factor-in-August-2017

Below the glide
24th Sep 2017, 01:44
Not true from what I have heard. HKA is struggling with crew, becaus lots of them have left for Emirates and Etihad for a FO or DEC position.

Quite an interesting remark. They all want to come back. They discovered the greener pastures were all replaced by artificial ski slopes.

Luibar
24th Oct 2017, 17:32
3 levels of bonus, F/O average 60'000HKD/year, Captain 100'000HKD/year.

Is this on the contract?

autopilot3
24th Jan 2018, 11:40
Hi, is there anyone applying to UO recently?

raven11
24th Jan 2018, 13:52
Icarus...

Seriously? Are you saying that the bonuses are not discretionary?

volare_737
25th Jan 2018, 04:33
I believe there is two types of bonuses. One is fixed and one is company performance based.

volare_737
27th Jan 2018, 22:46
What are the 3 problems then ?

Luibar
29th Jan 2018, 20:43
It would be interesting to learn what were those 3 problems...

Aviator008
6th Feb 2018, 12:30
Based on what I've been reading here about HKE it doesn't sound to be much of happy place. Has anything change? Ive got an interview in a few weeks. How are the salaries calculated based on experience?

jetjockey696
7th Feb 2018, 12:49
I think Hong Kong is not a happy period.. it expensive for all (housing, schooling, medical, taxes, bad pollution, alcohol etc) only thing great in hong kong is that cigarettes are expensive, overall not going to get much for your buck..the people are mostly grumpy, rude and 80% highly strung.. melting pot, all the 3 airlines are both the same.. for job enjoyment.

HH Chan
7th Feb 2018, 14:05
Based on what I've been reading here about HKE it doesn't sound to be much of happy place. Has anything change? Ive got an interview in a few weeks. How are the salaries calculated based on experience?

they are not so forgiving with their sims check rides..goodluck

Aviator008
8th Feb 2018, 12:53
I noticed i wasn't sent any profiles or procedures for the A320 sim assessment and I'm Non typed. Do they expect me to use my current company profiles or general A320 profiles?

volare_737
8th Feb 2018, 23:55
They give you a briefing before the Sim on what and how they going to do it. Nothing out of the ordinary ! Only problem obviously is the side stick if you never flown a bus before.

airdualbleedfault
12th Feb 2018, 09:36
Pull back on the side stick, houses get smaller, push forward, houses get bigger. Remember this and you will be a HKE gun :ok:

pfvspnf
14th Feb 2018, 13:00
Was a bonus paid ?

Ecam321
14th Feb 2018, 23:13
Yes 1 month descretionary bonus paid

dste24
26th Feb 2018, 01:11
I noticed i wasn't sent any profiles or procedures for the A320 sim assessment and I'm Non typed. Do they expect me to use my current company profiles or general A320 profiles?

Hey, I’ll be going to the non-typed interview as well. Find out any more valuable information about the sim portion?

RedEyeGuy
3rd Mar 2018, 20:03
First post here. Just wanna hear any feedback on this.
If they're hiring or not, total time required, rosters, benefits, airline culture and of course... salary....

HH Chan
4th Mar 2018, 11:27
First post here. Just wanna hear any feedback on this.
If they're hiring or not, total time required, rosters, benefits, airline culture and of course... salary....

where u from? Eu, USA?? Asian?

RedEyeGuy
4th Mar 2018, 13:54
where u from? Eu, USA?? Asian?

Asian. 4000 320 FO time.

yellowcontrails
5th Mar 2018, 06:23
What's the pay like? Enough to enjoy at least 2 cups of instant noodles a day?

BBN RADAR
6th Mar 2018, 13:41
Your queries about salary are answered within the first 5 pages of this thread.
Too difficult? Don’t bother applying.....

TurningFinalRWY36
7th Mar 2018, 04:02
What's the pay like? Enough to enjoy at least 2 cups of instant noodles a day?

From what I can tell, Second officers at CX are earning more than an FO at HKE

Apple Tree Yard
7th Mar 2018, 04:30
And neither airline will be able to keep their pilots. The exodus is underway.

WeelardPassord
7th Mar 2018, 05:54
hey dste24, whens your interview? I have an interview with them also .

can you PM me

Thanks

Aviator008
7th Mar 2018, 11:31
Hey, I’ll be going to the non-typed interview as well. Find out any more valuable information about the sim portion?

Hey just that a briefing will be given prior to the sim portion about what's expected. When is your assessment? My own is march 14

act700
23rd Mar 2018, 02:38
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/65588-hna-group-airasia-group-in-talks-over-asset-sales

AirAsia Group Chief Executive Officer, Tony Fernandes, says the Malaysia-based budget carrier holding has discussed possible acquisitions with HNA Group.

In an interview with the Nikkei Asian Review, Fernandes said he had met HNA co-founder and Chairman Wang Jian and spoke with him about possible cooperation between the sides, adding that he "for sure" would consider acquiring unspecified businesses from the ailing Chinese conglomerate.

On whether AirAsia Group was interested in acquiring HNA Group's interests in Hong Kong Express (UO, Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok) and Hong Kong Airlines (HX, Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok) Hong Kong Airlines and Hong Kong Express, which are owned by HNA, Fernandes said, "We are always interested in whatever opportunities go our way." He went on to highlight that discussions with Wang have so far not been about airlines in Hong Kong specifically.

HNA Group has been disposing of its various assets as well as equity in its operations as a means of raising liquidity to meet debt repayment deadlines.

According to Bloomberg News, Hainan Airlines Holdings is planning to sell some of its office buildings and hotels in Beijing and Shanghai to cover its maturing debt. The carrier holding has a total of nine properties up for sale, with an estimated book value of CNY14 billion yuan (USD2.2 billion).

Among the assets for sale include the Shanghai NHA Tower, the Shanghai Yangtze International Enterprise Plaza, and the Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel.

Luggage
23rd Mar 2018, 18:14
Pull back on the side stick, houses get smaller, push forward, houses get bigger. Remember this and you will be a HKE gun :ok:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA:ok:

tony the jesus
12th Apr 2018, 22:05
How does the salary at HK Express compares with Honk Kong Airlines?
I heard that the life at HK Express is not that bad compared with HKA due to less layovers and less flying days. Anyone care to give some inputs?

Larry David
16th Apr 2018, 22:11
Hi guys, can anyone at HK Express give us an idea of the rosters? eg. Layovers if any?

kahaha
18th Apr 2018, 22:32
The last post could be a cut & paste from life on the A320 at Cathay Dragon .

Seems HKE and KA have much in common regarding rostering. And crew appreciation. Or lack of.

mngmt mole
19th Apr 2018, 14:26
Another useless management, with no idea of the chaos they will soon be dealing with. All the HK airlines are management by morons. They will soon realise just how difficult it is to have aircraft operate without pilots. They deserve the misery they will create for themselves.

Killaroo
19th Apr 2018, 18:09
A HKE CAPT was in the Labour Court today suing them for constructive dismissal.
Best of luck to him.
They never learn. Abusing pilots is in their nature.

Turkpilot
20th Apr 2018, 01:16
Been there more than a year. First of all, living in HK sucks. Everything that everyone said on this forum about the high costs, small apartments, etc. but my biggest issue personally is there is just way too many people. Way too many. Taking the buses and trains with the way they drive them makes you feel like a ping pong ball and that too becomes tiring.

I’ve been going to HK for 7 years but this is the first time I actually lived there. Maybe I need more time who knows.

