PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit Door Auto unlock by CDLS

George Yogi
24th Jun 2014, 10:33
Why cockpit door is Automatically unlocked during a cockpit decompression what is the logic behind this ?
Does cockpit door unlocks during a cabin decompression too ?

Intruder
24th Jun 2014, 11:18
If you don't know, you don't need to know.

BOAC
24th Jun 2014, 12:20
It doesn't take an Einstein to work it out!

John Farley
24th Jun 2014, 13:32
Isn't that the truth.

oceancrosser
24th Jun 2014, 14:02
The OP here in addition to posing a lot of questions here is also flooding anet with the same questions under a different name (LandingGear).

Training in India (if this is legitimate) must be really poor as we have seen this web flooded with questions from Indians lately.

flyboyike
24th Jun 2014, 15:51
It's not legitimate, no worries.

foxmoth
25th Jun 2014, 11:22
I would expect the OP will have some sniffing around by the authorities!:ok:

Lord Spandex Masher
25th Jun 2014, 11:34
Why cockpit door is Automatically unlocked during a cockpit decompression what is the logic behind this ?

Look at it logically.

If the door unlocked during a cabin decompression that would potentially cause the flight deck to suffer a decompression too if, the door was forced open because of the pressure differential. The door unlocks during a flight deck decompression because it is unpossible to open the door anyway because of the same pressure differential effect.

We have inward opening toilet doors to make a cabin decompression survivable should you be relieving yourself at the time.

172_driver
25th Jun 2014, 15:08
Here was I thinking the aim was to equalize the pressure between all compartments in case of a decompression? Hence the blow out panels, installed in the flight deck door as well as in the cabin floor to the cargo holds. On 737, that is.

Also, on the 737 I don't think the door automatically unlocks? I am not going to dig out the FCOM now to double check, but if it did I guess it would simplify the process of accessing the flight deck in case possible incapacitation.

Lord Spandex Masher
25th Jun 2014, 15:26
No, no, no. The aim is to ensure the flight deck doesn't decompress. An auto unlock in the case of a flight deck decompression ensures that the hosties have instant access to bring us coffee, mop our brows and whisper to us that we're awesome...once the pressure differential is reduced to normal of course. ;)

BOAC
25th Jun 2014, 15:33
You naughty man, you.....

172_driver
25th Jun 2014, 22:49
I should've read more carefully next time…… :)

grounded27
26th Jun 2014, 05:12
Many years ago but I had supervised and installed several IRCD doors. I very well may be wrong but the DP system only releases the ballistic panels to allow for airflow as to not hurt the crew or create further damage to the door. The door remains locked but provides a lesser degree of security. At interval and initial installation the door is tested by applying vacuum pressure to a sensor/ pneumatic/mechanical device on the door. Logically I believe it is on the inside, have not really payed much attention to them since mandated installation.

jayteeto
26th Jun 2014, 20:00
Other questions further down by the same guy. Why so interested in getting into the cockpit???????

1jz
5th Jul 2014, 15:57
May be INTERPOL needs to run a profile scan on this gentleman.

Tinwacker
16th Jul 2014, 11:06

To simply equalise the two differing pressures, cockpit and cabin.

No, the door lower decompression panel opens rearwards towards the cabin and again to equalise the two differing pressures.
The higher cockpit pressure would resist the door inward opening if it was possible..

Natstrackalpha
20th Jul 2014, 17:49
QUOTE!! mop our brows and whisper to us that we're awesome" UNQUOTE!!

Are we really that awesome . . . .?:O

:ok: