PDA

View Full Version : PAX boarding on A320

George Yogi
24th Jun 2014, 10:32
When ever i Board/Alight an A320 aircraft I have observed it is done form left forward or rear door whether from the Ground or Aero-Bridge , Is it because of the Cargo loading/unloading from the right side or any other reason ? , Please guide ?

flyboyike
24th Jun 2014, 15:53
When was the last time you saw ANY airliner being boarded from the aircraft right side?

BOAC
24th Jun 2014, 16:01
Frequently for wheelchair pax?

Tinwacker
4th Jul 2014, 14:10
George, you are becoming very observant while boarding this A320.
Perhaps you could have a detailed look at the right hand side and actually see what goes on and in.....

Notice that the aerobridge is also built on the left hand side, I haven't actually seen any myself on the right hand side but sure that someone will guide us accordingly.
Commonality when building aircraft on a large scale does make sense, shape of aircraft, access points for pax and cargo, fueling and toilet/water servicing.

The airport planners can now plan the shape of the terminals to maximise aircraft parking slots, ensure efficient traffic flow round these very expensive aircraft, control people movement that is growing very rapidly each year and to turn the aircraft round in as short a time as possible.

The A320's and B737's I have flown in all appear to have the galleys built on the right hand side. Chicken or egg??? Airbus, like Boeing and others realise that and design for loading goods on the right and passengers on the left. Conflict happened when earlier aircraft did have lower cargo entry points on the left....

Some points of banter to ponder over....

BOAC
4th Jul 2014, 16:21
...after all, we cannot have the F/Os ogling the skimpily clad ladies as they board can we?

Tinwacker
5th Jul 2014, 08:43
hehehe B.O.A.C Captains privilege......

TW