I can tell you this about HKE. Training is horrible. CAE has so many differences between what they do and what HKE wants.They could care less about airmanship, common sense, or stick and rudder. As long as you can be s robotic monkey, act like a parakeet, and sing the FMA changes you’ll be fine.

There is no line training here just checking and your expected to know all the paperwork, SOP, etc perfectly from day one. If you don’t believe me then come here and you’ll see.

I knew what the pay was and the schedule before coming here so I won’t mention this but what I didn’t know is just how bad the training is and how many people are let go during line checks for very minor things.
Very pedantic here, robotic and a crap environment. Now, once you get past the line check then it’s peaches and crepe in as far as the crews you work with.

The pay needs to come way up, the schedule needs to get better with more days off, and then this would be a good job. Right now it sucks

Killaroo
20th Apr 2018, 08:51
Turkpilot, the crowds are getting to me too. It’s worse at certain times of the year, and lately (Easter?) it was especially bad. Most often it’s worst around major holidays, especially the Chinese holidays, when mainlanders flood into the city.
For people who have never experienced the daily human crush it might seem a trivial complaint, but the longer you stay the more it grinds you down. You just can’t escape the shoving, the pushing, the blocking, the endless chattering of a million voices wittering on in an alien language. The ignorant self centred behaviour which you eventually come to realise is deeply symptomatic of their utter disregard for the rest of humanity. That’s THEIR coping mechanism. To them - nobody else exists. They are alone in a crowd, day dreaming, weaving randomly, staring at their phone screen, diving out of doorways into your path. They never give way. Never ‘filter through the traffic’. There’s no ‘pardon me’ or ‘excuse me’ or ‘sorry!’. They hold their ground, they’ll walk through you if you don’t step aside. They’d step over you if you dropped dead on the floor.
The worst part is you eventually start to act like they do. It’s the only way to make progress down a street! By pushing back. Give them the evil eye. A fit of hoarse coughing and sneezing works a treat - they’re all hypochondriacs and they’ll run a mile from your germs.

Anyone planning to work in Hong Kong should read this Blog. Have a good dig around. It’s hilarious. But sadly, all too true.
https://ihatehongkong2.wordpress.com/2017/07/09/please-welcome-our-guest-speaker/

Turkpilot
20th Apr 2018, 09:47
Spot on. They never hold the door for you. Walking in the MTR is a hazard because these local zombies can’t walk without staring at their phone so they wind up smacking into me all the time. I got to the point I dodgeball and just slam my way into them with no “excuse me” to try to teach them life doesn’t exist on an iPhone. OMG thr language. I’m not sure which is worse Cantonese or putonghua but my god the way they talk gives me a migraine. Their are only two levels of volume here, OFF and EXTREME. Yes, they are extremely non spatial oriented, there is no one else in the universe except them.

bmw216gt
20th Apr 2018, 13:18
A HKE CAPT was in the Labour Court today suing them for constructive dismissal.
Best of luck to him.
They never learn. Abusing pilots is in their nature.
well..wat did he do wrong? always two sides of a story

bmw216gt
20th Apr 2018, 13:23
Been there more than a year. First of all, living in HK sucks. Everything that everyone said on this forum about the high costs, small apartments, etc. but my biggest issue personally is there is just way too many people. Way too many. Taking the buses and trains with the way they drive them makes you feel like a ping pong ball and that too becomes tiring.

I’ve been going to HK for 7 years but this is the first time I actually lived there. Maybe I need more time who knows.

I can tell you this about HKE. Training is horrible. CAE has so many differences between what they do and what HKE wants.They could care less about airmanship, common sense, or stick and rudder. As long as you can be s robotic monkey, act like a parakeet, and sing the FMA changes you’ll be fine.

There is no line training here just checking and your expected to know all the paperwork, SOP, etc perfectly from day one. If you don’t believe me then come here and you’ll see.

I knew what the pay was and the schedule before coming here so I won’t mention this but what I didn’t know is just how bad the training is and how many people are let go during line checks for very minor things.
Very pedantic here, robotic and a crap environment. Now, once you get past the line check then it’s peaches and crepe in as far as the crews you work with.

The pay needs to come way up, the schedule needs to get better with more days off, and then this would be a good job. Right now it sucks
mm..i remember you sometime back about getting into HKE. Life's took a change eh buddy? Well..hope it will work for you. Your point about people let go for minor things in line checks? you mean get sacked??

Killaroo
20th Apr 2018, 15:47
well..wat did he do wrong? always two sides of a story

You’re right. I heard he didn’t kiss ass hard enough. So he deserved it.

Killaroo
20th Apr 2018, 15:58
Spot on. They never hold the door for you. Walking in the MTR is a hazard because these local zombies can’t walk without staring at their phone so they wind up smacking into me all the time. I got to the point I dodgeball and just slam my way into them with no “excuse me” to try to teach them life doesn’t exist on an iPhone. OMG thr language. I’m not sure which is worse Cantonese or putonghua but my god the way they talk gives me a migraine. Their are only two levels of volume here, OFF and EXTREME. Yes, they are extremely non spatial oriented, there is no one else in the universe except them.

I remember my first trip to London after a significant stretch working in Hong Kong. I was in Covent Garden, a quite busy part of the city. I had a strange feeling I couldn’t at first put my finger on. Then I realised what it was.....the unusual absence of a few hundred raised voices assaulting my ears! No wittering chattering background roar. And the street was easy to pass down. No pushing or shoving. Just calm and civilised behaviour.

It’s funny how the ‘little things’ you once took for granted in life become so much more significant once they’re gone.

Freehills
21st Apr 2018, 00:06
the endless chattering of a million voices wittering on in an alien language.

Technically, it isn't an alien language, it is an official language of HK (along with English)

Gnadenburg
21st Apr 2018, 00:47
Right now it sucks

WTF did you expect? You came to the world's most expensive city as a low cost pilot on a low cost contract.

You live as a lower middle class local reliant on public transport. I'm guessing you have inadequate medical coverage and insurance too? Do not get sick ! Hong Kong is an awesome place to live if you have money and scrape out some work-lifestyle balance.

At the moment, you are exploited labour and you are undercutting those who are here on contracts delivering just under what the profession deserves.

Killaroo
21st Apr 2018, 02:28
Technically, it isn't an alien language, it is an official language of HK (along with English)

It’s alien to me.
And probably you too.

backtothegrindstone
21st Apr 2018, 02:50
IT IS HONESTLY NO BETTER AT CATHAY

You just have to deal with jet lag on top of everything and sleep in small apartments too. Time to check out of HK and head back down under!!!!!!

Killaroo
21st Apr 2018, 04:08
At the moment, you are exploited labour and you are undercutting those who are here on contracts delivering just under what the profession deserves.

Mate, no offence, but you need to cop on - the good old days are over. It’s not PILOTS who are under cutting your contract. It’s a new business model called Low Cost Carriers that have done that. No point whinging at the pilots forced to accept the ****ty deal on offer. For many of them it’s this or nothing.
If you think you can roll back the evolution of the industry be my guest, good luck to you.

Air Profit
21st Apr 2018, 06:07
Well, in the US the industry is improving pay and benefits dramatically. The same dynamic of shortage of pilots will eventually effect the same elsewhere. In the meantime, an individual is still better off heading back home and joining one of their majors, as the rate of expansion, first world labour contracts and a more stable career path far outweigh any attraction (!) at CX. And that is exactly what is happening, as QF is just one example where hundreds of CX pilots are deciding they can't miss the greatest hiring boom that airline has ever witnessed, and don't want to be left behind.

hyg
21st Apr 2018, 07:02
It’s alien to me.
And probably you too.

ever consider learning the language? you do realise you are talking about a language which most local uses right?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Killaroo
21st Apr 2018, 09:55
ever consider learning the language? you do realise you are talking about a language which most local uses right?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Cantonese? Not even the Mainlanders want to speak it. The CCP want to kill it. Besides which, its a difficult and unpleasant language, to learn, to speak, or to listen to. The world is not beating a path to the door of Cantonese, mo men tai. Why bother.

Incidentally I know many Chinese pilots working in Hong Kong who have limited Cantonese. I also remember the SCMP doing an article last year where they quizzed the locals in a park on their reading and writing skills, and found a shocking level of illiteracy in the written word.
No wonder. Its an unwieldy niche language. Eventually to RIP.

Dragon Pacific
21st Apr 2018, 10:55
Learning Cantonese is about as useful as learning Welsh.

Gnadenburg
22nd Apr 2018, 02:20
Mate, no offence, but you need to cop on - the good old days are over. It’s not PILOTS who are under cutting your contract. It’s a new business model called Low Cost Carriers that have done that. No point whinging at the pilots forced to accept the ****ty deal on offer. For many of them it’s this or nothing.

If you think you can roll back the evolution of the industry be my guest, good luck to you.

Well it could be a long conversation.

Now I was chatting with a few LCC pilots at immigration in KL the other day. Maybe Lion or Malindo. They said the money on offer with HKG LCC's was aplenty for Asian people. This was both the Capt and F/O.

So people are accepting the pay without professional due diligence. As evidenced above.

You are existing in Hong Kong. You are not paid enough to have a life. You are complaining about public transport and population density because you are not paid enough to have a car or cars nor live in comfort. You complain about the local language, because you are not paid enough to integrate. You can't afford middle class local friends because you aren't paid enough to entertain or do the abundance of entertaining things this city has to offer.

It makes me furious. My boss tells me I'm overpaid because of the conditions your colleagues are accepting. I like Hong Kong. I like my life. I come on here and see the low cost guys living in sorrow like local van drivers. Go ! It seems a pitiful existence living in Tung Chung- and what if you or family get sick in this town? Surely you'd be either ruined or denied suitable care.

hyg
22nd Apr 2018, 05:26
Learning Cantonese is about as useful as learning Welsh.

You are probably right, but there are still about 100million people able to speak it and you are living in a city where 90%+ local speak that....

wongsuzie
22nd Apr 2018, 08:56
Anywhere north of Shenzhen hates the Canton culture and language

Killaroo
22nd Apr 2018, 15:48
Well it could be a long conversation.

Now I was chatting with a few LCC pilots at immigration in KL the other day. Maybe Lion or Malindo. They said the money on offer with HKG LCC's was aplenty for Asian people. This was both the Capt and F/O.

So people are accepting the pay without professional due diligence. As evidenced above.

You are existing in Hong Kong. You are not paid enough to have a life. You are complaining about public transport and population density because you are not paid enough to have a car or cars nor live in comfort. You complain about the local language, because you are not paid enough to integrate. You can't afford middle class local friends because you aren't paid enough to entertain or do the abundance of entertaining things this city has to offer.

It makes me furious. My boss tells me I'm overpaid because of the conditions your colleagues are accepting. I like Hong Kong. I like my life. I come on here and see the low cost guys living in sorrow like local van drivers. Go ! It seems a pitiful existence living in Tung Chung- and what if you or family get sick in this town? Surely you'd be either ruined or denied suitable care.

You still don’t get it. Like King Canute trying to order the tide to turn as the sea washes over him.
Look mate - the thing is they do leave. All the time. They come for a new experience, hours building, a free type rating, an upgrade, a training qual, or a retirement fund top up. Lots of different reasons. Then, when they get them, they leave. And another Joe Soap arrives to replace them. Rinse and repeat.
The arrangement seems to suit HKE/HKA, or they’d do more to stop it. But they clearly believe it’s cheaper to constantly be training new people than to retain their existing crews on higher T’s&C’s.
To be honest I think they couldn’t pay me enough to stay in HKG after I get what I want from it. It’s fun for a while alright, and you don’t need to be a millionaire to get your kicks. But eventually you start to miss things like clean air, clean water (straight from the tap), safe food, room to roam, wide open spaces, the beauty of nature in your homeland, a nice house on a piece of land of your own, personal transport and somewhere to go in it for a weekend, the company of your countrymen and your own language and culture, friends and family, oh, and a decent employer who doesn’t treat you like **** because the law and culture doesn’t allow it...all that normal stuff.
So yeah, I’ll leave you to enjoy HKG’s curious charm and I’ll shake the dust from my shoes when I go. There’ll be another adventurer along to replace me in a minute. That’s your misfortune.

Killaroo
22nd Apr 2018, 15:55
You are probably right, but there are still about 100million people able to speak it and you are living in a city where 90%+ local speak that....

I speak the International language of Aviation - English.
Fluently.
That’s all I need.

cxorcist
22nd Apr 2018, 21:36
I speak the International language of Aviation - English.
Fluently.
That’s all I need.

Lest we forget that Hong Kong was a British colony not so long ago. English has benefitted Hong Kong as much as (probably more than) Hong Kong has benefitted English speaking expats.

Captain Dart
23rd Apr 2018, 01:51
You still don’t get it. Like King Canute trying to order the tide to turn as the sea washes over him.

A common misconception. The legend goes that Canute got his over-zealous followers to take him down to the seashore to show that he did NOT have the power to turn back the tide.

Maybe there is a message there still.

turbine_ranger
23rd Apr 2018, 02:20
It sucks to be middle class in Hong Kong, it's that simple. The cost of living and the political status make it one of the unhappiest places in the world. Especially for people coming from the top tier countries (aka English-speaking world), finding themselves away from home, stuck in the same class with some of the most miserable people on earth, I understand the frustration. You can still have a good life there if you make a decent living, but unfortunately it doesn't happen to the people in this industry anymore. There are many bright people in Hong Kong, but being in the middle class, along with millions of other angry locals, you are not likely to meet them. There are nature reserves, but you are probably too overworked to learn about where they are. The only image of Hong Kong in your brain is how the company treats its staff, so you choose not to assimilate and adapt. Once you get off on the wrong foot, everything else that follows will most likely turn out negative. Of course people don't care, because what makes you more important than they are, and the millions of others that are struggling to afford a place to live. Of course they are fixated on their iPhones, because reality sucks. Being middle class in Hong Kong is like being lower class in many other countries. Yes, it's sad, but what can we do, that's just how their society works. You'll see problems in any culture anywhere you go. All I can say is, there are far worse places out there in the world (where you probably wouldn't even lay eyes on). It's a living hell for some people. But for those coming from certain places in Southeast Asia or South America, it's paradise. Nobody forced anyone to accept the job when you could simply say no to the Ts & Cs in the beginning. I'm not a big fan of the Cantonese language myself, but if you've lived somewhere for years and the local language still sounds alien to you, I feel sorry for you. Let's remember, Hong Kong is one of the very few places in Asia where you can get by just fine with speaking only English. We seem to sometimes take that for granted as well. It is all up to you to put it into perspective. And I hope everybody eventually reaches his/her ultimate goal in the industry. Cheers.

Killaroo
23rd Apr 2018, 04:44
This thread has drifted well away from the subject. But living in Hong Kong is part of the job, so people should be aware of the conditions. It’s not about ‘moaning’, it’s background info they should have. I’m sure it won’t make a whit of a difference to most people who choose to come, because their focus is on just getting a job. They’ll decide to just suck it up for a few years, as most do. In a weird way the best thing about the poor T’s&C’s in HKE is you probably won’t plan to make a career in such a company - unless you’re from one of those abysmal countries that make HKG look like paradise. Or if it’s already your hometown.

You can comfort yourself by contemplating not just the abused Middle Classes, but look at the wealthy. They must spend millions of USD to buy a ‘luxury’ flat and enjoy the view of the concrete jungle they live in. A larger more gilded cage is still a cage. I know ‘poor’ people back home whose quality of life is far superior to that of Hong Kong’s ‘rich’. If the numbers in your Bank Account are all that life means to you - enjoy your life in Hong Kong.

Gnadenburg
23rd Apr 2018, 05:34
Millions of USD for a flat is the middle class. A useful point of clarification.

A low cost pilot in Hong Kong is probably working class? Even by Marxist definition !

Freehills
23rd Apr 2018, 06:36
Glorious CX chairman just bought a 280 sq m flat - (so 3000 sq ft) for 120m HKD - 15.3m USD

"middle class" in HK is Quarry Bay. 600 sq flat there just sold in March for 9.7m HKD - 1 1/4 m USD.

A hotel room is normally 300-350 sq ft...

bmw216gt
26th May 2018, 14:25
I am an ex CX SO on A330 attending an interview with HKE for NTR FO on A320. Any tips on the interview recently?
why leave cx??

mngmt mole
26th May 2018, 14:56
CX. The graveyard of aviation careers. Thats why.

wagon007
28th Jun 2018, 04:03
Anyone know how is the Right to Left upgrade situation in HKE?

Turkpilot
28th Jun 2018, 09:32
Anyone know how is the Right to Left upgrade situation in HKE?

They are failing them so much these days. Its the WORST training i have ever experienced. No training, just checking. They take a sheet of paper, and start writing down all your mistakes so at the end it becomes a total ****e sandwich. The most negative training environment i have ever had the "pleasure" to be in. Im done with this mickey mouse excuse for an airline.

wagon007
28th Jun 2018, 14:17
They are failing them so much these days. Its the WORST training i have ever experienced. No training, just checking. They take a sheet of paper, and start writing down all your mistakes so at the end it becomes a total ****e sandwich. The most negative training environment i have ever had the "pleasure" to be in. Im done with this mickey mouse excuse for an airline.
Is it that BAD? :oh: How long is the queue to get into the WORST training If I have around 4500++ on the bus. By the way, thanks for the info Turkpilot

Turkpilot
28th Jun 2018, 14:29
Is it that BAD? :oh: How long is the queue to get into the WORST training If I have around 4500++ on the bus. By the way, thanks for the info Turkpilot
They failed a guy on the line check who has 9000 on the bus. He passed 2nd time around. There are some real bad instructors there. The most negative training environment i ever experienced. They have had close to 20 people put in notice to resign within the last month!

wagon007
29th Jun 2018, 05:25
Surely not!
Sounds like a potential example of an atrociously unchecked Flight Operations management team; “lead” by some of the industries most laughable and notorious incompetents you will encounter ever, anywhere in your career?

Could only be a mythical scenario; where you have, say, a senior flight ops manager, encumbered not only with a personality disorder (narcissistic tendencies, delusions of competence, personal insecurity etc), who despite holding an “illustrious” TRE certificate, can’t even open an aircraft door (whilst dubiously “assessing” someone on behalf of the regulator...) without deploying a slide narrowly missing ground staff?
This would only be one but example of this mythical individuals long list of dangerously incompetent antics whilst holding a gifted seat of authority; like, using a busy ATC ground frequency to issue instructions to company aircraft, stating his/her managerial title over the airwaves, applying and insisting on pilots using his/hers personal “techniques” that contradict the manufacturer - some of them downright dangerous, a list of reportable incidents as PIC..
You can you imagine the culture if he/she weren’t alone in their scarily delusional self proclaimed positions of respected authority?

If there were a place where the acumen at the top is represented by such an appalling lack of professionalism, one could presume the crew training and mis-guided understanding of “standards” may be derived from their own insecurities; given their worldwide reputations...?

I doubt such a place exists, it’s the modern age.

were u with HKE before? how long were u there? did they kicked u out? cheers to your point of view, really need them :ok:

Turkpilot
29th Jun 2018, 07:16
Surely not!
Sounds like a potential example of an atrociously unchecked Flight Operations management team; “lead” by some of the industries most laughable and notorious incompetents you will encounter ever, anywhere in your career?

Could only be a mythical scenario; where you have, say, a senior flight ops manager, encumbered not only with a personality disorder (narcissistic tendencies, delusions of competence, personal insecurity etc), who despite holding an “illustrious” TRE certificate, can’t even open an aircraft door (whilst dubiously “assessing” someone on behalf of the regulator...) without deploying a slide narrowly missing ground staff?
This would only be one but example of this mythical individuals long list of dangerously incompetent antics whilst holding a gifted seat of authority; like, using a busy ATC ground frequency to issue instructions to company aircraft, stating his/her managerial title over the airwaves, applying and insisting on pilots using his/hers personal “techniques” that contradict the manufacturer - some of them downright dangerous, a list of reportable incidents as PIC..
You can you imagine the culture if he/she weren’t alone in their scarily delusional self proclaimed positions of respected authority?

If there were a place where the acumen at the top is represented by such an appalling lack of professionalism, one could presume the crew training and mis-guided understanding of “standards” may be derived from their own insecurities; given their worldwide reputations...?

I doubt such a place exists, it’s the modern age.

Yeap, unfortunately what you said is 100 percent true. I am told he actually crashed a few planes in the outback before and has the most FOQA at the company especially for the way he taxiis. Napoleon syndrome for sure. He is definitely not well liked and now I can see why.

bmw216gt
12th Jul 2018, 12:02
It looks like the environment in Hong Kong Express is not the best at this moment.

Maybe to avoid leading to a new mass cancelation of flights (again), they are refusing to provide their own pilots with the flight hours certificates required before you resign / join a new company. ( I am even not sure if this kind of policy is allowed ).

Anyway, be careful if you join Hong Kong Express, you might not be able to leave.

In regards to the upgrades: as far as I know, the initial promise was to upgrade around 24 FO's this year, and it looks like this number ATM is about 2 or 3 only, and all of them got extension of training when they check with their lunatic GMF.

I also heard that the upgrade policy is terrible, there is no training, only checking. And it looks like there is some kind of dispute with Airbus' manuals in their operational philosophy. Failing rate is high, about 80%. Some FO's are there for almost 10 years and still haven't had a chance for their upgrade. How is that possible? I don't know.

The rotation rate is very high, I knew a guy who stayed in HKE for less than a year, and another one that resigned during the training, they couldn't keep up with all the BS in there.

Good luck
Well surprised with such situation. Any firm facts on these? or merely rumours?

A350HK
24th Jul 2018, 00:58
Their careers site was down for a while, seems it’s still not up.

Apparently applications can still be sent via email

Careers site has been down for a while now. If you click on the "join us" part it just directs you to jobsdb.

DesertStorm512
24th Aug 2018, 18:39
Hi! First time posting in pprune... very interesting information over here... did anybody applied for NTR lately here? How long they usually take to answer after you sent all the information? Thanks in advance!

wagon007
27th Aug 2018, 04:15
Hi! First time posting in pprune... very interesting information over here... did anybody applied for NTR lately here? How long they usually take to answer after you sent all the information? Thanks in advance!

120 days for me

volare_737
27th Aug 2018, 04:50
120 days seems long. FO's at the moment are doing close to 100 hours a months. They do need new guys fairly quickly, especially type rated !!!

DesertStorm512
27th Aug 2018, 17:18
120 days for me

Thanks for the info, hope it is less! 120 seems too much if they are needing pilots fast... I am not type rated though...

radical_100
5th Oct 2018, 02:20
Latest news from HKE - work environment, salaries etc for FO & Capts with plenty of time on the bus? Any info is appreciated, thank you.

avoka
18th Nov 2018, 18:02
Hi guys
Does anyone have any info regarding TR captain's income for HKE?
Please PM to me
I will appreciate it greatly
---
safe flights

hijack
21st Nov 2018, 04:57
From a reliable source from the company itself. To shed the recent light of whats happening in this company, so people who are applying may have a second thought if this is the company you really want to work for.
About 3 years ago, a pilot from vietjet, Anthony Ortolan applied for HKE for the post of flight safety technical manager. Many pilots on the line doubt he was even qualified to fly airbus. A few weeks ago, he was being investigated for forging fake airbus hours on the left hand seat and as well as Gulfstream. Anthony quitted the job and left hong kong overnight. The company has not inform the Civil aviation department of hong kong, hoping it will wither away. Rest assure it will appear in the hong kong news.

unstableapproach
21st Nov 2018, 09:42
Sorry to burst your bubble hijack. Also from inside the company, CAD was informed last week immediately upon discovery

Coastrider26
21st Nov 2018, 10:02
So WHAT was reported to HKCAD the fact a postholder left the company or the fact he lied about his flying capabilities?

Cool banana
21st Nov 2018, 14:49
e[/Originally Posted by hijack https://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (https://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/542843-hong-kong-express-21.html#post10316102)
From a reliable source from the company itself. To shed the recent light of whats happening in this company, so people who are applying may have a second thought if this is the company you really want to work for.
About 3 years ago, a pilot from vietjet, Anthony Ortolan applied for HKE for the post of flight safety technical manager. Many pilots on the line doubt he was even qualified to fly airbus. A few weeks ago, he was being investigated for forging fake airbus hours on the left hand seat and as well as Gulfstream. Anthony quitted the job and left hong kong overnight. The company has not inform the Civil aviation department of hong kong, hoping it will wither away. Rest assure it will appear in the hong kong news.QUOTE]

[QUOTE]https://hk.linkedin.com/in/anthony-ortolan-4bb54872

View Anthony Ortolan's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Anthony has 4 jobs listed on their profile. ... Current. HK Express. Previous. Small Planet Airlines,; VietJetAir,; NetJets. Education

He has reappeared back in Vietnam this time as DFO for Bamboo Airlines..

pfvspnf
21st Nov 2018, 15:17
Th LinkedIn profile of this guy is no longer available

ROW_BOT
21st Nov 2018, 17:47
What nationality is Mr.Ortolan?
Nobody gets that kind of job without a ‘recommendation’ from an insider. Maybe a fellow countryman.
Aviation is such a club of back scratching bastards these days. It’s like the Freemasons.

Klimax
21st Nov 2018, 19:34
What exactly is your point about this post trying to deter people from the company?

It says more about the kind of person he was and has very little reflection of the company’s morals. Don’t get mixed up and act as if the company was in on it.

If you don’t have anything good to say rather keep your mouth shut.

Mate, you got it ALL upside down. Nobody is trying to deter people from HK Express airlines. Just some rather interesting details about the recruitment process within HK Express, for potential candidates to be aware of, being shared. No need to get so offended and mix up emotions with reality. What was being said was quote ".. The company has not inform the Civil aviation department of hong kong.." unquote. So what is being questioned here is the moral within HK Express airlines. A fair point, which you may not like or agree too, but that speaks about your own moral, not somebody else's. Who are YOU to tell anybody to shut up, just because you don't like the evident truth to be disclosed. I suggest you stay put in you warm fuzzy chair and take a chill pill.

volare_737
22nd Nov 2018, 00:09
Guys I think its disgusting to put somebody's name on this site !!! Nobody here I think got first hand personal information about the situation. No problem putting your thoughts on here, but I would leave the persons details out of it. Anyway - just my personal feelings !!!!

mr did
22nd Nov 2018, 00:40
If you don’t have anything good to say rather keep your mouth shut.

Are you new to this?

unstableapproach
22nd Nov 2018, 01:29
back to the original garbled post by hijack.
from inside the company, CAD was certainly informed, full disclosure, last week

suggest you need to bone up on a more sophisticated way to malign a company, hijack. follow morningcoffee. He may regularly post misinformation but at least he posts in intelligible English.

Klimax
22nd Nov 2018, 07:33
..suggest you need to bone up on a more sophisticated way to malign a company, hijack. follow morningcoffee. He may regularly post misinformation but at least he posts in intelligible English. ..

Why, it seems he hit the nerve - that concludes not need for any further sophistication needed. Perhaps there should ideally be a Thread specific to this revealed information. Anyways, someone here on PPRUNE asked how things are at HK Express airlines, and now they got a bit more of an insight. When you're a "manager" you're automatically accepting a responsibility and with that comes your name. There is no name shaming here, just a manager (albeit by name) being identified. It seems there are a lot of woman working at HK Express.

hijack
22nd Nov 2018, 07:41
Did I hear bamboo airlines? recommendation? look at hong kong e... if they like you there's no need for recommendation. Before hong kong express he was at vietjet, over there he was just a FO. No LHS on A320. How did he concluded the job as a Flight safety technical manager and sign off all the documents?

Nobody gets that kind of job without a ‘recommendation’ from an insider. Maybe a fellow countryman.
Aviation is such a club of back scratching bastards these days. It’s like the Freemasons.
that

hijack
22nd Nov 2018, 07:44
French. I guess he got a recommendation from slowbus

hijack
22nd Nov 2018, 07:47
It is not disgusting to put someone post onto pprune unless the company does something about it instead of letting him get away. No one is maligning the company but to let people have a second opinion on landing a job.

Guys I think its disgusting to put somebody's name on this site !!! Nobody here I think got first hand personal information about the situation. No problem putting your thoughts on here, but I would leave the persons details out of it. Anyway - just my personal feelings !!!!

hijack
22nd Nov 2018, 07:56
It's not about nationalities here but let me tell you his should be french. Its about getting people to work without doing a proper screening. Now his disappeared, and the management is just covering up their mess. X, G, R these are the people who are involved accepting him as a management pilot.

hijack
22nd Nov 2018, 08:00
Informed? Have CAD taken his license away and inform other authorities? When, what and how? Spill the beans...... Please

back to the original garbled post by hijack.
from inside the company, CAD was certainly informed, full disclosure, last week

suggest you need to bone up on a more sophisticated way to malign a company, hijack. follow morningcoffee. He may regularly post misinformation but at least he posts in intelligible English.

HHChan
22nd Nov 2018, 10:58
You feel better now “mate”? I’ve said what I need to. All I say, is don’t question someone when YOU don’t even know the full story. I’ll return to my chair now as you kindly requested because clearly these lines have become popular, trying to put people in their place on this forum.

BTW I did not say “shut your mouth” but instead just quoted that well known saying that a lot of us know we should be doing. Key word was “IF”.
You seem to know something here..so share it or dont get upset with other's comments or views. Think your reply could have been nicer mate..cheers

SouthAmWings
3rd Dec 2018, 05:25
You seem to know something here..so share it or dont get upset with other's comments or views. Think your reply could have been nicer mate..cheers
He answered from the comfort of his chair, from where he doesn't want to leave and is terrified of one day losing it. Only that trash in the Flt Ops management get so emotional about these things...

Big Neil
12th Dec 2018, 17:09
Hey guys. I have a licensing question.
If one joins with a frozen ATPL but currently has the required hours for a full ATPL, is it possible to unfreeze to a full HKCAD ATPL as part of the license conversion process, via the LST?
Also are the EASA theoretical ground exams valid in Hong Kong? Or do the equivalent HKCAD exams have to be taken?
I ask because some airlines (present one included) do not allow their FOs to unfreeze.
Cheers

wagon007
23rd Dec 2018, 02:30
Hi all,

Anyone attending to the assessment at HKE anytime soon?

I have been invited to one at HKA but the recruitment is on hold at the moment. I am just wondering if it is the same situation at HKE.

Many Thanks,

not so sure about it

hijack
10th Jan 2019, 14:10
There is a news on South China Morning Post on Hainan Group in some sort of financial difficulties. Good luck waiting.

hijack
10th Jan 2019, 14:12
Hey guys. I have a licensing question.
If one joins with a frozen ATPL but currently has the required hours for a full ATPL, is it possible to unfreeze to a full HKCAD ATPL as part of the license conversion process, via the LST?
Also are the EASA theoretical ground exams valid in Hong Kong? Or do the equivalent HKCAD exams have to be taken?
I ask because some airlines (present one included) do not allow their FOs to unfreeze.
Cheers
Yes. You sit for I think 3 papers during the conversion. You get a CPL from CAD, when you hit 1500 or 3000 hours (Not sure you have to check), you get it unfrozen.

yoyo320
10th Jan 2019, 14:25
I hope they all go down

volare_737
10th Jan 2019, 23:09
Thats a strong comment yoyo - what's your gripe with them ????

yoyo320
11th Jan 2019, 00:14
I was invited for assessment with both HKA & HKE , as you may know u pay for your travel and accommodation and all the expenses
passed both screening as i am already rated and 10 years+ on type , no big deal

went home waiting for the joining date i get an email from both companies that due to their top management they won’t hire me ,,
later i found out its becuase of my nationality , so there it is
and i DO hope both companies shut down

JMock
11th Jan 2019, 00:38
that is highly unlikely. Both airlines hire from anywhere, even have Iranians.

who told you?

look for another reason buddy

yoyo320
11th Jan 2019, 01:09
Enlighten me ....passed both interviews , straight forward .. medical as well ... got the congratulations welcome email from both .. then out of the blue i get an email that senior management rejected my application ...

cpahka
11th Jan 2019, 01:25
perhaps your background check .....

yoyo320
11th Jan 2019, 01:28
I now work for one of the world most luxurious airline ..... that answers your point ..thank you

Sylva Labrosse
4th Feb 2019, 05:29
I just got an invitation for a interview today. I have NO jet time and all the TP aircraft I have flown are under 5.7T

Anyone else get a mail???

Hi man. I just applied with HK Express and I’ve also flown aircraft of 5.7t. How did it all go for you and what did you have to do ?

Bloated Stomach
26th Feb 2019, 15:36
I have an upcoming assessment with HKE. I've shifted threw the forum and have seen plenty and feedback but after the latest info.

What's the assessment like?
What's the morale like in the airline?
Anything important I should know?

Thanks,

Bloated Stomach.

​​​

bonzaboy
27th Feb 2019, 01:05
Having basic literacy skills would help.

Far Canel
27th Feb 2019, 01:38
There’s always one.

mr did
27th Feb 2019, 04:29
Anything important I should know?

The main shareholder and parent Airline are defaulting on lease payments and loans. Others "in the know" might be able to comment further on how this might affect HKE.

Bloated Stomach
28th Feb 2019, 13:17
The main shareholder and parent Airline are defaulting on lease payments and loans. Others "in the know" might be able to comment further on how this might affect HKE.

Thanks Mr.

Looks like a change is on the horizon. Hopefully for the better.

Ilyushin76
7th Mar 2019, 10:45
Been invited to the HKE A320 type rated interview next month. I've gone through the topic but was unable to scavenge latest information about the interview / assessment.

Any guidance will be appreciated :) . Thank you !

unitedabx
9th Mar 2019, 05:26
Hi guys and gals! I just got offered a position at HKE.
I want to know if things have improve or anything to watch out for. Do they pay on time and how much does an FO fly a month? Thank you.

The pilots at HKE are working their nuts off at the moment and having to contimplate the airline being taken over by CX. Whilst their employment is assured their futures are not. I hope you get a reply soon from an authorative source.

Turkpilot
10th Mar 2019, 05:30
I worked there. Was a captain NTR. Total crap instructors, training is the worst I’ve ever seen. They focus on so much minutia and bs it’s pathetic. I’m at s US carrier now on the same equipment. I feel like I have added 10 years to my life. So much easier and more practical then HKE. Serisouly, don’t even bother it’s not worth the hassle.

Ilyushin76
14th Mar 2019, 20:04
I worked there. Was a captain NTR. Total crap instructors, training is the worst I’ve ever seen. They focus on so much minutia and bs it’s pathetic. I’m at s US carrier now on the same equipment. I feel like I have added 10 years to my life. So much easier and more practical then HKE. Serisouly, don’t even bother it’s not worth the hassle.

Kardesh can you guide me as to what I should expect in the interview and assessment ?

Bloated Stomach
25th Mar 2019, 14:39
Feedback for this bunch.

They invite you for the assessment and book flights with 10 hour transits in between.

That was enough for me to realise the sort of airline they are.

Ilyushin76
6th Apr 2019, 08:44
Anyone given the interview for HK Express recently? Curious about the questions being asked in general in the technical interview. Any insider will be appreciated !

Mumbai_radio
10th Apr 2019, 07:50
Anyone given the interview for HK Express recently? Curious about the questions being asked in general in the technical interview. Any insider will be appreciated !

No tech questions, only HR questions (3 reasons why you wanna join , what do you know about us and stuff). Don’t worry about it cuz they are not listening. The money maker is sim. Normal Takeoff, Steep turns, VOR radial intercept, Go-around, Eng failure during go-around after clean up, OEI landing. Fully manual flying without FD and A/T until Go-around.

Jammed
11th Apr 2019, 04:50
Good to know yoyo320. Best wishes for you and your career.
Just sad to know you hope for HKE and HKA shut down and leave so many people out...

HKA stop hiring last year due to dramatic HNA change of plans. They were hiring all nationalities.
HKE still hiring for all positions.

volare_737
11th Apr 2019, 06:46
I speak under correction, but I have heard that all hiring is frozen due to the Cathay takeover.

unitedabx
11th Apr 2019, 07:49
I speak under correction, but I have heard that all hiring is frozen due to the Cathay takeover.

That is so but interviews and selection continue. Hiring has been frozen pending CX review. Maybe take a look at KA recruitment for DEFO on A320/330 via PARC Aviation.

Brian304
20th Apr 2019, 17:40
Just wondering if any other candidate is also taking there assessment on Wednesday 24th April?

Ilyushin76
12th May 2019, 13:36
Applied for the HK visa and got a very polite e-mail before my interview date that the management has decided to dump my application as "passport" has visa issues when it comes to HK (takes too much time to get a visit visa) which is true but I mentioned the issue clearly in my e-mails to them. They just apologized and that was it.

Trying to get my passport back from the HK embassy now :D

RAT Management
12th May 2019, 13:44
Applied for the HK visa and got a very polite e-mail before my interview date that the management has decided to dump my application as "passport" has visa issues when it comes to HK (takes too much time to get a visit visa) which is true but I mentioned the issue clearly in my e-mails to them. They just apologized and that was it.

Trying to get my passport back from the HK embassy now :D
Your probably better off. Sometimes things are meant to be. You will probably be very thankful in the next year or so.

Chazz10
29th Jul 2019, 10:47
What the hell... Are you sure?

Chazz10
29th Jul 2019, 11:11
Anthony wasn’t rated? Really.. are you sure. This is such a dangerous behavior.

Chazz10
29th Jul 2019, 11:40
Been there too buddy. It was awful. I had training with anthony ortolan as well. I’d rather not say what i think of him and hke.

Jim167
8th Aug 2019, 21:09
Does anyone have any info for ACTUAL first year and second year estimated salary? I have been given the "package" but all it states is the average salary at each position. Capt/Fo/TrainingFO etc etc. I am not sure if this is broken English for starting salary.........Or if they are being sneaky with the numbers. Either way the "average FO" is stated to be on a total package of HKD$79000 monthly. Confirm or deny please. Or PM if you prefer.

volare_737
9th Aug 2019, 01:20
Jim - it really depends how much you fly. At the moment the FO's are maxing out on hours so the salary is better, but you work for it. If you need details PM me.

mngmt mole
9th Aug 2019, 01:39
JIm, you need a correct perspective on the 'salary' CX quotes you will earn. In HK, a decent apartment will be $25000 hkd /mo, with electricity and rates (tax) on top. You then must deduct salary tax from your earning, then you can enjoy paying $10 usd for a beer. $30 usd for a dinner. Add in the cost of transportation, the cost of staff travel to get home to see your relatives, and all the other costs of life and you basically are living like a junior FO at an Australian regional (or arguably worse off still). CX try to pretend that they offer an 'amazing' package. In fact, it's crap. End of.

cxorcist
9th Aug 2019, 01:58
JIm, you need a correct perspective on the 'salary' CX quotes you will earn. In HK, a decent apartment will be $25000 hkd /mo, with electricity and rates (tax) on top. You then must deduct salary tax from your earning, then you can enjoy paying $10 usd for a beer. $30 usd for a dinner. Add in the cost of transportation, the cost of staff travel to get home to see your relatives, and all the other costs of life and you basically are living like a junior FO at an Australian regional (or arguably worse off still). CX try to pretend that they offer an 'amazing' package. In fact, it's crap. End of.

This is true. Think cost of living like London, New York, or San Francisco, except there are no suburbs or farther rural areas to escape to.

Check2
13th Aug 2019, 09:25
Hello all

i have an interview coming up at HKE, can anyone share any latest interview questions/sim profile?

happy landings

peaceandlove
13th Aug 2019, 20:19
This A. O. is now in europe, in a spanish airline with Airbus and 717... This is what a friend of mine told me. I don't know how is possible that airlines are not doing a background check... Apparently he is also a trainer

Timekiller
19th Aug 2019, 08:14
Hello all

i have an interview coming up at HKE, can anyone share any latest interview questions/sim profile?

happy landings
When is your interview?

==============================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

cxorcist
19th Aug 2019, 13:31
Hello all

happy landings
Have you been watching the news? Jumping into the boiling pot is your best option?

Timekiller
3rd Sep 2019, 09:48
Hi, would you mind share the pay salary . I am thinking to join . Thank you

Air Profit
3rd Sep 2019, 15:28
Reality of Life, Lesson No. 1: "You Can't Fix Stupid".

deja vu
4th Sep 2019, 01:38
Reality of Life, Lesson No. 1: "You Can't Fix Stupid".

A bit harsh. To some people the current situation in Hong Kong is a "storm in a teacup" compared to their own situations. Even if the deal is lousy compared to the good old days a chance to get a decent rating could be a life/career changing event. I can recall thinking how "stupid" people were by accepting B scale back in the early 1990's, now those conditions are only dreamt about.

Slasher1
4th Sep 2019, 02:22
I can recall thinking how "stupid" people were by accepting B scale back in the early 1990's, now those conditions are only dreamt about.

LOL......

I rest my case.

wagon007
4th Sep 2019, 11:04
Hi, would you mind share the pay salary . I am thinking to join . Thank you

long story short!
less than 1500 hours 25k Basic
less than 2500 35k
more than 3000 45k

r u sure my friend? :8

pilotchute
5th Sep 2019, 00:28
FO base for less than 1500 hours jet in 2015 was $53,000 HKD. Your numbers are way off

deja vu
5th Sep 2019, 00:52
LOL......

I rest my case.

You didn't make a case, or a point.

wagon007
5th Sep 2019, 07:13
FO base for less than 1500 hours jet in 2015 was $53,000 HKD. Your numbers are way off

OK laaa, here

Basic. MBA(g). MBA(p)
25.000 + 15.000 + 17.750 = 57.750 the full basic salary you will get when the training is complete.

happy now? :8

fractal
5th Sep 2019, 13:37
Better be off that crap of people at the Training Department full of Brazilians who don't know anything about Airbus and think they have discovered Aviation a long time ago. They will make you feel as an idiot every time you try to make a decision in the cockpit, considering they were flying Boeing just a while ago.
Don't wanna comment on the Belgian guy who is now running the Department of Operations after a completely mad psychopathic Australian guy was stepped down. He comes from HKA and the biggest SH1T and dishonest person you'll ever meet. If you're a FO you'll never be upgraded. They make exams every 4 or 5 months and fail the most honest and prepared FO because they feel they haven't reached the appropriate level. Good luck.

Flying Clog
5th Sep 2019, 17:51
Sounds like fun!

Turkpilot
5th Sep 2019, 22:20
Better be off that crap of people at the Training Department full of Brazilians who don't know anything about Airbus and think they have discovered Aviation a long time ago. They will make you feel as an idiot every time you try to make a decision in the cockpit, considering they were flying Boeing just a while ago.
Don't wanna comment on the Belgian guy who is now running the Department of Operations after a completely mad psychopathic Australian guy was stepped down. He comes from HKA and the biggest SH1T and dishonest person you'll ever meet. If you're a FO you'll never be upgraded. They make exams every 4 or 5 months and fail the most honest and prepared FO because they feel they haven't reached the appropriate level. Good luck.

Hugo Raes the Belgian is the biggest piece of crap to walk this planet

Allenwallker
19th Sep 2019, 22:04
Hi everyone,

Anyone recently had an interview with HKExpress?
I went through the thread but was unable to gather latest information about the interview and assessment.

Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

tunyet
21st Sep 2019, 13:12
Hi everyone,

Anyone recently had an interview with HKExpress?
I went through the thread but was unable to gather latest information about the interview and assessment.

Thank you in advance.

Yes.
Stay away.

pilotchute
22nd Sep 2019, 04:06
Pay attention I will only say this once
Interview Process:
1. Panel Interview with management pilots
2. Simulator Assessment
3. COMPASS Test
4. Medical Check
5. English Test

The simulator is done completely raw data. Expect to do V1 Cut, ILS Go around and other airwork such as intercepting a VOR Radial.

Jim167
22nd Sep 2019, 08:55
Appreciate the info, I didn't realize they were doing a compass test? Also how tech-focused is the interview?

Allenwallker
23rd Sep 2019, 06:22
Pay attention I will only say this once
Interview Process:
1. Panel Interview with management pilots
2. Simulator Assessment
3. COMPASS Test
4. Medical Check
5. English Test

The simulator is done completely raw data. Expect to do V1 Cut, ILS Go around and other airwork such as intercepting a VOR Radial.

Thank you for your information.
Is this process also same as the NTR position?

Eyash
15th Oct 2019, 16:00
Hello gentlemen, anyone mind to share some information about Hongkong Express? Thank you

1. Command Upgrade
2. Any expat group
3. Working culture & environment
​​​​​​​4. Any bond for non type rated

wagon007
16th Oct 2019, 17:19
Hello gentlemen, anyone mind to share some information about Hongkong Express? Thank you

1. Command Upgrade
2. Any expat group
4. Any bond for non type rated

have you done the interview? did you make it?

fractal
18th Oct 2019, 18:24

1. Command Upgrade
2. Any expat group
1. Command upgrade. Forget about the command upgrade.
2. Any expat group. Pilots are basically expats in Hong Kong. The mob is Brazilians in HKE
3. Working culture. Once you are released the atmosphere is good, but until you are released and overtime you do an OPC you will suffer the Brazilian mob.
​​​​​​​4. Bond. No bond

Jim167
19th Oct 2019, 03:32
1. Command upgrade. Forget about the command upgrade.
2. Any expat group. Pilots are basically expats in Hong Kong. The mob is Brazilians in HKE
3. Working culture. Once you are released the atmosphere is good, but until you are released and overtime you do an OPC you will suffer the Brazilian mob.
4. Bond. No bond
There is a bond. Well, as of recent company documentation.

fractal
21st Oct 2019, 07:58
There is a bond. Well, as of recent company documentation.
Yes. There is a bond that is illegal by Hong kong laws. You are required to sign the bond on a different paper that the contract with the Company, and there is no follow up of that bond in case you decide to leave Hong Kong.

Check2
21st Oct 2019, 08:12
So.. Pilots have left and the company does not try to get the bond back...?

Brian304
21st Oct 2019, 13:58
So.. Pilots have left and the company does not try to get the bond back...?

I have no experience with HKE, but I am assume that they will not give you your release papers (no accident/ incident, employment, reference, flight hours confirmation) if you do that. Which may make it difficult on your next job.

cxorcist
21st Oct 2019, 15:06
Yes. There is a bond that is illegal by Hong kong laws. You are required to sign the bond on a different paper that the contract with the Company, and there is no follow up of that bond in case you decide to leave Hong Kong.
... which tells you everything you need to know about HKE and, by extension, CX.

Flex88
21st Oct 2019, 16:33

1. Command Upgrade
2. Any expat group

1. Apply
2. Interview
3. Ask your questions..

In other-words, get off your ass and do something for yourself.. JFC.

bringbackthe80s
22nd Oct 2019, 00:50
I have no experience with HKE, but I am assume that they will not give you your release papers (no accident/ incident, employment, reference, flight hours confirmation) if you do that. Which may make it difficult on your next job.

You’d be surprised of how many companies will NOT give you those even after many years of loyalty to them.

fractal
22nd Oct 2019, 18:45
Before you leave HKE you need to do your work. That is, you need to apply for another Company. Once you are hired, you say goodbye to them. This is how the world has worked since...
It would be better if you apply for your next job while in Hong kong.
HKE is a good place to obtain a type rating for FO that come from props, etc. It's free. Once you get the hours, think again.
It would be better if you do your research, but a good research on why having prepared FO they don't upgrade them, or on how many Captains have left the Company in the last two years, for example or how many Captains are searching for another gig somewhere else.

OgArt
29th Oct 2019, 10:48
Hi everyone,

Anyone recently had a skype interview with HKExpress?

Thank you in advance.

arc698
3rd Nov 2019, 21:38
Wondering what they ask in the interview? Specifically for NTR.. and is there a Compass test or not?

Thanks!

Bladecreep
6th Nov 2019, 20:29
Looks like they are taking NTR individuals for direct entry captain with 3000TT and 1000TPIC or 500 Jet or something along those lines. Kinda like peach but lower TT req. Anybody have any details on the why and how of this opportunity? Regional captain in usa, 3100TT 400TPIC.

cxorcist
7th Nov 2019, 00:36
Looks like they are taking NTR individuals for direct entry captain with 3000TT and 1000TPIC or 500 Jet or something along those lines. Kinda like peach but lower TT req. Anybody have any details on the why and how of this opportunity? Regional FO in usa, 3100TT 400TPIC.
With respect, you are so close to a real airline job in the USA. Why would you jump at this bad deal? Pay your dues in the US and get a real job imo...

iceman50
7th Nov 2019, 03:44
So why did you not do that cxorcist?

roll_over
7th Nov 2019, 05:09
Guys, what is the upgrade process at HKexpress like? Can anyone share some details?

Upgrade at my company seems to have stalled indefinitely and if it happens it will be on 320 and not widebody, so thinking of jumping ship now.

Is there much difference between Dragon and HKExpress?

cxorcist
7th Nov 2019, 13:57
So why did you not do that cxorcist?
Probably similar reasons to yourself. It was a different time when I joined CX. Now I have the shackles of seniority and large financial obligations keeping me at CX. If I could go straight across to another airline without starting at the bottom, I would do it.

Ilililililil
2nd Sep 2023, 01:41
Brother I have been invited the assessment , would you help me please, what should I prepare?

Ilililililil
2nd Sep 2023, 01:43
Anyone have the assessment information, interview SIM assessment etc

cxflog
2nd Sep 2023, 14:21
If you can fog a mirror then congratulations you’ve got the job.

SNJBOY
16th Sep 2023, 07:36
Did the assessment in early SEP please PM me for detail

Flysly
18th Sep 2023, 12:05
Bro can u please send me the assessment info 🙏

Ilililililil
18th Sep 2023, 13:46
Would you send me via email
[email protected]

Flysly
20th Sep 2023, 18:32
Mate ur inbox is full. Can you please be so kind and give me the info on your assessment on September ?

SNJBOY
5th Oct 2023, 02:51
Sorry for Late reply Here is the assessment info

Day 1 Aptitude test with computer
Day 2 Group interview + Individual interview + Simulator
Day 3 Medical Test

Aptitude test including Spatial Orientation / Multi tasking / Complex control / Monitoring ability / English Competency (All are from Cut E test)
Group + Individual all HR question no tech e.g. Pros Cons / How to work with multi cultural
Simulator A330 manual flying No AP No A/THR + Airwork as per instruction via e-mail

HeadUpTheTailpipe
5th Oct 2023, 13:45
Attitude test?

Says it all really.

SOPS
5th Oct 2023, 15:11
Attitude test?

Says it all really.
it’s Gold !!!

VHVTD
3rd Nov 2023, 14:50
Hi bro, for your information, did you have A320 type rating before?
for the simulator assessment, does HK express use A330 simulator for only non A320 type rated people or for both them?